Your Ride!

I bought a 2002 Fuji Aloha (TT/Triathlon) a few months ago. Although I like it so far, in my first Time Trial last weekend I flated both tires within 10 seconds at 10.2 miles of a 12.4 trial. O well, as the owner of the bike shop I purchased it at said, S--- happens. I also have a Mongoose Mtn (full suspension) bike that I have rode for 3 years and love it. Rides great and have had no problems, although I use it on the road mostly because it gives me a great workout and I like the freedom to go anywhere I want.

John

I ride a Colnago C40 and a Cervelo Soloist Team bike. One has Campy Record and the other has Shimano Dura Ace / Ultegra mix. I like Campy because the cables run cleaner and Campy has difinitive shifting. You can hear it clunk into the desired gear. Plus Campy stuff is rebuildable. I like Shimano to. Shimano shifting is more stealth, this can be helpful in the final stages of a breakaway. Also because the cables route off of the shifters and not on the bars near the stem you can add areo bars more easily.

I ride a Giant TCR1 Ultegra group Shimano 540 wheels Look pedals feels fantastic getting into something at 40 that you can get fit and get you going in the mornings.

Originally posted by john benkert
I bought a 2002 Fuji Aloha (TT/Triathlon) a few months ago. Although I like it so far, in my first Time Trial last weekend I flated both tires within 10 seconds at 10.2 miles of a 12.4 trial. O well, as the owner of the bike shop I purchased it at said, S--- happens. I also have a Mongoose Mtn (full suspension) bike that I have rode for 3 years and love it. Rides great and have had no problems, although I use it on the road mostly because it gives me a great workout and I like the freedom to go anywhere I want.

John
I thank you for your advice concerning the FUJI I'll keep my options open the funny part about it I too have a Mongoose mtn which I just recently purched, I love it. I have a decent road bike a Performance r202 which happens to be the best bike I owned in my life the problem is I'm spoiled I like new bikes and I had my sights set on the FUJI onece again I'll keep your quote in mind thanks again.

OK. Derosa King. Campagnolo Record. Carbon Cranks. Campagnolo Boras. Vittoria Evo CXs. Cinelli Carbon Ram Bars. Fizik Alliante. Tried fitting it into the front seat of my new Ferrari Enzo, but I guess I have to dump it into the back seat of my Bentley Azure. Maybe I can find a rack that fits on a Maybach 64.

OK. Wake me up! At least a guy has the right to dream, darn it :) Alright. I ride an old Colnago Master Olympic steel bike. That's really passe in this age of carbon/U2 but it works, and its fully paid for. Hey, there's really Campagnolo Record on it, but its 11 years old, its 8 speed and the Ergopower levers are 1st generation with all the quirks and kinks. Hey, it still works and I still have lots of fun. Putting my fat carcass on a 14 pound bike won't get me up a hill any faster. Besides, my unsympathetic wife is still screaming at me for what I paid for that bike in 1992 :D

Cannondale R4000 (CAAD4 frame) with Dura-Ace 9spd. Wheels are Mavics w/ Dura-Ace hubs. Nice stiff bike for sprinting, climbing. Cannondale is now going the integrated headset / BB route, and using more proprietary components, which I don't care for. But love my bike -- I do about 150 miles per week.

[
dont worry my friend,if you dont like your old Colnago give it to me.i have already two of them.one with full Campagnolo,the other with mixed Campy & Shimano's.in a decade past time your bike will be collectors items.these days that all bikes are "made in Taiwan" your bike is like a diamond among ****.
What about my young age racing 531 reynolds Raleigh team of 1979 which is in room?is it worth any emotions from the past?

Originally posted by fuelrider
Nice job, Steve. How's the riding in Wheaton?

Years old, had a few races in your area, when I lived just north of you in BC.....

Memph

Originally posted by Memphmann
Years old, had a few races in your area, when I lived just north of you in BC.....

Memph

Memphman,
you left the "age" part out:rolleyes: did you forget:p ?

Mataliog,

I hear you. I owned a late 70s Raleigh Team as well but in 753. Unfortunately, it bit dust under the wheel of a truck. My racing days were more eventful than even Tyler's. I do have a 1968 Cinelli Super Corsa SLX. It still rides beautifully. I baby all my bikes.

I have a '99 blue-silver Klein Quantum for almost 3 years now. Full Shimano 105 double, 12-25. Carbon fork. The bike is stiff and responds great. I love it.

Memphman,
you left the "age" part out:rolleyes: did you forget:p ?

Raced out there back in '93 & '94 when I was still a pup of 20-21 years. Raced around some park. Even had a small race in Colville.....

Memph

Nice job, Steve. How's the riding in Wheaton?

Wheaton's a Chicago suburb (30 miles out) so traffic is a pain. But if you get another 10-15 miles west, you're out in farm country. Also, there's a large government research facility about 10 miles west of here which used to be farmland. Lots of cyclists use it. Little traffic and about a 10 mile loop. Even a coyote now and then (no kidding). The only real thing we don't have here are HILLS!

Originally posted by Bob West
I ride a Colnago C40 and a Cervelo Soloist Team bike. One has Campy Record and the other has Shimano Dura Ace / Ultegra mix. I like Campy because the cables run cleaner and Campy has difinitive shifting. You can hear it clunk into the desired gear. Plus Campy stuff is rebuildable. I like Shimano to. Shimano shifting is more stealth, this can be helpful in the final stages of a breakaway. Also because the cables route off of the shifters and not on the bars near the stem you can add areo bars more easily.

Hey Bob
This is slightly off topic, but I am thinking about getting a colnago c40.Do you enjoy it?Is it one of the best bike you have ever ridden?Just trying to get some feedback here.
Thanks