Zipp 303s?

Daz

Jun 26, 2003
Anyone out there used Zipp 303s? I'm in the market for a new set of light race wheels and these certainly seem to fit the bill, but I'm unsure about their durability and build quality. I'm a 63kilo road racer.

Daz

Personally I would go with Chris King hubs with Ti spokes built on Zipp rims but thats just me.

Seriously though, we have several guys on the team who are riding zipps and they love them. They are super light really aero and they use straight pull spokes.

Plus a stock set of zipp 303's will knock over a pound off your bike. I might a add, that is a pound of rotating weight you will be saving. And the wheels are by no means fragile - I have a friend about your weight who rides his every day, he dosen't have any other wheels.

I have searched the cool wheel world for something comprable to zipps and have decided nothing is better - simply awesome wheels. The downside is cost: About $1,350/pr for the wheelsets with Zipp's own hubs.

- 303's are to drool for.
- Chris King hubs are pretty spiff stuff too ( and allow you to rethink rims down the road when the sidewall/braking surfaces wear down on the ones you start with)

Hope this will give you food for thought...

Originally posted by rlroadie
Personally I would go with Chris King hubs with Ti spokes built on Zipp rims but thats just me.

Seriously though, we have several guys on the team who are riding zipps and they love them. They are super light really aero and they use straight pull spokes.

Plus a stock set of zipp 303's will knock over a pound off your bike. I might a add, that is a pound of rotating weight you will be saving. And the wheels are by no means fragile - I have a friend about your weight who rides his every day, he dosen't have any other wheels.

I have searched the cool wheel world for something comprable to zipps and have decided nothing is better - simply awesome wheels. The downside is cost: About $1,350/pr for the wheelsets with Zipp's own hubs.

- 303's are to drool for.

- Chris King hubs are pretty spiff stuff too ( and allow you to rethink rims down the road when the sidewall/braking surfaces wear down on the ones you start with)

Hope this will give you food for thought...

Thanx for the info roadie. I've come to the same conclusion as you. I can't find anything that comes close. I have been offered a used set of Bontager OCLVs though, but i think i'll go with the Zipps.

regards

Daz