Your Ride!

What Bike ? :( :'( :'( My bike as i knew it is a goner with most parts (wheels,frame,shifters,chainrings) damaged or scrached. i was wondering if anyone has advice on a good frame and its price in aus$ iv looked at the giant bikes and they look good and trek too but whats the price for just the frame?

Sorry to hear about your bike Nic. How did it happen?

I suggest you check out gvhbikes.com. They have a good selection of frames there. The Viner, particularly, is a treat to my eyes right now. Price is within my budget too....too bad I cannot justify buying a new frame right now. Oh well... :-[

BTW, can you post pics of your damaged bike? Just curious on how much it took.

Got a Cannondale BadBoyUltra which I bought last Summer. It's a great bike to use in Hong Kong.

Vo2 - thanks!

Yes it is and I am very happy with my purchase.

Perfect for the type of cycling I do and the routes available here in this 'concrete jungle'.

Road bike or Mountain Bike are just too categorised for Hong Kong.

I have a litespeed ultimate with d-ace. I just got a hold of some ksyriums this winter-can hardly wait to hit the road!

well im realy keen on the giant (i dreamt about it) dont laugh :)
in the ba mag the 2001 model was $5500 on the net on a bike shop they charge 5999 for the 2002 model.

here are the specs

Description Having almost been banned for being too good, Giants revolutionary Compact Road frame is now here to stay. Our 2002 TCR ZERO boasts a 6013 ALUXX SL smooth welded Aluminium Frame with the new intergrated Seat-Clamp to reduce drag. Add to that all the trick bits including Dura Ace Group set and the Mavic Ksyrium Wheelset this is an awsome package.
Rated: Performance
Headset: FSA 1 1/8'' A-head
Fork: Giant Carbon Aero Straight Blade w/Carbon Steerer
Frame: 6013 ALLUXX SL Aluminium Smooth Welded
FrontDerailleur: Shimano DuraAce
Stem: Giant Carbon/ Alloy 10 Degree
Sizes: Small(44) Medium (50) Large (55.5)
Colours: Black
Handlebars: Cinelli Solida Racing Bar
Tyres: Hutchinson Carbon Comp 700 x 23C
RearDerailleur: Shimano DuraAce 9 Speed
Seat-post: Giant SL Composite Aero w/Micro Adjust 27.2
BrakeLevers: Shimano DuraAce
Hubs: Mavic Ksyrium 18H Front/ 20 H Rear
Shifters: Shimano DuraAce STI 18 Speed
BottomBracket: Shimano DuraAce Cartirdge Splined
Pedals: Shimano R535 Clipless
Cassette: Shimano DuraAce 9 Speed 11-23
Grips: Cinellie Black Cork Ribbon
Brakes: Shimano DuraAce Dual Pivot Caliper
Rims: Mavic Ksyrium 18H Front / 20H Rear
Chain: Shimano DuraAce 9 Speed
Size: L(55.5) M(50) S(44)
Saddle: Selle Italia SLR XP Vanox Leather
Crankset: Shimano DuraAce 39x53

i can take of the wheels as i have will have my old wheel set restored (one wheel new one repared) shimano wh7700
so that is minus $1600, miuns seat $150 and i might go for ultegra, minus ?. so the thing should cost me around $4000 ps: i get a 10% disount from my bs too so -%10

so what do you blokes think? the 2001 version weighed 7.6kg ;D

Yep, thats an awesome bike Nic. Take it! Weird that their flagship bike also only comes in Small, Med and Large? What seat do you have? Maybe you should consider keeping the SLR that comes with the bike.

It's a pity they don't rig it with Campy components... :p ;D

Weird that their flagship bike also only comes in Small, Med and Large? What seat do you have? Maybe you should consider keeping the SLR that comes with the bike.
yes 3 frame sizes and then different sized seat posts plus seat set back and stem configs fit 90% of ppl. any way my previous frame fited and it was not custom so i should not have a problem with the giant. Well the seat i have is a Sellia italia TriMatic 2 and ill use it cause i like it and to save money ;D. i still haven heard from the insurace company so its all my own dough for now. how heavy is your bianchy? my this bike is 7.25 kg without pedals ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D im goin to the bs tomorrow ;). Ps it said in a review on cyclenews that this bike is best for ppl under 80kg :) im lucky im only 64kg. I like the color/paint job on this bike too.

also is Dura-Ace much better than 105? easier/less frequent tuning?

It's a pity they don't rig it with Campy components...
I share the sentiment, VO2. I had a look at one at a local bike store in Jhb - I was quite impressed by the thing's weight (in the store I guessed it at around 7kg's for the Medium frame). The finishing off is also very neat (smooth welding), even compared to De Rosa's high standards set in this regard. The paintjob is also "a La De Rosa", matt Black.

Price in SA for the exact model with 2002 Ksyriums is R30,900.

Now, if only they could finish it off with a nice Campag groupset....

well i went the the bs and ordered the bike. they could not get the frame in the same color (no more stock) but im geting an exposed aluminium type color with team once decals. i cant wait. :) for the bike not the bill :(. looks like ill have too take legal advice/action to get the insurace. :mad: :mad: :mad: man i hope it works out.

The Team ONCE colours are cool!

FRAME%20TCR%20ONCE%20TEAM.jpg

Whats the hang-up with the insurance co?

well i sent the person who crashed into me the quotes for the bike and a letter for the person to forward to their insurance co but i had not heard back from the person or their insurace co. i then rang them up to ask what they had done regarding claiming from their insurance co but the person said "i cant talk to you" as soon as i said my name and hanged up . so it looks like ill have to seek some legal advice :mad: :mad: :mad: :( it sucks. so much for getting it easily resolved.

Nic

There's nothing like an elusive *******. You hang in there. Similar thing happened to a good mate of mine. It took some time to get the money out of the other party. He got legal advice and succeed. The half wit who hit my mate wanted to argue over all replacement costs. Couldn't understand why a $200+ helmet was required when there were helmets for $20 and $30!!!!!

Anyway he got a good bike and other bits out of it. 8)

Finally, some pics of my bike :) The frame was built locally (Tange steel according to a friend). My LBS showed me a Colnago catalogue and asked me to pick out a paint scheme from there. So I ended up with a badly painted false Colnago. It's built with Shimano 105, Mavic OPs (36 spoke 3 cross), PD-5500 pedals, 3T Prima 220 bar, and Cinelli Oyster stem.

raymond3.jpg

raymond2.jpg

For those who don't know how to post an image, heres how its done  ;D

1) click on the 'insert image' button
img.gif

2) The following code is inserted into the window where your typing the message
Code:
 [img]URL[/img]

Replace the 'URL' bit with the url to your image/photo;
eg. http://www.cyclingforums.com/my-photo/my-file.jpg

You should now have the following;

Code:
 [img]http://www.cyclingforums.com/my-photo/my-file.jpg[/img]

I really need to update those help files  :-[

cheers!

Thanks Steve, Man, my problem is that i'm a farm boy in town and is "technically challenged". Now you are going to see pictures popping up. Where is Elsa, old timer, Big-H etc. and the other "old hands" . No reason now for not placing a pic.