zefal2 reversible pump, instructions?



R

Ron Hardin

Guest
I got a zefal2 reversible pump that I can't figure out.

It has a valve attachment coming off the side of the end, and a pic
showing how to change it apparently from schraeder to pesta (though
the pic seems to have it coming out the end not the side), but fine...

But there's no way to lock the valve attachment to the tire's valve
except by holding it under constant pressure, which strikes me as
unlikely to be the intended thing (since it pushes the valve into
the rim, so you'd have to hold the valve stem, the pump end, and
the pump handle to pump, total 3 hands.

Am I missing a piece (but if so, I don't see how it would attach to
the pump), or a hand?

--
Ron Hardin
[email protected]

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.
 
A

andy gee

Guest
Ron Hardin <[email protected]> wrote in news:43A96AEE.4F94
@mindspring.com:

> I got a zefal2 reversible pump that I can't figure out.
>
> It has a valve attachment coming off the side of the end, and a pic
> showing how to change it apparently from schraeder to pesta (though
> the pic seems to have it coming out the end not the side), but fine...
>
> But there's no way to lock the valve attachment to the tire's valve
> except by holding it under constant pressure, which strikes me as
> unlikely to be the intended thing (since it pushes the valve into
> the rim, so you'd have to hold the valve stem, the pump end, and
> the pump handle to pump, total 3 hands.
>
> Am I missing a piece (but if so, I don't see how it would attach to
> the pump), or a hand?
>


I have this pump, it's fabulous! I can get 110 lbs out of that little
tiny thing.

To switch, you unscrew the part that attaches to the valve, then tap it
until the thing inside falls out, then put it back in the other way, and
rescrew.

To clamp it to the valve, put it on the valve with the lever CLOSED and
then OPEN it after it's on all the way.

I had the bike shop guy walk me through it a few times when I bought it.
If it doesn't work for one of the settings, get a valve adapter and see
if it works.

A guy with a pump and a patch kit in New York during the strike could
get more trim than the Nelson's Fleet.

Good luck!

--ag
 
R

Ron Hardin

Guest
andy gee wrote:
> I have this pump, it's fabulous! I can get 110 lbs out of that little
> tiny thing.
>
> To switch, you unscrew the part that attaches to the valve, then tap it
> until the thing inside falls out, then put it back in the other way, and
> rescrew.
>
> To clamp it to the valve, put it on the valve with the lever CLOSED and
> then OPEN it after it's on all the way.
>
> I had the bike shop guy walk me through it a few times when I bought it.
> If it doesn't work for one of the settings, get a valve adapter and see
> if it works.
>
> A guy with a pump and a patch kit in New York during the strike could
> get more trim than the Nelson's Fleet.
>
> Good luck!


No lever that I can see on it. That's the trouble. Just the hole that you
press onto the valve stem.

--
Ron Hardin
[email protected]

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.
 
A

andy gee

Guest
Ron Hardin <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> No lever that I can see on it. That's the trouble. Just the hole
> that you press onto the valve stem.
>


The pump in question is with my bike on Long Island right now, so I can't
take a look at it. But I'm sure there is a latch that opens and closes to
secure the nozzle. Can you call the LBS and ask them?

--ag
 
R

Ron Hardin

Guest
andy gee wrote:
>
> Ron Hardin <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
> > No lever that I can see on it. That's the trouble. Just the hole
> > that you press onto the valve stem.
> >

>
> The pump in question is with my bike on Long Island right now, so I can't
> take a look at it. But I'm sure there is a latch that opens and closes to
> secure the nozzle. Can you call the LBS and ask them?
>
> --ag


The Nashbar online chat consultant said, hmm, it doesn't seem like the best design.

So apparently I'm not just missing a part.

Maybe Nashbar bought a truckload of defective ones. They're only $5.99

--
Ron Hardin
[email protected]

On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.
 
A

andy gee

Guest
Ron Hardin <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> The Nashbar online chat consultant said, hmm, it doesn't seem like the
> best design.
>
> So apparently I'm not just missing a part.
>
> Maybe Nashbar bought a truckload of defective ones. They're only
> $5.99
>


I took a look at the zefal website (www.zefal.com) and I see what you mean.
Most of the minis have the locking clip and one has a little bitty screw-in
hose. But some of them look like they have neither. No manuals for your
unit on the page, of course. Does anything screw or tighten or anything,
on the valve or on the barrel?

--ag