Zipp 303's

malhoppy

Mar 4, 2005
Does anyone have good or bad recomendations on these wheels?. I was looking to upgrade my wheels. Can also get a good deal on some dura-ace but thought a good upgrde needed carbon.

Upgrade from Bontrager race lites, which i will use for training but was after some good/performance wheels for saturday group rides and the occasional race. I thought i needed to go one step further than the dura-ace.

Cool. I was just curious if you were planning on using them for training. Looks like no. Not that you couldn't - I had a few guys in my tour groups on 303s or 404s that use them for everything with no problems. I've never tried the 303, but I have the Zipp CSC wheelset, which is not even in the same class, but I think they are phenomenal. Better than the Ksyiums and Campy wheels I've used. The 303s can only be even better.

friedmikey said:
Cool. I was just curious if you were planning on using them for training. Looks like no. Not that you couldn't - I had a few guys in my tour groups on 303s or 404s that use them for everything with no problems. I've never tried the 303, but I have the Zipp CSC wheelset, which is not even in the same class, but I think they are phenomenal. Better than the Ksyiums and Campy wheels I've used. The 303s can only be even better.
303's are weak, 404's seem to have better reviews, are more aero, and almost same weight. I would avoid 303's unless you are under 140lbs.