Your Ride!

I have two. My old pal, a kuwahara Eclipse, XT upgrades and soon to have fat & smooth road tires and my new Balfa 2 Step factory spec'd. duallie. Way kewl bike. Everybody should have one. Made in Canada too.
Pat :D

I'm contemplating a new investment (roadbike).
Shouldn't have gone in to this thread - cause I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BUY !!!!!!!!!
TOO MANY GOOD REPORTS FOR TOO MANY MACHINES !?!?

Can you imagine the total value of the rides that are shown on this list. I don't mean the emotional value, I mean the dollar value. Emotionally.....Priceless.
Pat

I ride a Marin Redwood hybrid, with everything Shimano. I do a lot of trails, so the hybrid works great. With 700 x 38 semi-nobbies I don't worry about the dirt but they still roll good on pavement.
I looking to buy a Graint OCR Touring, as soon as I scrape up the money.

Originally posted by Gilders
Giant OCR1 Triple (hah! bad habit-inducing for me!), now fitted with Shimano RH540 wheels, ITM Millenium seatpost and Bodyfit Viper saddle. Nothing incredibly special compared to what I've seen out there (and on here) but personally think it's a great ride and suits my needs perfectly

:cool: OCR's rock (thats probably cos I aint rode anything else though) was thinking about TCR2, but when you weigh 85kgs a couple of kg on the weight of the bike aint going to make a big difference in the overall picture

Originally posted by BMAFG
03 Bianchi Eros

New to cycling. Rode quite a few bikes before I chose. At the $750 I paid for it nothing came close for me.

Balding Middle Aged Fat Guy

Who rides a folder or a bmx converted for road use or small wheeled non folding. What brand how do you like it? What do you like about it, where have you gone with it,I.E how far, any Mods? James H Haury. USA

Just getting back into cycling & picked up a 58cm Fuji Team 2003.

1. Shimano Ultegra drivetrain (9-speed cassette, front/read deraileurs, shift/brake levers).
2. Ritchey Pro crankset (double), Pro Cockpit (bars stem & seatpost), Pro Aero wheels and Pro V3 mountain pedals (road shoes are just butt ugly)
3. Very light at ~16.6 lbs

Hey everyone!! I'm new here and just wanted to say hi. My ride is a:

2002 Bianchi Giro (full 105 group)
Just added Shimano R600 Pedals

Other then that, all stock. Hopefully soon I'll have the $$$ to add a new seat post and saddle, stock is a little on the uncomfortable side after about 30 miles.

Two choices now....

my 1971 Motobecane with Campy Nuevo Record or my new Tommaso ACFI with Shimano 105. Very different rides but I was worried that the ACFI would have a harsh ride but with carbon fork and seat stays it is very smooth!
-Jeff

I bought a Mercier 1000 miles ago and it rides like a lovely steel bike. Just like the Peugeot that I put 20,000 miles on in the 70's. Now I'm old and still love the steelies but the 9sp Campy Mirage gruppo and Velomax Orion II wheelsets have made the bike a dream. John

Originally posted by t45cal
I have three bikes at the moment. An old modified 10 speed raleigh road bike, I put index shifting and a 6 gear corncob on the rear wheel. Bike #2 is a Gary Fisher mountian bike, and the most riden is a Vision VR40 recumbent.

bentrider

Looks like we just about match!! My most ridden is my R-40, my second is my GF Tassajara and my third is my Trek 712. Do you check into bentrideronline.com??

Originally posted by Guest
Have any of you ever heard of a bike called principia its from demark and its the best bike in the world according to some experts. There top model is the lightest frame in the world.

Yea, I believe Robert Millar, now writing for Cyclesport, has given it great marks when he reviewed it. If you can't trust an ex-pro, who can you trust? :)

Live in Brazil. Ride an old Tange, 2.03 kgs, with Dura Ace Ex, 1981, 12 gears, 9.6 kg. Decided to change after so many years. Klaus Poloni (probably the only independent frame builder in the country) is preparing for me a classic Reynolds Crom Moly (approx. 1.8 kg), with a mixture of Shimano Ultegra and Dura Ace parts, depending on the best price/weight ratio. Wheels, Nissin Sluli Tubulars 1977, 36 holes (new! believe it or not), 325 gr, and DB 1.8/2.0 DB spokes (bad roads), Tubulars Tufo S33 from Chech Republic, 260 gr. All the parts bought through e-bay in USA and Europe. This fantastic ******* will only weigh 8.9 kg, but will surely defy the worst road easily.

For info. In Brazil Caloi dominates the market, but many foreign brands are getting into the growing market: Airborne, Giant, Cannondale, Scott, Trek, Look, are some.

Carbon Giant, Utegra gears, Perfer Campag but price was prohibitive. as of today, Topolino wheels go with it :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I actually have an ideal racing bike - a Tsunami sold at chucksbikes.com for 242 with headset, carbon fork and shipping built up with DA and some fancy wheels. The whole ride cost 1200 bucks if that...

Ray

Originally posted by Guest
What sort of bike does everyone here ride?

regards,
sr