    That's funny, given the vintage RBR analysis of yesterday:

    From: "ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing Sent: Saturday,
    October 04, 2003 9:20 PM Subject: Re: The Return of Der Kaiser

    > The only race Zabel wins is to the rocking chair ahead of SimpleMario. Sometimes I wonder if you
    > guys read race results five years back to talk about who's on top. So that means we can expect to
    > talk about the 2003 bike racers in the year 2008 here.

    <snip><end>

    From: "Nick Burns" <[email protected]> Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.racing Sent: Saturday,
    October 04, 2003 7:56 PM Subject: Re: The Return of Der Kaiser

    > Ya mean like this year? Vino had a great year, and Zabel did well for a guy that should be looking
    > in to retiring.

    <snip><end>

    Then there's Hansen Bro last year, with his "Zabel isn't a sprinter" take.

    That Zabel. Dude slows down just a little, then he doesn't get any respect here does he?

  3. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    > "FasTrack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Paris Tours today
    >
    > Dumbass -
    >
    > That's funny, given the vintage RBR analysis of yesterday:

    <vintage RBR analysis snipped>

    I love it when that happens :)

    Zabel is still a great sprinter, and he's got a few years left in him yet. He's certainly a lot
    younger than Cipo was last year when he won the world's. Sprinting is very close at the top.
    Petacchi has been dominant this year, but he is still beatable, and Zabel has done it a few times in
    the last month. Next year the status quo could be different, but I think Zabel will still be right
    up there no matter what. Who knows, Cipo might win a few more bouquets too...

    Jeff

  4. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    Gee, considering that others wrote him off too soon, I have to ignore that he is getting older?

  5. > Gee, considering that others wrote him off too soon, I have to ignore that he is getting older?

    Just watched (taped) the last stage of the Vuelta, where Phil, Paul or Bob mentioned Zabel had 31
    wins this year, so that makes 32. Second winningest rider of 2003. He's in his prime. Just because
    AP had a banner year is no reason to take anything away from EZ.

  6. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Richard Adams" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Gee, considering that others wrote him off too soon, I have to ignore
    that
    > > he is getting older?
    >
    > Just watched (taped) the last stage of the Vuelta, where Phil, Paul or Bob mentioned Zabel had 31
    > wins this year, so that makes 32. Second winningest rider of 2003. He's in his prime. Just because
    > AP had a banner year is no reason to take anything away from EZ.

    31? Make that 11, including Paris-Tours but not counting points jerseys or crits.

    Jeff