Zabel- Petacchi's new leadout man?

"trg" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...
> Or maybe just the guy around to pick up the table scraps that Alejet

doesn't
> want to bother to go after?

Exactly, like going to the Tour de France with gregarios even.

Bart Van Hoorebeeck wrote:

> "trg" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Or maybe just the guy around to pick up the table scraps that Alejet

> doesn't
>
>>want to bother to go after?
>>

> Exactly, like going to the Tour de France with gregarios even.

Maybe Lance will replace Al on th OLN TdF broadcast.

"So Bob, explain to me why most riders have two chainrings, but some
have three for mountain stages."

trg wrote:
> "Nev Shea" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de news:
> [email protected]...
>
>>"trg" <[email protected]> wrote in
>>news:[email protected]:
>>

>>>Or maybe just the guy around to pick up the table scraps that Alejet
>>>doesn't want to bother to go after?

>>Do you have some inside scoop that Zabel is going to Domina Vacanze? Or
>>are
>>you just being a dumbass?
>>

> If I have it, it isn't "inside". According to Het Nieuwsblad, Zabel's
> probable destination is Phonak, but he's also talking to Domina Vacanze
> along with Aldag et Schaffrath
>
> I remember reading him saying that he'd like to ride with Alan Davis, to
> impart some of his experience to him, but I doubt he'll go to Liberty since
> he doesn't speak Kazak :)

Procycling.com had it also, I believe. Apparently, there's a German
airline willing to come on as co-sponsor if Zabel goes to Domina. If he
can't come around Petacchi at the line, he might as well lead him to it.
I got the impression that he wasn't happy with the T-Mobile offer, and
that they wanted him to turn DS sooner rather than later. I have an
easier time picturing Zabel as a leadout in Italy than I do driving the
car for T-Mobile.

>Maybe Lance will replace Al on the OLN TdF broadcast.
>"So Bob, explain to me why most riders have two chainrings, but some

have three for mountain stages."

Lance would ask this because he has only one chainring for the
mountains, while the pure climbers have two, and the autobus passengers
have three.

Just like stage 20 ITT -- Lance had just one big honkin' ring in front.

-Ken