Your Ride!

I bought myself a Bianchi Gold Race 200 :D. Although the bike is lower down on the Bianchi range, I must confess taht it is heaven on earth after riding a Avalanche Stratus. The bike has an alloy frame, Campage Mirage grouppo, ITM stem, Look pedals and I put a Selle Italia saddle on. My bike looks like Vo2s' but there might be some diffs.

I bought myself a Bianchi Gold Race 200 :D.  Although the bike is lower down on the Bianchi range, I must confess taht it is heaven on earth after riding a Avalanche Stratus.  The bike has an alloy frame, Campage Mirage grouppo, ITM stem, Look pedals and I put a Selle Italia saddle on.  My bike looks like Vo2s' but there might be some diffs.

ahhh, another styling cyclist with exceptional taste! ;)

Great to know you think that of me Vo2. Must say that I am now a converted Campy man! After riding with Campy, I must confess that it is the best since sliced bread. And Bianchi really impressed. Compared to Treks and Giants owned by friends, I got the best deal (including the most looks from other cyclists ;D )

Well here goes:
(1) GT ZR3000 oufitted with 105 triple, Mavic cxp21, nothing special it was my first bike. The fit was awful, top tube to long (i'm all leg short body).
(2) Custom built CYFAC (Jean Delatour colours) made from Altec2 with Columbus Muscle fork. Outfitted with Campy Chorus 10sp, Mavic Open Pro, GP3000, 3T Forgie Bar and stem, and Flite saddle. Well crafted frame, spent countless e-mails getting frame size correct. A bit hard on the back after long rides (100+ miles).
(3) LOOK 231 (carbon tubed, aluminum lugs) outfitted with Campt Daytona 10sp, Velocity Aerohead rims, Michelin Axial pros,3T Forgie bar and stem,and flite transam saddle. Much softer ride, primarily for long rides but also as a backup bike for the CYFAC

I have some pictures i can scan in but not sure how to go about putting thenm in the message?

I got mine second hand: Tommasini steel frame, chromed fork and chainstay, FIR wheels, Campy Mirage groupset, 3ttt stem and bars, Brooks saddle.
The bike is a total overkill for a casual rider like me, but it's soooo beautiful. I even enjoy cleaning it after a ride.

Thanks to the Admin (steve) we can all have a drool of my CYFAC ;)
cyfac1.jpg

The groupo is Campy Chorus 10SP. I did not realize how dirty the bar tape was until i looked at the picture. Will have to use another colour next time.

My picture of the rear seatstays did not come out. The rear seatstays are triangular and have the words Columbus and Cyfac written down each side.

cyfac2.jpg

i like the seat post. :). hey is campag better than shimano ? and why?

Very, very impressed crewman! The bike looks fast!
I have the same seat, but I'm dumping it for a Selle Flite. The gel is of no use imo.

Nicholas: The seatpost is actually made by a company that makes the LOOK carbon post. I have had no problems with it and i am not the lightest guy either. As for Campy versus Shimano?, we do not want to get into that debate. I prefer Campy because of the feel and the estetics (looks real clean).

Vo2: I changed the saddle half way through the season to the
Selle Italia Flite Genuine Gel TI

Awesome bike crewman! I see that you are using a Forgie bar. Do all TTT bars (Prima 199, 220, Forgie, Zepp, Zepp XL) have the same type of ergo bend? Meaning, is their only difference in weight?

Altwegg: 3T's bars have all different types of bends. It depends on the model.
I prefer the forgie due to it's compact size. I have relatively small hands for my size. It makes it easy to squeeze the brakes while in the drops.

Here is my new Corsa, goes good, the shimano wheels feel ok, Ultegra does the job....

bikeview.asp

Hi all. New on this forum so let me let you in on what I ride.

My bike is a Colnago Carbitubo. Remember them? It was amongst the first carbon fiber bikes to be used in the tour. Has a double downtube for extra rigidity.

Anyway the bike was bought in 1992 by a friend and fellow team mate at the time, who gave up racing in 1995. I bought the bike from him in 1996 to replace my Colnago Master which was going on about 10 years. I later sold the Master but was not happy to let it go and wished that I had kept it.

Anyway I have got the Carbitubo decked out with Shimano Dura-Ace 8 speed, Cinelli bars, Selle Italia Flite saddle, Dura-Ace SPD's Campag Wheels and wireless cateye computer. It has probably around 45 000 - 50 000 kilometers on it, I didn't ride much in the last two years though. Only thing I have ever replaced are the brake pads, cables, tyres and bar tape. Otherwise nothing has been opened up yet. Things still run smoothly.

Due to the double downtube the bike is very responsive and makes for a blistering sprinter. High speed downhills are a dream and climbing is great too due to the light frame. Though the newer carbon frames are much lighter.

As the price of new bikes are way over my limit now and to replace my bike with another in the same class would cost me much more than an arm and a leg, I am content to ride this bike for many years to come. I will get a pic up here as soon as I get one taken.

Just as a matter of interest I won my first race on it in a short race here at home. It was only a 40 km race but I was not fit for the longer 90km race which was won by Robert Hunter. I still have a newspaper clipping with my win alongside Robert Hunter. Ha, little did I know that he would become South Africa's first Tour de France rider.

Can you post a scanned file of the clipping too?  ;D

Will have a look for the clip and try scan it next week. I will try get a good picture of the bike too. The one I took didn't come out right.