You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, May 17, 2004.

  1. BLDR

    BLDR Guest

    cfsmtb wrote:
    > I'm turning into the Susan Repp of aus.bicycle, jeez BLDR, I was at uni
    > the year you were born! LOL!!!

    Thatz strange, coz I was being born the year u were at uni. Isn't that
    coincidence

    Ok now I need to grow up. That was stupid not funny

    I didn't ride yesterday morning. I had the day off! Then I got
    headache and spent the rest of the day in bed :( I don't like riding i
    the rain anyway. I did on Sunday in jeans off-road, very uncomfortable
    eally need to invest in sum proper shorts :

    -

  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by jazmo I recently had my brake pads replaced an
    >now my rear rims >are stuffed. I don't don't know what brand they ar
    >but they're >yellow (if that means anything). Same deal, they've bee

    I don't know any yellow pads. I am most familiar with Shimano, BBB an
    Koolstop pads

    Shimano's cheaper pads are sh*t.. do not use them if at all possible
    I'm only running them because that's what was on the brake calipers whe
    fitted them and until now they haven't been a problem. They done th
    same thing to me before though so I should've known

    BBB make red and black pads. I don't know if they are differen
    compounds or what, but they are much softer than Shimano's and don'
    tend to pick up chunks of aluminium. I'm sure they stop better too. The
    also only cost $5 or so if you use the replaceable pad mounts. Koolsto
    last ages! work really well (tend to squeal a bit) and are mor
    expensive. They are also never available in the MTB version when I'
    looking for them

    You could always convert to fixed.. then the rear brake wouldn't b
    necessary :

    hth hipp

    -

  3. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    hippy wrote:
    >> Originally posted by jazmo I recently had my brake pads replaced and
    >> now my rear rims >are stuffed. I don't don't know what brand they are
    >> but they're >yellow (if that means anything). Same deal, they've been

    > I don't know any yellow pads. I am most familiar with Shimano, BBB and
    > Koolstop pads.

    Koolstop make yellow pads

    > Shimano's cheaper pads are sh*t.. do not use them if at all possible!
    > I'm only running them because that's what was on the brake calipers
    > when fitted them and until now they haven't been a problem. They done
    > the same thing to me before though so I should've known!

    But they do make a cool noise, especially when used with lx/xt/xtr brakes (no not really)

    > BBB make red and black pads. I don't know if they are different
    > compounds or what, but they are much softer than Shimano's and don't
    > tend to pick up chunks of aluminium. I'm sure they stop better too.
    > They also only cost $5 or so if you use the replaceable pad mounts.
    > Koolstop last ages! work really well (tend to squeal a bit) and are
    > more expensive. They are also never available in the MTB version when
    > I'm looking for them!
    >
    > You could always convert to fixed.. then the rear brake wouldn't be
    > necessary :)
    >
    > hth hippy

    Parbs

  4. DRS

    DRS Guest

    [...]

    > Shocking pads! I need to find some of those Koolstop MTB pads
    > again (actually BBB are good and cheaper), hopefully BEFORE
    > there's no rim left!

    Abbotsford Cycles in Richmond have Koolstop brake pads. I don't remember
    seeing the dual-compound (black/salmon) MTB ones but no doubt Peter would
    order some in for you. He carries a lot of stuff the other bike shops tend
    not to.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    >Originally posted by Drs Abbotsford Cycles in Richmond have Koolsto
    >brake pads. I don't remember seeing the dual-compound (black/salmon
    >MTB ones but no doubt Peter would order some in for you. He carries
    >lot of stuff the other bike shops tend not to

    I've never been there but he gets lots of good comments. I'm rarel
    around that area in daylight, but if I am I'll try and visit. For som
    reason my LBS can't get certain Koolstop pads. It's likely that he onl
    carries old stock and once that's gone, it's all gone

    cheers! hipp

    -

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    hippy <[email protected]> wrote:

    > For some reason my LBS can't get certain Koolstop pads.

    I was toild (by Phantom) that the local distributor of Koolstop pads had
    stopped carrying the salmon ones, for reasons unknown.

    -- Shane Stanley

    --
    Shane Stanley

  7. DRS

    DRS Guest

    "Shane Stanley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > hippy <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> For some reason my LBS can't get certain Koolstop pads.

    > I was toild (by Phantom) that the local distributor of Koolstop pads
    > had stopped carrying the salmon ones, for reasons unknown.

    Aw, sheeit. That means paying for postage from the States, then.

    --

    A: Top-posters.

  8. kingsley

    kingsley Guest

    On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 19:37:42 +1000, Parbs wrote:

    >> I don't know any yellow pads. I am most familiar with Shimano, BBB and
    >> Koolstop pads.

    > Koolstop make yellow pads

    Oooh! Oooh!

    I've got these on the tandem, they're bloody fantastic.
    I think they're quite soft though, and fairly expensive
    (IIRC $35/pair).

    Anyone know where to get them? I don;'t thinkt the
    shop I got them from (cycology at Tuggerah NSW) stocks
    them anymore.

    -kt