Your Ride!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Guest, Aug 31, 2001.

1. Mark Andrews

Mark Andrews New Member

The CYTEK has CYTEK carbon forks with alloy/steel steerer...

2. Mark Andrews

Mark Andrews New Member

I forgot, I also have LOOK a5.1 pedals and use Sidi iron shoes.

3. Patsplace

Patsplace New Member

I have two. My old pal, a kuwahara Eclipse, XT upgrades and soon to have fat & smooth road tires and my new Balfa 2 Step factory spec'd. duallie. Way kewl bike. Everybody should have one. Made in Canada too.
    Pat :D

4. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I'm contemplating a new investment (roadbike).
    Shouldn't have gone in to this thread - cause I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BUY !!!!!!!!!
    TOO MANY GOOD REPORTS FOR TOO MANY MACHINES !?!?

5. Patsplace

Patsplace New Member

Can you imagine the total value of the rides that are shown on this list. I don't mean the emotional value, I mean the dollar value. Emotionally.....Priceless.
    Pat

6. jmandrews

jmandrews New Member

2004 Stumpjumper FSR Comp + Easton Monkeylite XC bars

7. bwilkes

bwilkes New Member

I ride a Marin Redwood hybrid, with everything Shimano. I do a lot of trails, so the hybrid works great. With 700 x 38 semi-nobbies I don't worry about the dirt but they still roll good on pavement.
    I looking to buy a Graint OCR Touring, as soon as I scrape up the money.

8. findfix

findfix New Member

9. rmoonau

rmoonau New Member

We Aussies, like Giant bikes mainly, with a smattering of top end machinery, if one can afford it :)
    This is my racing bike.
    This is my training bike.
    This is my mountain bike.

10. dunflying

dunflying New Member

11. james Haury

james Haury New Member

Who rides a folder or a bmx converted for road use or small wheeled non folding. What brand how do you like it? What do you like about it, where have you gone with it,I.E how far, any Mods? James H Haury. USA

12. blacksquid

blacksquid New Member

Just getting back into cycling & picked up a 58cm Fuji Team 2003.

1. Shimano Ultegra drivetrain (9-speed cassette, front/read deraileurs, shift/brake levers).
    2. Ritchey Pro crankset (double), Pro Cockpit (bars stem & seatpost), Pro Aero wheels and Pro V3 mountain pedals (road shoes are just butt ugly)
    3. Very light at ~16.6 lbs

13. billym99

billym99 New Member

Hey everyone!! I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. My ride is a:

2002 Bianchi Giro (full 105 group)
    Just added Shimano R600 Pedals

Other then that, all stock. Hopefully soon I'll have the $$$ to add a new seat post and saddle, stock is a little on the uncomfortable side after about 30 miles.

14. jmeloy

jmeloy New Member

Two choices now....

my 1971 Motobecane with Campy Nuevo Record or my new Tommaso ACFI with Shimano 105. Very different rides but I was worried that the ACFI would have a harsh ride but with carbon fork and seat stays it is very smooth!
    -Jeff

15. johncc48

johncc48 New Member

I bought a Mercier 1000 miles ago and it rides like a lovely steel bike. Just like the Peugeot that I put 20,000 miles on in the 70's. Now I'm old and still love the steelies but the 9sp Campy Mirage gruppo and Velomax Orion II wheelsets have made the bike a dream. John

16. ikayak

ikayak New Member

Looks like we just about match!! My most ridden is my R-40, my second is my GF Tassajara and my third is my Trek 712. Do you check into bentrideronline.com??

17. glynrd

glynrd New Member

Yea, I believe Robert Millar, now writing for Cyclesport, has given it great marks when he reviewed it. If you can't trust an ex-pro, who can you trust? :)

18. soneca2

soneca2 New Member

Live in Brazil. Ride an old Tange, 2.03 kgs, with Dura Ace Ex, 1981, 12 gears, 9.6 kg. Decided to change after so many years. Klaus Poloni (probably the only independent frame builder in the country) is preparing for me a classic Reynolds Crom Moly (approx. 1.8 kg), with a mixture of Shimano Ultegra and Dura Ace parts, depending on the best price/weight ratio. Wheels, Nissin Sluli Tubulars 1977, 36 holes (new! believe it or not), 325 gr, and DB 1.8/2.0 DB spokes (bad roads), Tubulars Tufo S33 from Chech Republic, 260 gr. All the parts bought through e-bay in USA and Europe. This fantastic bastard will only weigh 8.9 kg, but will surely defy the worst road easily.

For info. In Brazil Caloi dominates the market, but many foreign brands are getting into the growing market: Airborne, Giant, Cannondale, Scott, Trek, Look, are some.

19. Fixey

Fixey New Member

Carbon Giant, Utegra gears, Perfer Campag but price was prohibitive. as of today, Topolino wheels go with it :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

20. ralba

ralba New Member

I actually have an ideal racing bike - a Tsunami sold at chucksbikes.com for 242 with headset, carbon fork and shipping built up with DA and some fancy wheels. The whole ride cost 1200 bucks if that...

Ray