Your Ride!

Here's a pic of Pothole's bike! Give us the specs Pothole!

Not any fency stuff on the bike. 105 shimano's 9spd, Carbon fibre seatpost and ITM Big One Stem and handle bar and a carbon fibre fork. I will also suggest that when deciding on changing a seat for a "softer" ride, first look at the seatpost. Carbon Fibre seatpost (not the ITM ones) will cost you around R600 upwards. It deffinatly make a huge difference, not on weight but the "easy on the bum" issue.

Altwegg buddy, do you suffer from shoulder ache after a long ride?

Altwegg buddy, do you suffer from shoulder ache after a long ride?

No shoulder aches yet. Although, my hands hurt after quite awhile. I assume it is because my saddle is tilted a tad bit too much?

Nicholas, your bike looks whacked! Hope you were at least able to salvage the frame. It looks good, judging from the pictures.

I just replaced my Concorde Millenium (Campy Mirage) with a Cannondale CAAD4 (SH 105). It's like I've upgraded from an old beetle to a Ferrari F60. Actually it will be ridiculous to compare the two. I know this forum is Campy Crazy but "LONG LIVE SHIMANO".

Hou aan trap!

well i got my bike yesterday and gave it a 60k test ride today. it is excellent. it feels great at speed increases and climing efforts and iv still got a nee nigle i cant wait till im all better ;) as am the holdback not the bike ;D it is about 8kg though as iv got heavier clips/stem/seatpost at the moment. so if i get lighter ones it would be around 7.6. its great to have a bike though and ill post a pic as soon as the forum 'attach feature'works. the doctor said my knee might take 4-8 weeks to fully heal :mad:. Im no ulrich but i know how he feels.

:) Thought I'd add my post, now that I've spotted this subject...

Seems I've a popular bike, in that my post is the first one to echo what someone else has : I have the same bike as "ACID", which is a .......

GIANT OCR 3

It's served me very well, and the only change I've had to make on it was the original saddle it came with ;D
I've done more than 6500km on it, and have had to re-spoke the one wheel, but otherwise, it's taking me places as I become stronger and faster! I still believe it's the LEGS that do the work! ;)

hey steve the post feature still does not work :( can i send you the pic of my new bike to put on this site? ???. The bike looks awsome and its great too. cant wait till im good enough to race on it :).

ATT: GearGrinder
I know how you feel. I hurt my knee during a race in Feb. I did not fall or anything, It just started aching. Anyway, I got my new bike two weeks ago and only been on its once for a 10k ride. I'm undergoing biokenetic (how ever you spell that) therapy at the moment and can't wait to put my handlebar honey through her paces. Another 5-7 weeks apparently. DAMN!!!!

yeah it sucks hey mapara. i had the crash about 6 weeks ago i think. I can ride my bike just not hard or too long. only 1 knee to heal the other is perfect now. Its amazing the withdrawl symtyms you get. i am truely adicted to cycling thats for sure ;D ;D. So whats your new bike?

My new baby is a Cannondale CAAD 4 in Saeco colours and 105. What a beaut.

I know I've posted here before, but I got to show off a bit. I ride a Bianchi Gold Race 200, but recently I put a carbon fork (MAJOR diff from the old steel one) :D on and I had to put a new rear deraileur on. I had Campag Veloce fitted and, just to add to my financial woes, had the shifters put on as well. Nice touch now, my bike feels and looks much better.

I must add to your comment on the fork. I had a straight blade alu fork on my previous bike, a Concorde, and I could feel every bump and it actualy tired me out on long rides. Jus hope the Slice carbon fork on the C'dale solves the problem. Everybody says it will, so I very confident.

bike.jpg

heres my new bike. Notice the seat post clamp is internal ;D
what do you think 8) ???

Hiya Guys,

My baby is a Sintesi Nyx with Campagnolo Centaur 10spd groupset. Cane Creek headset and XSIV stem, handlebars and setpost AND . . .a nice set of Mavic Ksyriums.

Don't have a picture yet, but will get one soon