Your ultimate bike!

Eldron - Amazing, what will they think of next?
ult_detail.jpg

Those stays look very cool. Fondriest is also using hour glass stays but Cannondale started it. C'dale reckons that you do not need to make it carbon if you use the hour glass shape. By doing it this way you get more shock absorbtion and can use stays with thinner walls. I just like it because is looks radical.

Goat - Litespeed Lookout Mtn with XT kit :)

I agree, brushed titanium is absolutely amazing looking, and the carbon stays only add to it. I hope to purchase a Litespeed Ti road bike next year, although the Ghisallo or Ultimate are probably out of the question!!

ct1-lx4.jpg

this looks nice :)
ps:hey what is the difference between a normal
fram and a TT/Aero frame?

LastBoyScout - Very nice 8)

GG - The differences between road and tri/tt frames are mainly in the geometry. A tri frame is different in the following ways:
  • It has a shorter top tube, relative to the seat tube, to account for the aero position you are trying to obtain with bar extensions. A standard length top tube will leave you too stretched out and not able to develop full power and thus use of the aero bars.
  • It has steeper seat and head angles. This allows you to get your seat further over the bottom bracket and makes the bike more responsive when accelerating or when out of the saddle. It will also make it more difficult climbing, descending and in sharp corners.
  • They also have a shorter head tube, or a large vertical difference between the seat and handlebars to get lower on the aero bars.
  • They also sometimes come with aero tubes particularly in the down tube area.

I did it...I bought two dream bikes this season...My CAAD 3 was getting tired of being laughed at!

Serotta ti compact frame...3/4 white and natural finish with campy record grupo, and zipp 303 tubi's.
sweet bike...handles like a dream!

and my "baby"...

Cervelo P3 w/ zipp disc and deep dish front...it is dura-ace right now but will be switched to campy soon...I am getting tired of switiching out casettes :)

:eek:

I'm sorry, but a C'dale doesn't get laughed at, it does all the laughing. *ha ha*

Crankin - Mmmmm... Titanium, the stuff dreams are made of. You're one lucky gal, I could only dream of owning such an exotic ti specimen ;)

Speaking of ti - has anyone seen the latest bikes from Airborne? Pretty cool and a lot cheaper than most ti bikes.

Check out the The Manhattan Project at:

www.airborne.net

Trust me...If the CAAD 7 framesets were anywhere near on the horizon, I would have one. My CAAD 3 weighed in at 22 lbs though and handled rough (pre-wishbone stays). I have some really big races coming up and couldn't wait for C-Dale any longer. Besides, the old frame will make a nice cyclocross bike.

I just like having to assure the airline personnel that "yes, there Is a bike in the box" (he he)...all 16.5 lbs of it!

I haven't heard of Airborne at all. If they are too inexpensive I'd be wary. I've worked with many metals and know that the $ for a ti bike is driven by the craft it takes to work the metal not by the metal itself.

SEVEN makes a sweet custom only bike...beyond my budget.

Aireborne's, I heard, are pretty good. The reason they come out cheap is because they are solely distributed over the internet.

this is one expensive bike. its starts a $13,000 for a complet e bike. saw a version in a bike mage for $17,000. aus $ phew
Ottrottst_BG.jpg

Awesome bike...best of all, it comes with a Campy gruppo!

he he :), hey was was the shimano components threed locked?
thats not fair ;)

he he :), hey was was the shimano components threed locked?
thats not fair ;)

Nic, it was going off topic and no-one seemed to have anything more of value to add. I can unlock it if you guys feel it's neccessary. Up to you.

top of the line serotta with dura ace

or a yeti downhill bike 8)
full xtr/raceface

Originally posted by Guest
this is one expensive bike. its starts a $13,000 for a complet e bike. saw a version in a bike mage for $17,000. aus $ phew
Ottrottst_BG.jpg

the best rider on our team rides that 8)
sick bike
and he is a sick rider
ill get picks
and the dura ace group is unbelieveably light..
total it weight liek 14 lbs

Ultimate, ehh? Let's lay it on thick: How about a Titus FCR ExoGrid: built up with D/A 10, Alpha Q sub 3 fork, Easton bars and post, Chris King headset, and, for a special bit of sweetness, ADA Carbon wheels (you know, at about 955 g -- a pair!). All the bike I could never need and always want.

(And certainly never afford. Wheels alone are over $3500 US!!!)