Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Your Supplies for a Ride

Started by Greg-O · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,895 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
12 February 2004
Last activity
20 February 2004
Original author
Greg-O
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,895
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. So what do you guys take with you on a ride? I usually take a cell phone, some money, a few basic tools, and a spare tube. I'm not quite sure why I take the tube. I have no portable pump, and no other means to inflate it.

    Anyways, what do you guys take with you, and how do you carry it? CamelPak? Backpack? One of those triangular frame bags? Maybe a saddle bag? Discuss fellas 🙂

  2. Quoted post said:

    Originally posted by Greg-O
    So what do you guys take with you on a ride? I usually take a cell phone, some money, a few basic tools, and a spare tube. I'm not quite sure why I take the tube. I have no portable pump, and no other means to inflate it.

    Anyways, what do you guys take with you, and how do you carry it? CamelPak? Backpack? One of those triangular frame bags? Maybe a saddle bag? Discuss fellas 🙂

    For me it depends on the duration of the ride...on my local loop which is about 12 km of mostly climbing, I take a bottle with Energade or Fast Fuel, and in my saddlebag I'll have a spare tube, tyre levers and keys.

    On longer rides I'll wear a Camelbak (for some reason I dislike riding with something on my back, but have little choice), and I'll carry a spare tube, levers, puncture repair kit, multitool, cell phone, energy bars, keys and some money.

    Edit: I have a double-shot frame pump on the bike all the time!

    Terry

  3. A short ride will see me with a small saddle bag with a tube, tyre levers, small multitool and a mobile phone, and maybe a mars bar or something. Small pump taped to frame and bottle of juice.

  4. My saddle pack always has: tube, patch kit, levers, chain tool, spare Power Link, multi tool, spoke wrench, and $20.00.

    My pump is mounted on mt frame. I'll use a water bottle on short rides. On long rides and I'll use my Hydra Pac & bring a couple extra spokes and nipples.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.