Your TT Pics

bengibbs

Dec 23, 2003
I am wanting to build a TT bike and was interested in what bikes you guys out there have. Once I have finished mine I will upload it too!

Kirkster

Jan 4, 2004
Originally posted by bengibbs
I am wanting to build a TT bike and was interested in what bikes you guys out there have. Once I have finished mine I will upload it too!

Here is one fer starters then!

Rudy

Sep 23, 2003
yea you looked stretched out. I can't tell from the pic but, are the pads behind the handlebar? is the aerobar too long?
Those factors can help to make you feel a little bit more comfortable. i.e. you may want to experiment with another aerobar/handlebar to get more comfy without changing frame.

Nice wheels though.

DRAwpt

Dec 14, 2003
I'm playing around with the position as we speak. As I need (theoretically) to remain UCI compliant, I have to keep the nose of the saddle 5 cm behind the BB. So, I cut 3 cm off the nose of the saddle (to make it slightly longer than the 24 cm UCI minimum), and shoved the seat all the way forward on the rails, leaving me 5 cm behind the BB, but a virtual 2 cm behind it.

Then, I put a negative angled stem on, lowering the bars by about 2 or 3 cm. I also put some old Profile F-19 armrests on, which have more surface area and adjustablility to place the pad slightly behind the original position ( I have the one-piece Oval aluminum bars). I will probably be shortening the extensions as well.

The position seems a bit more aero, but it will be hard to tell before getting out on the road (I'm in Montreal, Canada). Unless sponsorship inquiries come through, I won't be getting a new frame this year...

tafi

Jul 31, 2003
One thing I want to do is to get myself set up with a good TT position on my road bike (soon to be built) since i can't really afford a TT bike.
Does a more forward seat position really improve your horseower?
I know that I need to lower the stem for TTs but i might also have to get a shorter one.
I dislike the current style of aerobar which has a sharp kick up at the end, are there any less angled types around?
As flat a back as possible is probably most important but are there any other tips?
The TTs i have done have been done with my usual road seat position which is a long way back (I have long femurs but I still seem to sit a fair way back). I have never done any specific TT training but it is a discipline that I enjoy (if thats the right word!) and am relativvely good at.

DRAwpt

Dec 14, 2003
Originally posted by tafi
One thing I want to do is to get myself set up with a good TT position on my road bike (soon to be built) since i can't really afford a TT bike.
Does a more forward seat position really improve your horseower?
I know that I need to lower the stem for TTs but i might also have to get a shorter one.
I dislike the current style of aerobar which has a sharp kick up at the end, are there any less angled types around?
As flat a back as possible is probably most important but are there any other tips?
The TTs i have done have been done with my usual road seat position which is a long way back (I have long femurs but I still seem to sit a fair way back). I have never done any specific TT training but it is a discipline that I enjoy (if thats the right word!) and am relativvely good at.

I think that a forward position works better for guys with shorter femurs, generally speaking.

You might want to try the "slam position", which is talked about on John cobb's site http://www.bicyclesports.com and also on Gary Tingley's http://www.timetrial.org . Ive ridden a slam-type position before and certainly felt powerful, though I may have been lower in the front than is generally recommended. I'm going more towards steep(ish) this year for the sake of my back (rotating the road position around the BB, and keeping 90 degree angles in the right places: see slowtwitch tribike fit )