Zefal Competition or HP Pump - head removal ?

still just me

Guest
How do you take the head off on of these old boys?

Thanks,

still just me wrote:
> On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:46:13 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> with your Zéfal 350mm screwdriver:
>> http://www.yellowjersey.org/ZEFALV.JPG

> Thanks. (At least it's not a 350mm torx)

ISTR that 3/8" drive ratchet extensions fit inside the Zefal HP pump
tube, so if you've got enough extensions and a flat-end screwdriver bit,
you're in business.

Mark J.

On Mar 6, 11:07 pm, Mark <[email protected]>
wrote:
> still just me wrote:
> > On Thu, 06 Mar 2008 11:46:13 -0600, A Muzi <[email protected]>
> > wrote:

> >> with your Zéfal 350mm screwdriver:
> >>http://www.yellowjersey.org/ZEFALV.JPG

> > Thanks. (At least it's not a 350mm torx)

> ISTR that 3/8" drive ratchet extensions fit inside the Zefal HP pump
> tube, so if you've got enough extensions and a flat-end screwdriver bit,
> you're in business.
>
> Mark J.

Dear Mark,

I don't use them often, but this $6 trio of 12 to 24 inch socket
wrench extensions from Harbor Freight has been awfully useful:

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=39193

With the help of a 3/8 x 1/4 adaptor, you can combine all three into a
54-inch extension.

If no one is watching, you can also put a nail in the hollow end, hold
it in place a piece of putty, and hammer on the other end to get at
otherwise impossible carpentry problems.

Cheers,

Carl Fogel

On 2008-03-07, Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article
><[email protected]>,
> Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> still just me wrote:
>> >
>> > How do you take the head off on of these old boys?

>> http://www.fdjtool.com/store/showitem.asp?item=SH908

> Is that a sheet steel chassis?
> Anybody make that tool with a forged chassis?
> Carbon steel blades? Is that good? What is the alternative?

That machine sounds a bit weedy from the actual description. It's
moderately hard work but you can cut 1.6mm sheet steel perfectly well
with a pair of inexpensive hand-held tin-snips.