Your Predictions For The Tour De France?



slovakguy

Well-Known Member
Mar 17, 2006
1,898
66
0
porte certainly enhanced his earnings potential as a gc contender, lim. question remains as to which teams are left with a bankroll large enough and vacancy to bring him aboard. bmc? teejay's future may be known on spanish tarmac.

and brailsford did froome no favours in releasing wattage data which shows he produced numbers lower than climbers finishing far lower than froome on the stage. as yet, though, no opinion on froome or sky, but at least the journo's are pressing for answers instead of groveling outside the team bus door for a few scraps of information. fingers crossed that one of them does some digging and not just lobbing questions in the press tent.

and cheers to sagan! riding on a squad dedicated to contador's dream, little to no support even on the champs, jobbed on the most aggressive rider, rules changed to try and deny him the green jersey, and still had his nose at the front over so much different terrain. and good show giving contador his mount, granted his slim chance that day, but at least he went to contador's aid. chapeau!
 
  • Like
Reactions: limerickman

limerickman

Well-Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
16,130
220
63
slovakguy said:
porte certainly enhanced his earnings potential as a gc contender, lim. question remains as to which teams are left with a bankroll large enough and vacancy to bring him aboard. bmc? teejay's future may be known on spanish tarmac.

and brailsford did froome no favours in releasing wattage data which shows he produced numbers lower than climbers finishing far lower than froome on the stage. as yet, though, no opinion on froome or sky, but at least the journo's are pressing for answers instead of groveling outside the team bus door for a few scraps of information. fingers crossed that one of them does some digging and not just lobbing questions in the press tent.

and cheers to sagan! riding on a squad dedicated to contador's dream, little to no support even on the champs, jobbed on the most aggressive rider, rules changed to try and deny him the green jersey, and still had his nose at the front over so much different terrain. and good show giving contador his mount, granted his slim chance that day, but at least he went to contador's aid. chapeau!

I agree with all of that Slovak, especially the point about Sagan.
He's a great rider.
 
  • Like
Reactions: steve

steve

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 12, 2001
5,275
392
83
limerickman said:
I agree with all of that Slovak, especially the point about Sagan.
He's a great rider.
Sagan and a couple of others made the tour interesting, he'd be the most complete rider we've seen in decades.
 

limerickman

Well-Known Member
Jan 5, 2004
16,130
220
63
steve said:
Sagan and a couple of others made the tour interesting, he'd be the most complete rider we've seen in decades.

I agree.

It will be interesting to see how Richie Porte fares in another team. Porte has become an exceptionally strong rider in recent years. If he can hold that level of performance he should be in contention for the grand tours in the next few years