Here's a few of my suggestions :

Crossroads - Cream.
Toad - Cream
Comfortably Numb - The Floyd
Baba O'Riley - The Who
Salisbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Living Years - Mike and the Mechanics.

Ha ha, I like "Down Down Deeper and Down" :D

Mine is "My Happiness" by Powderfinger. It initially sounds really sad but it's about happiness. Or "Am I ever gonna see your face again" by The Angels - there's a local version full of expletives that'll leave the mourners rocking in the aisles.

Miss Meow said:

Mine is "My Happiness" by Powderfinger. It initially sounds really sad but it's about happiness. Or "Am I ever gonna see your face again" by The Angels - there's a local version full of expletives that'll leave the mourners rocking in the aisles.

Seen The Angels perform that live, I thought the expletive version was the official version :)

My own choices would be:
1) I'm not afraid of dieing
2) the Peoples Flag

Definitely "Staying Alive" by The Bee Gees.
"Dead Souls" by Joy Division.
"Time" by Culture Club.
I'm sure there's like a million others that I can't think of right this minute.
Anything but some corny country ass 'granny is watching us in heaven' ****.
Oh and how about "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" by Wham. Gay people make the greatest funeral serenades.

Miss Meow said:

I love "My Happiness"- Good choice.
I don't know what mine would be, I guess it will change a million times before I get older, but right now I suppose "Slice of Heaven".

Speaking of music, [a little off the subject]. I was watching an interveiw with bill O'rielly & they asked him if he could have any thing in the world, his wish, dream come true. He replyed that he was a big fan of the doors & he would be the lead singer & have van morrison's voice. But he would be the 'good door' & not have the same veiws & do the same things as morison. That guy is so full of himself. :D Thats about the funniest thing I ever heard! Bill O'rielly a doors fan!

ohgodnooo! said:
Definitely "Staying Alive" by The Bee Gees.
"Dead Souls" by Joy Division.
"Time" by Culture Club.
I'm sure there's like a million others that I can't think of right this minute.
Anything but some corny country ass 'granny is watching us in heaven' ****.
Oh and how about "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" by Wham. Gay people make the greatest funeral serenades.

I listened to my best and worst of Boy George and Culture Club and I'm going to have to play the whole thing. Time is a gorgeous song. Culture Club has been my guilty pleasure since I was about 13 years old!

Might have to arrange drinks and eats for my funeral as the musical arrangement will take a while. I won't care as I won't have anything better to do at the time :eek:

Long Time in the Ground written by C.S. Leyland (The Deke Dickerson version is great!)
(I Want to Take You) Higher By Sly and the Family Stone
Within You Without You by the Beatles (George Harrison)
All these before the wake, then the Tibetan Ghost Exorcism Ritual LP after to stop me being tempted to stay around my old haunts.

limerickman said:
I read recently of a customised Crematorium Music Co., which will tailor make
your departure to your favourite tunes.

This got me thinking : what tune (s) would you like to have played at your
departure ?

Some choices included

Blinded by the Light.
Bat out of Hell.
Down Down Deeper and Down.
Always look on the bright side of life.

For me, it's tough choice :

Here's a few of my suggestions :

Crossroads - Cream.
Toad - Cream
Comfortably Numb - The Floyd
Baba O'Riley - The Who
Salisbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
Living Years - Mike and the Mechanics.
"Knocking on heavens door" by Bob Dylan...Mama take these guns off of me...I don't need them anymore...

Hmmm, gave this a passing thought.

Love Like Blood - Killing Joke
Bon Voyage - Sparks
Deeper Water - Paul Kelly
Perfect Day - Lou Reed
possibly the Star Trek (TNG) theme as well

and

Monty Pythons, Always look on the bright side of life - to give everyone the giggles. :eek:

I think it depends on your choice of disposition. As I would choose cremation, I might select:

Shot Down in Flames - ACDC
Burnin' for You - BOC
Disco Inferno - The Trammps (you know, "Burn, Baby Burn")
or maybe the Johnny Cash classic, Ring of Fire

Ray Charles complete country & western collection. If people weren't crying by my passing, then surely the sweet sounds of Ray would cause a tear or two the well up in the eyes.

Maybe throw in some Tom Waits, Willie Nelson, Charles Mingus and even a couple of Nomeansno tunes for my aging punker friends who may be in attendance.

More than anything, I'd like to be cremated and have my ashes packed in a big fireworks mortar. Then spend all my life insurance money on all the fireworks it could by and blast me off as the grand finale. I think graveyards are a waste of good farm land.

MountainPro said:
Reek Of Putrefaction by Carcass

British Grind/Death Metal outfit.
I've got the latest cover version by 'The Vaticans'.