Your Ride!

Hiya Guys,

My baby is a Sintesi Nyx with Campagnolo Centaur 10spd groupset.  Cane Creek headset and XSIV stem, handlebars and setpost AND . . .a nice set of Mavic Ksyriums.

Don't have a picture yet, but will get one soon

Are you happy with the Centaur group set? I'm thinking of buying one for my bike very soon

I love the groupset. I bought the bike late last year (November) and I have done 4000kms since then. It's due for a service now (purely because I decided to service the bike every 4000kms) but it has not given me an ounce of trouble. Shifting is sharp and I have never had any problems.
A training partner also has a Sintesi with the Centaur groupset but has found his groupset a little temperamental. I know he has fiddled around with the settings and I have not so I presume that it depends on your dealer setting it up probably.

I remember waiting for the bike while it was being set up. They spent about 20mins fine tuning the changing and I'm really glad they did. Make sure that the guys know the Campag groupsets to avoid the little irritations.

I now swear by Campag and wont go back to Shimano in a hurry. Although the Shimano is a smoother feeling action, the Campag is more mechanical and feels more precise to me.

I definately recommend the Centaur Groupset.

I have a 52 tooth big chain ring and a 12 tooth rear sprocket (on my training wheels (Mavic CXP33) and an 11 tooth sprocket on the Ksyriums so the gearing is fast. (Max speed so far for me is 93km/h)

NICE!! :thumbsup: Must say that you should lock the thing away GG, it might disappear.

well part of the brake wire,guide holder on the front tube of my bike just fell off. i just noticed it when i was putting it away. part of it was laying on the floor. im realy ****** off now thats for sure. ill have to get it sent in to be fixed. so no more biking for me again for any goodness knows how many more weeks. Ill really be a slow snail when i get it back
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Concorde Tornado with Shimano Ultergra,Campy rims and Look PP206 pedals 8)
This is the closest pic I could find, mine is blue and doesn't have a Carbon Fork

falzarego.jpg

I saw Goat's new bike on Saturday and took it for a spin. I am amazed at how light the bike is. For what he paid and what he got, he picked up a real bargain!
There is no escape now, the 94.7 is laying and waiting for my friend the Goat. :-X ;D

smhair1.gif
smhair1.gif
Guess we'll see then if I have what it takes to become a Roadie ;)

Merida Magnesium 907 - Ultegra, Ritchey bits :p. Nice and light at 8.5kg complete.<br /><br />Anyone else ride a Merida?

Try that again...<br /><br /><br /><br /><br />
MAG90718.jpg
<br /><br />(sometimes helps to RTFM) ;D

I dont know if i told you but i did get my Giant replaced a while ago after waiting for a long time. They could not get the same frame so i Got a 2003 frame instead a ONCE TEAM ISSUE :) its yellow ill post a pic soon. :)<br /><br />Itsop nice looking bike.

heres my bike. shimano 105 blah blah blah blah blah half a year blah blah old, about 700 blah blah blah 1000 k on it...

hey rv,<br /><br />Nice bike, whats that thing weigh?<br /><br />cheers!

I really don't know as I've never weighed it. I know what some of the pieces weigh, but not the whole thing. frame is 3.2 pounds, that wheelset is 1685 grams, zepp stem is 130g, dura ace cassette is 174g, salasa ti skewers are 84g. the heavy part is the ultegra triple group (didn't make a dura ace triple when I bought it). I drag the triple around all year and only use the 30 tooth ring a few days. but like you may have just seen in the vuelta, it is sometimes a lifesaver. all in all, I'd say around 20 pounds. heavy by today's lightweight aluminum standards, but its ti and rides so much better.

1982 Gios Super Record, with SR gruppo virtually intact. Campy &quot;LookslikeLooks&quot; pedals and Rolls saddle. 7spd cluster. Campy Omega V 32H and Hutchinson Excel 700x23. A Sunday morning classic kind of bike. <br /><br />1997 Lejeune Reynolds 753, Ultegra STI group 8spd, VP SPD-type pedals, San Marco Squadra HDP saddle (hmmm... maybe I'll try that Fizik again), 36H Campy Atlanta 96 wheels, Hutchinson Excel 700x23. One for the Sub-3 Argus... pity that the only way this bike will achieve a Sub 3 in my ownership is in the back of the car as I drive the route. <br /><br />Faithful Hansom Super Prestige (date uncertain) Shimano 600 8sp (DT shifters) that carried me many thousands of ks.<br /><br />The above costing, in total, about half the price of the average entry level road racer. Having other hobbies means never having to buy new. Or was that &quot;never being able to buy new?&quot;<br /><br />

Hi, looking at the Litespeed pic, I wonder if the handle bars is not to high. I also think that the sti's is to high (mounted) on the handlebar and you would not be able to nicely "lie" down holding onto them, when in full flight. And chuck away the small front blade and tube valve caps. ;D ;D