Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Zipp Rims

Started by tafi · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,290 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
23 July 2004
Last activity
23 July 2004
Original author
tafi
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,290
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know that Zipp 404's are a pretty nice looking wheel. But you can also get the rims only (505 rims I think they are called). I have a pair of hubs set up with 18/24 holes which I could use.

    How do the rims last on a hub which isn't a Zipp one? I am interested in clincher rims.

    Cheers

  2. tafi said:

    I know that Zipp 404's are a pretty nice looking wheel. But you can also get the rims only (505 rims I think they are called). I have a pair of hubs set up with 18/24 holes which I could use.

    How do the rims last on a hub which isn't a Zipp one? I am interested in clincher rims.

    Cheers

    Pairing the rims with another hub won't affect their durability. You can interchange hubs all you want - the rims will keep doing their job. In fact, quite a few people looking for a semi-light training wheel will do this - cheaper hubs (read: heavier) with a lightweight rim - because the weight of the rim is much more important to the acceleration of the bike (due to moment of inertia and all that stuff).

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.