Your views on wind farms?

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Aled Evans, Feb 9, 2006.

  1. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Graham Seed wrote:
    >
    >> I suppose coal energy will be cheap provided we can keep children
    >> digging it for 2p a day in Zrglindvisicovia :) or :-(

    >I've got a better idea - build a load of nuclear power plants on the moon,
    >then beam the energy back through space to be picked up by huge collector
    >dishes.
    >
    >Taking this idea a step further, building a quanti-bazilli-trillion
    >wind-farms on Jupiter would provide enough energy to power the entire solar
    >system for the next 5 billion years, after which it would become a
    >mysterious planetary artefact for future alien species to discover and
    >ponder.
    >
    >Paul

    Paul, you definitely need to get put more :)

    MF 509 is looming.
    --
    Bill Grey
    http://www.billboy.co.uk

  2. W. D. Grey

    W. D. Grey Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders
    <[email protected]> writes
    >Adam Lea wrote:
    >
    >> the
    >> energy in a category 5 hurricane could supply the power needs of the
    >> US for the next 100 years.

    >That's the solution then! Cover Forida with windfarms!
    >
    >Paul

    Everyone eat less baked beans !
    --
    Bill Grey
    http://www.billboy.co.uk

  3. Mike Painter

    Mike Painter Guest

    GSV Three Minds in a Can wrote:
    > Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the wonderful
    > person Paul Saunders <[email protected]> said
    >> Graham Seed wrote:
    >>
    >>> I suppose coal energy will be cheap provided we can keep children
    >>> digging it for 2p a day in Zrglindvisicovia :) or :-(

    >> I've got a better idea - build a load of nuclear power plants on the
    >> moon, then beam the energy back through space to be picked up by
    >> huge collector dishes.

    > I doubt you can steer a Terawatt energy beam down through the
    > atmosphere with enough accuracy, and I personally wouldn't want to be
    > on the same planet as the target dish(es)!!

    It would put new meaning into the word "Oops"