Yuni and Qu-ax weights

Josie

Guest
I am looking at the 20" trials Yuni with cotterless cranks
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=585

And the 20" trials Qu-ax with splined cranks
http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=795

I am wondering what their comparative weights are. The shipping for the
Qu-ax is 33$ and the shipping for the Yuni is 19$. That's a huge
difference. If that is just weight and not size the Yuni weighs 47% less
than the Qu-ax.

The other thing I am wondering about is the 125mm cranks. They look way
too short. I have rode the Qu-ax but I have never seen a Yuni. Anyone
who has rode the Yuni care to comment? How much better is the Yuni's
tire and rim?

Josie

--
Josie - 3.14159...
Josie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9306

Im supprised in such a big differnece, the yuni frame is like a brick.

Unless you only plan on doing super super light trials, get the Qu-ax.
You'll be much better off, even with the weight.

--
Catboy - I enjoy the taste of dirt!!!

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Catboy)

"I'm too sexy for the world of the living." - TheObieOne3226

6.5kg and 5.7kg according to unicycle.uk.com

The splined hub and cranks are really heavy compared to the cotterless
ones. Frame weight is so little on most unis compared to hub+cranks that
it makes not very much difference.

Joe

--
joemarshall - dumb blonde

'According to Roland at municycle.com ' (http://tinyurl.com/65s95) the
2005 Splined 20" Quax weight is 6.4Kg

Id say go with the quax,
I agree with joe that the splined are heavier than the cotterless, but
the splined/hub cranks will last a lot longer than the cotterless (if
you using it for trials/big drops).

unicycle.com still dont have a pic for the quax on their site?!?
Make shure you getting the 2005 frame as the older Quax frame was
heavier and banged your knees apparently.

Ive had the '2004 20\" splined quax with se frame'
(http://tinyurl.com/4od2s) for about 7 months now with no problems
The only other trials uni I have riden and can compare it to is the 2004
KH, and they feel much the same in weight.

I now have the 24" Quax muni and love them both!!

Shaun

Edit: if that is your uni wheel in your avatar, you shouldnt be too
concerened about weight :D

--
smdO2 - Only One But Fun
smdO2's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7369

Jim wrote:
> *Accorcing to the 'unicycle.com website' (http://tinyurl.com/64v5p) it
> weighs 8kg
>
> jim *

That's gotta be wrong. My muni doesn't weigh 17 lbs and everything on it
is like the heaviest available.

--
TheObieOne3226 - SWAT

'SWAT Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/SWAT)
'SWAT webpage' (singlewheeledattackteam.1hwy.com)
'Arrow Racing' (http://www.arrowracing.com/)
'Sixsixone' (http://www.sixsixone.com)

"Obie is definately a trend setter, I got in to unicycling because of
him, and came here because of him" - KJ-52

"try not to annoy the great Obie, for he is better than us." - Murde
Mental

*disclaimer: the above message was not intended to offend anyone. if you
are offended i can take no responsibility for my actions because i don't
feel like it. also you are reading an internet newsgroup where not
everyone will share your same views and beliefs, be able to take
criticism and post/read threads at your own risk.*

Catboy wrote:
> *Im supprised in such a big differnece, the yuni frame is like a
> brick.
> *

No, actually, the Yuni frame is rather light. it's less than the KH 04
and 03 frames. I have no idea where you got the impression of it being
heavy.

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Nick's main man.

"The genesis of genocide is like a Pagan religion; carefully hidden,
woven into the holidays of a Christian."-Immortal Technique

* I need a profile hub, any condition, as long as the splines work! (PM
me) *