zefal pump problem

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jpfler, Mar 17, 2003.

  1. Jpfler

    Jpfler Guest

    Wondering if anyone has had any problems with the Zefal HP Husky floor pump hose? The one that has a
    sliding presta/shrader connector. Had the hose replaced last year due to it malfunctioning and it
    went bad again today. When pumping, air is escaping out the area where it connects to the pump
    frame, making it impossible to get any air pressure into the tire. Connection is secure. Could the
    rubber O ring have gone bad?

    Jim

    Tags:

  2. I had the exact problem you describe, so I added some teflon tape to solve
    it. Zefal also sent me a new pump because of another problem - the metal pump body would come out
    of the base. Zefal has been more than accommodating, but there's a real problem when their
    brand new pumps fail to function.