your thoughts on the '04 CAAD7

a1086528

Sep 17, 2004
hi guys,
i'm about lay down the cash for a '04 Cannondale CAAD7 Frame w/Si Ultra Full Carbon Forks + campy. I'm gonna take one for a test ride sometime after my uni exams, but i just wanted to know your thoughts on the ride quality, and the overall quality of the frame/fork.
any advice/knowledge would be appreciated.
MICHAEL

Cannondale is a very nice bike, but if you are in the higher age brackets of your life you will not like the all aluminum frame after several long rides (assuming not having the best road) because road vibration will eat you slowly during the rides. Yes the carbon fork will reduce some vibration at the front, but will not eliminate all. If you are racing short to mid distance Cannondale will be great, but if you are riding centuries and long tours/races look for a more comfy bike.

I have riden Cannondale and Raliegh during my cycling years and presently have a 96 Cannondale R800 with Ultegra 600 and I recently got an Orbea Liege with carbon seat/chain stays and fork/handel bar with Columbus Aluminum 6000 series and its sweat ride. The handling, acceleration, responsiveness and dampening effects from the road are great and no bike chattering when on rough roads.

I'd just give "www.roadbikereview.com" a look
have a look at the reviews of the bikes that have the caad 7 frame, there should be a fair lot of reviews

dfvcad said:
Cannondale is a very nice bike, but if you are in the higher age brackets of your life you will not like the all aluminum frame after several long rides (assuming not having the best road) because road vibration will eat you slowly during the rides. Yes the carbon fork will reduce some vibration at the front, but will not eliminate all. If you are racing short to mid distance Cannondale will be great, but if you are riding centuries and long tours/races look for a more comfy bike.

I have riden Cannondale and Raliegh during my cycling years and presently have a 96 Cannondale R800 with Ultegra 600 and I recently got an Orbea Liege with carbon seat/chain stays and fork/handel bar with Columbus Aluminum 6000 series and its sweat ride. The handling, acceleration, responsiveness and dampening effects from the road are great and no bike chattering when on rough roads.

Suggest you need to ride a CAAD7 before making sweeping generalizations about all Cannondale aluminum frames based on your old R800.