Zipp 303 vs 404

"Kraig Willett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Andy Coggan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >(Kraig Willet should be headed to the Texas A&M wind tunnel any day now...would be nice if we get
> >an AC 420 wheel to him to test.)
>
> I head out Sunday. No such luck in this case though - I won't be testing the AC420.
>
> The trailing edge, and rim curvature near it, does matter. I can remember testing a 47 mm deep rim
> that was so inefficiently shaped that it performed equivalently to a 25 mm deep rim.
>
> For the most part, though, (and I hate to generalize like this) rim depth is the primary
> contributor to the reduction in body axis drag.
>
> Anyone wishing to read more on the topic can email me privately for the Greenwell paper (a wheel
> aerodynamics article that appeared in a scholarly journal).

Kirk - not sure if you still read all this, but I'm looking for more information about what you find
are the best wheels out there. I have the Bontrager Carbons, but I'm not sure that their fairly
standard pofile is that aero. I'm just wondering if my money is better spent elsewhere. Thanks - a