Your Ride!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Guest, Aug 31, 2001.

1. renebuan

renebuan New Member

hey bike rider from the philippines...i feel your pain about the bad roads there.

i grew up riding the mean streets of manila and it is bad. but the riding in the suburbs back then was awesome. i took my bike there 2 years ago and had a blast going around batangas and davao. i did have to have the wheels true'd twice but other than that the biking was good. well, biking is always good anyway.

2. Timmy G

Timmy G New Member

hey renebuan,

i used to live in marikina (dunno if that's how you spell it), near quezon city.

3. renebuan

renebuan New Member

yup, that's how marikina is spelled. i probably know you then? where did you live in marikina? did you go to Marist too?

4. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Nice looking bike. What brand of rims are those? How is the triple chainring? Don't know if I could handle it....

Memph

5. turne10

turne10 New Member

6. GTF

GTF New Member

Santa Cruz Ultralite

Wonderfull for my sore head.

George

7. halien

halien New Member

I ride a 1992 Giant Kronos updated with 105 STI and a Giant ATX840 when I hit the trail.

8. guitarplyr2080

guitarplyr2080 New Member

currently riding a mid 90's cannondale r300 2.8 all aluminum frame with low end shimano stuff. thought about rebuilding it, but decide to use to train on this winter and purchased a used Casati Monza frame. [​IMG]
    will be building it up with shimano ultegra 9 speed group...wheelset still to be decided.

9. 1x1

1x1 New Member

10. larry barr

larry barr New Member

Nice wheel choice. I have been demoing those, but beleive I will go with the Eurus instead. Awful flat around here, so I am going with the aero profile.

11. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

How do you like your Gaint Roadbike? I am looking at a Gaint right now. It is the black & grey one, sorry forgot model. Would make a great training bike. Just know little about them.......

Memph

12. glennjd

glennjd New Member

I built my bike on a Nashbar 7005 aluminum frame, shimano 105 components, mavic MA3 rims. It's sitting right here by me in the office waiting for the 40 mile ride home tonight. I get about 700 miles a month.

13. larry barr

larry barr New Member

You are my hero.:)

14. lokstah

lokstah New Member

I've got a Giant; fantastic value. Stiff, sprightly, sturdy. Do you know if the model you're looking at belongs to the TRC or OCR line? The OCRs are designated as more of a recreational model; the TCRs are a bit more race oriented. You'll get much more for your buck overall if you're interested in springing for a TCR; they make everything from a $1400 105 speedster to some beautiful full carbon Record models.

They also make an OCR model in 105, but the comparable TCR is niftier and much lighter.

Anyways, good luck!

15. dgangi

dgangi New Member

I just bought a brand new 2003 Fuji Team. It's a sweet bike -- full Ultegra components (drivetrain, brakes, cassette), aluminum "Fusion X" frame, Ritchey Aero Pro wheelset and hubs, Ritchey WCS crankset, and Ritchey Pro stem, handlebars, and seatpost. Stock bike weighs only 16.7 pounds!

I paid only $995 for this bike at a local bike shop that was clearing out the '03 models. For that price I think I got a fantastic deal!

The paint scheme was initially too "racer boy" for my tastes, but now it is growing on me.

What do you guys think?

Thx...Doug

16. fuelrider

fuelrider New Member

Admit it, Doug, you are "racer boy."

17. sizkokid

sizkokid New Member

Hey Doug, forget the bike, what a nice house in the background!

Well I ride a Basso Ascot that I've owned since 1990. Cost me $1,600 back then. Frame: Steel (Columbus MS Tubing), Group: Shimano 600 Ultegra, Rims: Mavic GP-4 (Tubular), Vuelta Stylus (clinchers w/Vittoria 700x23C tires). Just upgraded to STI Shimano 105 Brake/shift levers. The bike still does it's job but I want te move on to Aluminum or Carbon fiber, at 185 lbs a wonder if these frames are well suited for me, riding very rough roads.

FKidd

18. Memphmann

Memphmann New Member

Most of the week-end riders who spend thousands of dollars on carbon or aluminium frames are much heavier then you. So can not see a problem for you. Just go to a knowledgeable bike shop or two and see what they say......

Memph

19. dgangi

dgangi New Member

Yeah, I guess there is no denying the fact. I now have to live up to the racer-boy bike and ride it like the wind. I don't want to be one of "those guys" who spend money on a nice bike and lolly-gag around on it once a season!

Thx...DOug

20. kelly223us

kelly223us New Member

I ride a Felt 50........Great bike. I don't see many post about Felt bikes......Does anyone here have one??