Your Ride!

Mines nothing special, its a 3 year old cannondale R900, it has an 8 speed ultegra groupset and mavic wheels. I've rode it twice in the last 5 months (damn work :mad: )

It did only cost me abit over $700 when new ;D Bargain of the century hey!!!

Bianchi Reparto Corse with Carbon fork, Campy Mirage 9 spd Groupie, NHT Rims and Selle Italia seat. Bike's a dream!

2001_veloce.jpg

...mine is just yellow and blue and a different colour seat.

Thats a damn nice bike Vo2  :)

Are you happy with the Campy Mirage groupset?

I've found the shimano stuff to be pretty ****, if your doing 5-600km a week dont expect shimano leavers to last anymore than a few months, both dura-ace cranks ended up with big cracks in them.  :mad:  My hubs make strange noises and dont spin very smooth. I'd never buy shimano again, mind you i've only ever owned the 8sp version.

whatever happened to sachs (spelling?) several years ago i meet some guys from belgium who used sachs gear. apparently it was almost as good as record but alot cheaper.

Cheers!

norco.jpg

This is my bike its a norco blast, shimano 105 group set, utegra crank and um thats about it , i like it :)
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Hey, thanks admin ;). I'm very happy with the bike overall. The groupset is super slick and quiet. I downloaded the groupset tuning instructions from the Bianchi website, and tuned them myself until I was absolutely 100% happy with the shifting. Although the Mirage groupset is not top of the Campy range, not even close, it definitely does not lack in quality.
I have always been a Shimano fan, but since I started shifting a Campy, there's no way I'm looking back!

I take more care of my bike than I take care of my car!  ;D

Hey Nicholas, that's not a bad looking bike you got there, buddy!
What secret potion you got in those bottles, eh? ;D

Campy rocks! no question ;D

I've got a horror Norco story that happened about 3 years ago.

later!

BTW, what bikes do the Ausies favour in general? Here in deepest, darkest South Africa the fun-riding crowds like the Trek 1000 and 1200, Omega's and Giant's. Schwinn is also starting to gain some rides.

what bikes do the Ausies favour in general?

Bikes i see people riding alot of would include
  • giant
  • cannondale
  • trek
  • colnago
  • norco
  • de rosa
  • wheeler
Theres probably more but i cant think of them now  :)

Just because it happened to me doesnt mean it will happen to you  ;)

I had 5 warranty claims in about 7-8 months. The frames just kept breaking, funny thing was it was it was always in a different place.

Once where the chain stay joins the bottom bracket
A few times on the rear drop outs, where they join the chain stay and also where the join the seat stay.
I think one also cracked when the down tube joins the head set.

Mind you we have very rough roads and I was about 74-75kg so that probably didnt help matters.

Apart from that it was as nice to ride as my Cannondale  :)

Giant CFR1 here, its old, has a carbon fibre frame and beats driving the car to work ;)

I have been on a Specialized carbon Epic for about 3 years. It is sporting Mavic, TTT, Flite, Shimano Ultegra 6500. I have put almost 9000 mile on the 6500 with out any failures at all.

Specialized equipment is good stuff! I like your setup, DRW. You sound like me: take more care of your bike than your car!
I had my van's gearbox replaced yesterday and had to fork out about A$1500 for it. I flipped and pulled my face at the price, yet I wouldn't think twice forking out A$1000 for a new Campy groupset! My wife reckons my logic is twisted. Ahhh, life is good! ;D

I have put almost 9000 mile on the 6500 with out any failures at all

Your 6500 groupset is a long way ahead of the 8sp stuff I have  ;)

Bikes - Cars hmmmm yesterday I got a quote for new tyres (car) $325 each  :mad: I'd much rather spend $1300 on some new wheels (bike) or a new frame anyday  ;D

Hi Just Wandering If any where u's live in aus and Queenslanders here? i am from qld

Hey there Nicholas, i'm from Ballarat which is one of the coldest places in vic :-[

Maybe someone should start a 'where are you from what do you do' thread in the general section?

cheers!