Your ultimate bike!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Eldron, May 7, 2002.

1. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

This is old, Please Ignore

2. PeterF

PeterF New Member

Just got a Pinarello Opera (I just love steel too much) with Campy Record 10. Future upgrades to it make my ultimate bike:
    Campy Hyperion wheels
    Campy Record Carbon Canks
    (Maybe next year..)
    :cool:

3. J_Dub

J_Dub New Member

your 5'8" and only 12 you should get checked for giantitis.

4. mksalazar

mksalazar New Member

5. jbbobj

jbbobj New Member

I own my ultimate bike: Moots Vamoots SL, full DA 10 with Zipp 303's (Bontrager Areo's for training).....it is such a sweet ride.

6. El Loto

El Loto New Member

A Canondale Six13 frame with full Campagnolo Record 2005. Campagnolo 2005 Bora wheels. USE Alien Aero carbon seatpost, Fi'zi:k Arione rainbow stripes saddle. Easton EC90 Aero fork. Haven't decided on the handlebars and stem yet, maybe FSA

7. allezkmiec

allezkmiec New Member

Scott CR1 frame, ADA wheels, Tufo 165 tubulars, USE Spinstix skewers, Record carbon shifters, Schmolke carbon bars, Storck all carbon fork, Stella Azzura Viceversa Magnesium stem, Chris King titanium NoThreadset, Inferno 1-piece cassette, Wipperman titanium chain, Storck Powerarms crankset, optimized Speedplay X1 pedals, Tune carbon seatpost/saddle combo, Zero Gravity brakes, Nokon cable housing.

All told, about 14,000 dollars, and about 10.5 pounds :)

Beat that!

-Matt

8. angrydave

angrydave New Member

Dogma FP in black and red. Campy of course.
    Zipps, or Obermeyer "lightweights"

mmmmmm

9. frequentflyer

frequentflyer New Member

i'm not budging. since these are two bikes that i will obtain. i feel that these are such good ideas that if i let the cat out of the bag someone with more money than i would definatly steal them and be riding my dream bikes before me. im probably just paranoid though:confused: but if i do ever build them up i assure you that pictures will be posted up everywheres and everyone in the world will have to see them:D

10. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

Yesterday, I went to the club ride at the country club with my new Colango C50 with the spider web graphics, I love how that looks. I had to get a new rear derailluer for my Madone SSL because the one on it had a slight blemish. Tommorow, I will put my Colango on the BMW M3 and we will head to the Polar Bear Metric.

I wish:rolleyes:
    I am going to pick up a new Trek 1500 today and I will ride the Polar Bear Metric tommorow. My dream bike is a Colango C50 but its kind of expensive ($11,000)

11. Scottish Roadrunner

Scottish Roadrunner New Member

I guess I wouldn't mind a Trek madone 5.9.:D

12. Special ed

Special ed New Member

Four years ago, I was able to build my ultimate bike. Mongoose Pro Ti frame, Chris King Ti NoThreadset, Profile BRC, Dura Ace, Mavic Open Pro (for training, Kyseriums for racing), World Class BB, ITM Millenium stem, bar, seatpost, Selle Italia Ti gel Flite. With my 50cm frame it weighs about 14.5 lbs/ 6.6kilos. Four years later, I still love this machine! Oh yeah, Speedplay X1

One of these days I'll be able to build my ultimate mountain bike. A Moots YBB!

13. markhr

markhr New Member

14. FELTF10

FELTF10 New Member

I would have to say I've got mine:

FeltF10

Frame - Easton Scandium Ultra-light w/carbon seat stays and integrated head tube.

Fork - Reynold's Ouzo Pro ultra-light carbon fiber.

Components - Complete Campy Record Group w/carbon cranks and Ti cassette.

Wheelset - Campy Hyperon Tubular.

Misc. Parts - Carbon handlebar, carbon seatpost, Selle Italia SLR racing saddle w/Ti rails, Speedplay X-1 pedals and Profile carbon bottle cage.

The only thing to make it better would be if the tubulars never went flat, the water bottle never went dry of ice cold water and the parts never wore out.

Later!

15. seigneur

seigneur New Member

probably an Sworks Stumpjumper FSR120 i have the expert at the moment

16. Insight Driver

Insight Driver New Member

What I would want, money no object, drool-heavy super-lightweight bike would be a full custom Calfee Dragonfly built up with the lightest bits that are strong enough for my weight so I end up with a 14lb weight-weenie that I'll ride gingerly so I don't crash it. ;)