Your parting tune

Darjevon said:
in a gadda da vi da by iron butterfly

Don't you mean 'In the garden of evil' LOL. I saw a show on those guys the other night and how the singer was so stoned that 'in a gadda da vi da' is what he sang instead. The rest of the band members were like hmm sounds good and they kept playing...funny as hell!

jaguar75 said:
Don't you mean 'In the garden of evil' LOL. I saw a show on those guys the other night and how the singer was so stoned that 'in a gadda da vi da' is what he sang instead. The rest of the band members were like hmm sounds good and they kept playing...funny as hell!
Yeah that story sounds familiar :D

"i am a lonesome fugitive" roy buchannan

"too far gone" neil young

"fire in the hole" steely dan

"banned in boston" sam the sham and the pharoahs

"this is the end" buddy guy

limerickman said:
I read recently of a customised Crematorium Music Co., which will tailor make
your departure to your favourite tunes.

This got me thinking : what tune (s) would you like to have played at your
departure ?

Some choices included

'The Next Time I'm In Town' by Mark Knopfler & Chet Atkins (Neck & Neck) or 'Closing Time' by Leonard Cohen.

Just because they seem like good farewell songs. :D

And 'Lazy' by Deep Purple because it describes me so well. :D :D

Darjevon said:
hey man! robert johnson's awesome. see if you can find leadbelly's (or ledbelly) original recording of "Goodnight Irene."
Better still, find his original of 'Black Betty' and loop it as an intro to the rock version by Ram Jam

Darjevon said:
hey man! robert johnson's awesome. see if you can find leadbelly's (or ledbelly) original recording of "Goodnight Irene."
I like Robert Johnson's stuff, but jeez ' Goodnight Irene' is a blinder. Another one that someone mentioned was RL Burnside, how the effing hell he managed in its simplicity to do 'I'm a nothin' man' intrigues me.

O.K for the record I'm not an R.E.M fan but "It's the end of the world" would seem appropriate. Although Gramps had Louis Armstrong's 'Wonderful world' playing at his. Such a good song too. Will think more on this subject.

Peace,
Dz

ahh black betty by black oak aransas will rock the jaded.

EnigManiac said:
Better still, find his original of 'Black Betty' and loop it as an intro to the rock version by Ram Jam

FredC said:
I like Robert Johnson's stuff, but jeez ' Goodnight Irene' is a blinder. Another one that someone mentioned was RL Burnside, how the effing hell he managed in its simplicity to do 'I'm a nothin' man' intrigues me.
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton
Pick a bale o' cotton

simply true.

Anyone here watch the Motherwell and Celtic game at the weekend?

A ****** tragedy.

The most corrupt person outside of the Bush administration is the SPL guy who is incharge of appointing referrees.

Who would have thought the huns would have got the title...

reminds me of a joke actually (you gotta laugh in the face of utter bleakness) ...

Why has Ibrox got the nicest pitch in the UK?

Because it gets £30 million of shite dumped in it every second Saturday...

that makes me feel a little better...:eek:

what about Liverpool last night eh?....anyone watch the Champions League cup final...

what a shocker...just goes to prove that you can have all the big names in Milan but nothing beats a bit of scouse scally...