Zipp Clydesdale 909 wheelset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by bobby20, Feb 24, 2004.

1. bobby20

bobby20 New Member

Are there any heavy ridders on here that are ridding on a Clydesdale 909 wheelset . By heavy ridder i mean 260 to 275 lbs not you little guys that are 180 lbs and think you are a heavy ridder . If so how are the holding up. Im getting ready to buy a set to do some time trials . Also has anyone tried Rolf Vigor R S yet. I have a set but have not rode on them yet.

Tags:

2. mrowkoob

mrowkoob New Member

Well as a 200 ibs "lightweight" Ive trashed a set of 404´s and 505´s so Good luck with the Clydesdales.... Zipp doesnt write anything about them as a difference between them and regular zipps except for the CX-ray spokes..... I wouldt buy them. But as long as they worked they were great for the flats. Remember these are wheels just for racing. Use em for training too and youll need a new pair very soon.

3. bobby20

bobby20 New Member

Thanks for thr reply. I am only going to use them twice a week to do 12 mile time trials this spring and summer. On the Zipp website they say that team clydesdale ridders close to 300 lbs have never had a wheel failure . I will just have to give them a try If the fail ,oh well thats racing

4. pudster

pudster New Member

Have a friend who is a master racer and first day out on the Clydesdale he broke his pawls and spring on them. They sent us pawls and springs for the fix but said it was a cassette problem, so reluctantly he said he would try them again. Next time out his spring for the pawls broke again and he landed on the titanium saddle if you know what I mean. We sent them back for a refund and they said no. Now he is scared to ride them with the new fix. He is 6'3" and about 190 lds. Are you still wanting to get some for yourself? I hope you have all the kids and sex you want!

5. JohnO

JohnO New Member

Ouch! I'm getting sore just reading about that...