Zefal head

metropical

Jun 16, 2006
I need a new head for my Husky pump.
I'd like to get the Z-turn if it will fit.
Any idea where to order in the US?

BTW. Is it possible that you are actually looking for a SILCA pump head?

don't think so.
It's a 10 or more year old Zefal Husky pump.
The head has lost it's seal and I'm looking to replace the head.

metropical said:
don't think so.
It's a 10 or more year old Zefal Husky pump.
The head has lost it's seal and I'm looking to replace the head.
Is(n't) that Zefal Husky pump a floor pump?

Presuming, for the moment, that it is, your pump's failure may actually be due to a crack in the hose rather than a failure of the pump head.

If your pump is indeed a floor pump, then you can replace the current hose with a generic hose (e.g., clear "aquarium"-type hose that you can buy at HOME DEPOT ... at least, in my neck of the woods ... the clear hose was/(is?) also used as fuel line on some motorcycles in the past ... I'm just presuming it will withstand 100+ PSI, BTW) + the SILCA pump heads will probably fit 'in' most air pump hoses if you discover that the problem with your pump is actually the hose & you cannot fit your Zefal pump head on the replacement hose.

BTW. The diaphragm within the pump, itself, can sometimes fail ... you can often substitute a piece of medium weight (whatever THAT is!) leather (the material of choice prior to the age of rubber-and-plastic) ... you may have to dampen the leather with some oil.

If your Zefal Husky happens to be a frame pump, then I recommend you simply get a new pump because most of the available replacement parts will undoubtedly cost as much as many new frame pumps cost.

It's the rubber seal on the head and schrader add on of a floor pump.
Figured I'd get a newer betterer head.