Your Ride!

53-11 said:
I believe it is either a XL (58cm) or a XXL (61cm).

It's not really a big deal.

I'm just sharing an observation I made with myself about straight clamp seatposts and forward seats. that bike also has a fairly steep seat tube angle.

Steep seat tube angle+ straight clamp (as opposed to set-back seatpost ) + forward seat= reduces distance to pedals. Compensate by jacking seat up.

If that bike was a 58cm I could ride it like that and I'm only 6'2" tall. In fact that's how I'd set mine up with a 180mm crank.

If it's a 61cm the guy is probably very tall, no doubt.

BTE here´s the ye olde work horse with setback a classic geometry but with the same measurements in saddle height, drop and same toptube+stemlenght. Shows how a compact looks bigger no?

Guest said:
Thats a damn nice bike Vo2 *:)

Are you happy with the Campy Mirage groupset?

I've found the shimano stuff to be pretty ****, if your doing 5-600km a week dont expect shimano leavers to last anymore than a few months, both dura-ace cranks ended up with big cracks in them. *:mad: *My hubs make strange noises and dont spin very smooth. I'd never buy shimano again, mind you i've only ever owned the 8sp version.

whatever happened to sachs (spelling?) several years ago i meet some guys from belgium who used sachs gear. apparently it was almost as good as record but alot cheaper.

Cheers!
I'm not positive but I think that it's now SRAM. Can anyone confirm this?

p38lightning said:
I'm not positive but I think that it's now SRAM. Can anyone confirm this?
SRAM owns (or is in the process thereof) the following brands:
Avid
Holzfeller
Rockshox
Sachs
SRAM
Truvativ

The old parent company (ZF) also references:

B&K Bicycle Co.
4298 Mayfield Rd.
South Euclid, OH U.S.
Phn :216-382-9966

for Sachs components for some reason

mrowkoob said:
BTE here´s the ye olde work horse with setback a classic geometry but with the same measurements in saddle height, drop and same toptube+stemlenght. Shows how a compact looks bigger no?
We didn't see a picture of your old workhorse, but yeah you're right.

Pretty much there are only a few dimensions to worry about...

1. Saddle height and fore/aft position relative to BB
2. Cockpit length (handlebar reach, stem, top tube length to saddle tip)
3. drop to bars (handlebar height)

My ride is a '03 Basso Coral with the '04 Veloce 9s group, Handbuilt wheels: the Veloce hubs laced into Fir net97 rims, FSA OrbitX headset, 3ttt bars&stem (BTW I love these 46cm bars- far more comfortable than the 42's I used to ride), American Classic post and Selle San Marco Ozono Race Gel saddle. Its a sweet ride and I can spend all day on it! I just wish I was able to:D

Here is my new ride:

2004 Lemond Tourmalet 57cm
Stock except for Vuelta Typhoon clipless pedals and Trek Incite 9i computer
105 front/Ultegra rear. Triple (I'm an old fart)
New old stock, purchased for $850.00

I just love it.

1974 Motobecane Grand Record,full NR CAMPY,1985 Trek #620,stock except for Bullseye Hubs,Delta Headset, 1987 Trek #520,full NR CAMPY, All have Brooks B-17 saddles,1988 Puegot mixte,Newer crank,alloy wheels,NR front changer and Huret Challenger rear. Enough Campy to last till I check in Nursing home!!

I have been riding a Cannondale racer and I have a cannondale H300 dirt bike that I ride off road. Due to the fact that I hate my hands going numb and other things that you all are familiar with, I didn't ride much last year.

Yesterday I found myself in Hastings Mi at the WizWheelz factory. I rode the TerraTrike TT 3.6 around the parking lot a few times. What a ride!That machine is something else. So I'll probably make the switch and get one of those. I have my two cannondale's and my wife won't ride anymore, so I'll be selling her H300 also.
That WizWheelz makes a mean trike. It's a super machine and really made to last. That will be my next ride. :)

Guest said:
What sort of bike does everyone here ride?

regards,
sr

Trek 5200 on my computrainer,
Trek Madone 5.9, for training, racing.
Trek Equinox-11 on Zipp 909's (just got it). Gonna ride it tomorrow for the first time. WHOHOOOOO :D

Yes, Bianchi's rule the road!! GREAT BIKE! I am bias -- built-up a light weight Bianchi Celeste Italian Steel frame with full Campy Carbon Chorus Group and Topolino wheelset! A sweet ride.

to commute around the city (SF) i ride an oooold Shogun,old steel frame, friction shifters. It is my baby, i love it more than any other bike, and i ride it every where i go instead of driving a car (i dont have or want my license)...

BUT...i have been getting more into going on long fast rides and just bought a Specialized Vita multisport. It has an aluminum frame, shimano 105s...its super light...it is really fun and fast to ride, and i just replaced the pedals with clipless, which are awesome (speedplay something or other)....

ALAS...i will always love my shogun the most (first road bike has sentimental value i guess)

taliya

Guest said:
What sort of bike does everyone here ride?

regards

I am currently riding a Colnago Master Olympic with Mavic Krysium SL Wheels. I am currently building my dream time trial bike. Colnago Oval Krono, with Zipp 808 wheels and a carbon Mavic Comete as a back up for flat courses. Ready to fly like the wind!!

poopsik

When I was a student (way back in the 80's) I bought a Shogun Selectra just to get around and to ride for fun. This bike pretty much stayed with me when I started racing and I even took what I could off it when the frame was completely bent in an unfortunate incident with a car in 1994. After kids, it was hung up in the garage for several year, until I got back on and started to get fit. I loved riding that bike...

Right up until 6 weeks ago, when I got my Specialized WSD Dolce Elite. Like landing on another planet, and other than tootling along the bike path with the kids, I don't think I'll ever go back.

I have an Avanti Edge Comp series lol. I started triathlons a year ago and have been clocking up 200km a week easily and not on the nicest roads. I've never once had a problem and it is my most prized possesion :D

Griffen Vulcan loaded with Dura Ace, carbon fiber cages, carbon fiber Profile Design bars. My 3 month old baby. Enjoy!!!

i'm rockin a 2003 GIANT OCR3 (affectionately refered to as the GIANT piece of ****. can i say **** on here? hmm...oh well...) it's all stock except for an apparently down-graded saddle (i think it's a throw pillow, re-upholstered) and a new hanger for the RD (it's for a TCR! it's got a team ONCE logo! what an upgrade!)

time to go give it some love!