You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!

I rode in the rain yesterday. Dropped my noob **** (noob knee actually) onto the tar for my troubles too :( All up a shoddy day's worth of cycling as I took off 5 mins after eating breakfast and was running on empty from the word go. Ouchies not withstanding, the ride home was actually a good deal more enjoyable, even though it was on the homeward leg that I got rained on. All part of the learning experience, innit? At least I didn't break up the bike.

"cfsmtb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> flyingdutch wrote:
> > Wrong!. we aint talking semantics here, Ritch. We are
> > talking 40% difference... www.bom.gov.au So all that
> > blue sky you are looking at right now is actually
> making you > very wet! You just havent caught on yet:D
>
> Radar Images, actaully it's the pink bits you've got to
> look out for,

Trust a grrl to worry about the pink bits.

--

A: Top-posters.
B: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

Someone is taking this argument a bit too seriously don't ya think? We all know that Melbourne is the best place in the world and that Syd...Syd....(what was it called again?) anyway that place that starts with an S is the...is the.... hmmmmm....what are they? Ummm.... Back too the topic at hand, Melbourne weather is not as wet as some may think. Actually I think people would hope for that much rain particularly with the catchments at 48% capacity. So BRING IT ON! The more rain the better...especially for those muddied up downhill trails. ;)

Originally posted by BLDR
Someone is taking this argument a bit too seriously don't ya think? We all know that Melbourne is the best place in the world and that Syd...Syd....(what was it called again?) anyway that place that starts with an S is the...is the.... hmmmmm....what are they?

And we all know that cfsmtb is from Melbourne too... So teasing her for being a sydney-sider when she ISN'T might be a leetle odd. ;)

just got a Netti Winterbreeze jersey to go with netti
knicks, groundeffect leggings, socks, shimano sandals,
fingerless gloves. Still warm enough for sunny Canberra -
was hot/cold in the early dark tonight. When it gets cold -
add groundeffect lucifers(extreme socks), full gloves, cap

AndreS.au ===> I ride therefore I am

Originally posted by Etxy
And we all know that cfsmtb is from Melbourne too... So teasing her for being a sydney-sider when she ISN'T might be a leetle odd. ;)

Actually I'm originally from Hobart. Rain is that stuff that hits hard horizonally. Or piddles around the Wellington Ranges all day.

Melbourne, huh? In reality, just a southern extension of the Little Desert.:D Don't even get a real frost here.

Originally posted by cfsmtb
Actually I'm originally from Hobart. Rain is that stuff that hits hard horizonally. Or piddles around the Wellington Ranges all day.

Melbourne, huh? In reality, just a southern extension of the Little Desert.:D Don't even get a real frost here.

Sorry, I meant 'lives in', not 'is from'. :cool:

I can't imagine what Tassie would be like in winter... I struggle as is to get through Melbourne winters; I have such poor circulation that it's a case of chillblains from June till October. :( So you can keep your 'real frost', thankyou, if only so I can keep my fingers. ;)

Originally posted by Etxy
Sorry, I meant 'lives in', not 'is from'. :cool:

I can't imagine what Tassie would be like in winter... I struggle as is to get through Melbourne winters; I have such poor circulation that it's a case of chillblains from June till October. :( So you can keep your 'real frost', thankyou, if only so I can keep my fingers. ;)

Bah!

You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!:D :D

Originally posted by cfsmtb
Bah!

You're all Grrrreat Beeg Naaarrrncies!:D :D

No, just me. :D (and only with 'cold', not 'wet'. See, I'm HARDCORE, I ride in the rain with gusto and glee. And that is a combination of words we don't see often enough.) ;)

Originally posted by Etxy
No, just me. :D (and only with 'cold', not 'wet'. See, I'm HARDCORE, I ride in the rain with gusto and glee. And that is a combination of words we don't see often enough.) ;)

Well who's the silly soggy moggy tonight then?! ME!
Went to find the dirt crits, got lost, found another two riders,
they were lost too, got more lost, soaked through now, asked
directions, found race, "Olli" raced, I found a stack of excuses
and watched instead, after presentation of 1st series prizes,
Doug and I left (in the freezing cold rainy stuff...), followed
him too far but eventually made it to a nice train station.. SOAKED! and scaring 'normal' people I'm sure, rode the last 6k
home.. withOUT rain!

Anyway, looked like people had a blast at the crits so I'll have
to go back and MEAN IT next time.. need another singlespeed
so I don't have to swap tyres all the time.. need to dig out my Vistalite helmet mount too.. and some clothe that don't soak through and stay sopping.. and a way to warm beer but still
have it taste nice.. I'll call it: 'ardcore Warmbutnicebrew (sounds German so it'll sell grouse to all the yuppies...)

hippy
- Of course, the only reason it rained is because I bought a mudguard the other day... and left it on the OTHER bike!! :p

Originally posted by Etxy
And we all know that cfsmtb is from Melbourne too... So teasing her for being a sydney-sider when she ISN'T might be a leetle odd. ;)

YES, WE do know she lives in Melb. YOU obviously didn't understand that I was she was takeing it too seriously and then backing Melb. up! If YOU had read the entire thread then YOU would see that it's just plain OBVIOUS that she is from Melb.
I wonder if YOU have a crush. :) j/k oh srry for the third person usage cfsmtb ;P Etxy just thinks he's king and has too keep his minions on a lower level by making them seem ignorant.

(to etxy: like too hear ur comeback this time)

GREAT! just like me to stuff up a comeback! Above it says 'YOU obviously didn't understand that I was she was takeing it too seriously' It should say 'YOU obviously didn't understand that I was saying she was takeing it too seriously' Bugger! :p

Time to fess up, 'Naaarrrncies!'

who rode this morning???

Me in utter darkness at 6:45am

little traffic but lots of garbo trucks!!!

Originally posted by flyingdutch
>who rode this morning???

haha.. ME! see other thread :)

>Me in utter darkness at 6:45am

6:45am! Whatsamatter? Need a wittle sweep in? :p

Just joking.. 6:15 departure for me - would've been earlier
but the brain was still in "OFF" mode and I kept forgetting
stuff like batteries, etc.

I've been riding more in the rain this season than before I
think. I always used to wuss out and sleep in. Maybe the mudguard made the difference?

hippy

Originally posted by flyingdutch
Time to fess up, 'Naaarrrncies!'

who rode this morning???

*proudly puffing out chest*

Yes, I did too... 8am though. Would've been 7.30 but i unlocked the bike to find what must have been a slow leak puncture in the rear wheel... dammit.

I'd agree with you hippy about mudguards though... These 'wet road but relatively dry skies' days are a lot less icky when they take the brunt of it...

(Newest 'watch out - there's a numnut behind the wheel' car from today - Porsche Cayenne)

Originally posted by hippy
6:45am! Whatsamatter? Need a wittle sweep in? :p

Just joking.. 6:15 departure for me - would've been earlier
but the brain was still in "OFF" mode and I kept forgetting
stuff like batteries, etc.

I've been riding more in the rain this season than before I
think. I always used to wuss out and sleep in. Maybe the mudguard made the difference?

hippy

usually a 7:30 departure for moi, but early morning meeting
(damn consultants:mad: ) meant it was earlier than usual for me

use them clip on/off guards which weigh nothing but make me feel slower when on. Bike got a free clean this morning tho :D

I didn't ride in this morning.

In fact, I drove in this morning.

Which reminds me. I had better go out and move my car before I get a parking ticket.

Originally posted by hippy
Originally posted by flyingdutch
>who rode this morning???

haha.. ME! see other thread :)

>Me in utter darkness at 6:45am

6:45am! Whatsamatter? Need a wittle sweep in? :p

Just joking.. 6:15 departure for me - would've been earlier
but the brain was still in "OFF" mode and I kept forgetting
stuff like batteries, etc.

I've been riding more in the rain this season than before I
think. I always used to wuss out and sleep in. Maybe the mudguard made the difference?

hippy

Try a 6.15am start here.. wet, cold and lots of grit around..
Not a fun ride at all today.
Mudguards are a must.. This little chickie does not get a brown butt for anyone..

>Originally posted by coowoowoo
>Try a 6.15am start here.. wet, cold and lots of grit around..

Which reminds me...

How **** are Shimano vee brake pads?!?!?! After tiring of the
scraping noise my rear brakes were making, I looked at the culprits and spotted a small _pile_ of aluminium filings sitting
on the brake pad!

Shocking pads! I need to find some of those Koolstop MTB pads
again (actually BBB are good and cheaper), hopefully BEFORE there's no rim left!

hippy