Your Ride!

baker3 said:
All you guys ride old bikes :D I commute on the latest model Explorer Folding Bike. I race on an 09 cervelo R3, they're a lot newer than anything you all ride.

How come you only have pics pulled off the internet ? :D

Show me a real pic... :D

2007 Specialized Roubaix Pro frame, 53/39 all Durace' except for Sram 11/28 cassette, negative gravity brakes, Barmac one piece bar, two sets of rims Fulcrum racing ones, and Hed Jet 50 aero rims, Garmin Edge 305 Michelin Pro Race 3 tires, all RED of course.

I like to ride bicycle the best and I am really fond of riding any 2-wheelers.

I am fond of cycling the most.

My main everyday bike is my 2013 Lynskey Peloton with 105 except for Ultegra rear derailleur.
My next most ridden bike is a 85 Schwinn Le Tour Luxe with friction Suntour Mountech I use to do so far just weekend tours.
My other bikes are a 07 Mercian Vincitore Special with Campy Athena; 97 Kona Lava Dome with Deore; a 88 Miyata 712 with 105 SIS; 87 Miyata Team with Dura Ace SIS; 87 Giant Rincon with XT; 84 Fuji Club with Suntour ARX; 84 Trek 660 with Suntour Superbe (was my main bike before I got the Lynskey); and a 83 Schwinn Voyager with Deore.

I live in Fort Wayne Indiana, anything about what I do for living or my name is private.

Mine is just a generic GT Outpost Trailer. Don't even know what year it was made in. All I know that its a mountain bike and it has a 24 gear system on it. It's pretty good for off roading and stuff, but I just want to stick to road biking for now hence why I really want to get the Specialized Allez soon.

I need to cut back on the number of bikes we have in this house. We currently have 8 between 2 people and storing them is rather difficult.

So, what do we have.

Well we have 2 bog standard bottom of the range mountain bikes which we used to take on trails (red and black runs until I hurt my back recently in an related to cycling incident). They are more than adequate for what we do with them, often taking them with panniers on red and black runs (that is great fun watching people's faces - its usually the ones all kitted out in body armour that give the best responses! Sorry I know I am cruel, but it is your skill level that counts not your bike most of the time.) They are both Spech Rockhoppers. One is an SL Comp and the other I can't remember off the top of my head now!

We have 3 road bikes. A very basic entry level bike and 2 mid level entry bikes. 1 of each probably needs selling but we are leaving that for the time being. I have a Fuji Finest C1.1 (women's) road bike which I really love. I already had some upgraded wheels, so I simply took those over to it and added some cross-levers for my preference.

Then we have 2 off road touring bikes or expedition bikes. These are the bikes we went off around the world on. They are kitted out with Rohloff hubs and dynamos and are wonderful to ride. The moment you set off on them you know they are quality kit. They were custom built for us because I have had hand/wrist issues and we toured on our old mountain bikes initially but a 2 week tour left me with a numb left little figure for the best part of 6 months and even my husband had numbness and grip issues, so we decided custom built to us was the way to go for a world tour. it worked. We had very few issues with our hands!

And then I have a recumbent trike - that is the latest addition to the flock... a custom build because I decided to use my Rohloff hub and 26" wheel from my expedition bike. It is rigged in such a way that a 5 minute switch is all that is needed to put it back on my expedition bike, so nothing complicated and I get the joy of the Rohloff hub on both bikes - can't lose!

I am borrowing a friends 10 speed right now. I just haven't found the perfect bike for me, yet. I have gotten a lot of useful tips on here, so I know what I'm looking for. But it just hasn't come along yet.

N+1

aae46d0fc4598eb771ee44287e83ae3d_zpsxaz6ro4h.jpg