You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!

cfsmtb wrote:
> I'm turning into the Susan Repp of aus.bicycle, jeez BLDR, I was at uni
> the year you were born! LOL!!!

Thatz strange, coz I was being born the year u were at uni. Isn't that
coincidence

Ok now I need to grow up. That was stupid not funny

I didn't ride yesterday morning. I had the day off! Then I got
headache and spent the rest of the day in bed :( I don't like riding i
the rain anyway. I did on Sunday in jeans off-road, very uncomfortable
eally need to invest in sum proper shorts :

-

>Originally posted by jazmo I recently had my brake pads replaced an
>now my rear rims >are stuffed. I don't don't know what brand they ar
>but they're >yellow (if that means anything). Same deal, they've bee

I don't know any yellow pads. I am most familiar with Shimano, BBB an
Koolstop pads

Shimano's cheaper pads are sh*t.. do not use them if at all possible
I'm only running them because that's what was on the brake calipers whe
fitted them and until now they haven't been a problem. They done th
same thing to me before though so I should've known

BBB make red and black pads. I don't know if they are differen
compounds or what, but they are much softer than Shimano's and don'
tend to pick up chunks of aluminium. I'm sure they stop better too. The
also only cost $5 or so if you use the replaceable pad mounts. Koolsto
last ages! work really well (tend to squeal a bit) and are mor
expensive. They are also never available in the MTB version when I'
looking for them

You could always convert to fixed.. then the rear brake wouldn't b
necessary :

hth hipp

-

hippy wrote:
>> Originally posted by jazmo I recently had my brake pads replaced and
>> now my rear rims >are stuffed. I don't don't know what brand they are
>> but they're >yellow (if that means anything). Same deal, they've been

> I don't know any yellow pads. I am most familiar with Shimano, BBB and
> Koolstop pads.

Koolstop make yellow pads

> Shimano's cheaper pads are sh*t.. do not use them if at all possible!
> I'm only running them because that's what was on the brake calipers
> when fitted them and until now they haven't been a problem. They done
> the same thing to me before though so I should've known!

But they do make a cool noise, especially when used with lx/xt/xtr brakes (no not really)

> BBB make red and black pads. I don't know if they are different
> compounds or what, but they are much softer than Shimano's and don't
> tend to pick up chunks of aluminium. I'm sure they stop better too.
> They also only cost $5 or so if you use the replaceable pad mounts.
> Koolstop last ages! work really well (tend to squeal a bit) and are
> more expensive. They are also never available in the MTB version when
> I'm looking for them!
>
> You could always convert to fixed.. then the rear brake wouldn't be
> necessary :)
>
> hth hippy

Parbs

news:[email protected]

[...]

> Shocking pads! I need to find some of those Koolstop MTB pads
> again (actually BBB are good and cheaper), hopefully BEFORE
> there's no rim left!

Abbotsford Cycles in Richmond have Koolstop brake pads. I don't remember
seeing the dual-compound (black/salmon) MTB ones but no doubt Peter would
order some in for you. He carries a lot of stuff the other bike shops tend
not to.

--

A: Top-posters.

>Originally posted by Drs Abbotsford Cycles in Richmond have Koolsto
>brake pads. I don't remember seeing the dual-compound (black/salmon
>MTB ones but no doubt Peter would order some in for you. He carries
>lot of stuff the other bike shops tend not to

I've never been there but he gets lots of good comments. I'm rarel
around that area in daylight, but if I am I'll try and visit. For som
reason my LBS can't get certain Koolstop pads. It's likely that he onl
carries old stock and once that's gone, it's all gone

cheers! hipp

-

In article <[email protected]>,
hippy <[email protected]> wrote:

> For some reason my LBS can't get certain Koolstop pads.

I was toild (by Phantom) that the local distributor of Koolstop pads had
stopped carrying the salmon ones, for reasons unknown.

-- Shane Stanley

--
Shane Stanley

"Shane Stanley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article <[email protected]>,
> hippy <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> For some reason my LBS can't get certain Koolstop pads.

> I was toild (by Phantom) that the local distributor of Koolstop pads
> had stopped carrying the salmon ones, for reasons unknown.

Aw, sheeit. That means paying for postage from the States, then.

--

A: Top-posters.

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:37:42 +1000, Parbs wrote:

>> I don't know any yellow pads. I am most familiar with Shimano, BBB and
>> Koolstop pads.

> Koolstop make yellow pads

Oooh! Oooh!

I've got these on the tandem, they're bloody fantastic.
I think they're quite soft though, and fairly expensive
(IIRC $35/pair).

Anyone know where to get them? I don;'t thinkt the
shop I got them from (cycology at Tuggerah NSW) stocks
them anymore.

-kt