Zoot's Mama?



M

Maggie

Guest
Roger Zoul wrote:
>
> Dang....stealing blinkies.....how low can a person go!
>
> Sorry.



You can't get much lower than that. Unless you steal a woman's
designer shoes. That is at least life in prison or death. ;-)

Maggie
 
S

Stephen Harding

Guest
Roger Zoul wrote:

> Dang....stealing blinkies.....how low can a person go!


Yeah, that's really got to be a low person in the low-life
ranking.

Wonder what happens to that type when they [eventually] end
up in prison??!!!


SMH
 
M

maxo

Guest
Roger Zoul wrote:

> Dang....stealing blinkies.....how low can a person go!
>
> Sorry.


I caught a guy literally breaking the blinkies off my Marin Nexus 7. I
was covering for our doorman at The Artful Dodger in Chicago as he
needed to go to the bathroom. The bike was at the rack 10ft from the
door. It would be the only time I ever manhandled a patron, throwing
him up against the brick outer wall of the pub, saying, "I think you
have something of mine". My machismo lasted until his brick craphouse
Marine buddy shows up and asks quite violently "Is there a problem?".
"No sir..."


I've had three sets of blinkies broken or stolen, but the worst was the
guy at the bar, that just broke them off to be an asshole.
 
M

maxo

Guest
Stephen Harding wrote:
> Roger Zoul wrote:
>
> > Dang....stealing blinkies.....how low can a person go!

>
> Yeah, that's really got to be a low person in the low-life
> ranking.
>
> Wonder what happens to that type when they [eventually] end
> up in prison??!!!
>


ROFL!!!

Something nasty happens to them in the showers, and it's not what you
think...
 
B

Brian Huntley

Guest
Zoot Katz wrote:
> Sun, 9 Oct 2005 00:19:50 -0400, <[email protected]>,
> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >:> Okay, so I'm a Luddite.
> >
> >Yes, you are. Be happy.

>
> I was until some ****-lapping, monkey-pus sucking, ditch-wad swiped my
> blinkies while I was in the store.
> Scratch $35.00 counting the rechargeable batteries.


You had 8 MEC 5-LED blinkies on one bike???
 
Z

Zoot Katz

Guest
Sun, 09 Oct 2005 15:45:18 GMT, <[email protected]>,
Stephen Harding <[email protected]> wrote:

>Roger Zoul wrote:
>
>> Dang....stealing blinkies.....how low can a person go!

>
>Yeah, that's really got to be a low person in the low-life
>ranking.
>
>Wonder what happens to that type when they [eventually] end
>up in prison??!!!
>

I hope they overdose before that happens. Let them die drowning in
their own vomit.
--
zk
 
T

Tom Keats

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"maxo" <[email protected]> writes:

> I've had three sets of blinkies broken or stolen, but the worst was the
> guy at the bar, that just broke them off to be an asshole.


The worst I've had to put up with in recent years is coming
back to my parked bike to find kids had been messin' with
my stuff -- pulling the toestraps tight, moving shifters out
of position, and frobnicating the cycloputer buttons (when I
had the cycloputer.) Sometimes they give my horn a honk, I
guess just to see if it works.


cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.
I'm really at: tkeats [curlicue] vcn [point] bc [point] ca
 
Z

Zoot Katz

Guest
9 Oct 2005 10:31:27 -0700,
<[email protected]>,
"Brian Huntley" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Scratch $35.00 counting the rechargeable batteries.

>
>You had 8 MEC 5-LED blinkies on one bike???


Beemer 3 front ~$15
7 LED rear ~$10
4 NMh batteries ~$10
--
zk
 
B

Bill Sornson

Guest
Stephen Harding wrote:
> Roger Zoul wrote:
>
>> Dang....stealing blinkies.....how low can a person go!

>
> Yeah, that's really got to be a low person in the low-life
> ranking.
>
> Wonder what happens to that type when they [eventually] end
> up in prison??!!!



I hear that jaywalkers are vicious to blinkie-pickers.

It won't be pretty.
 
J

John Thompson

Guest
On 2005-10-08, Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Sat, 8 Oct 2005 19:14:17 -0400, <[email protected]>,
> "Roger Zoul" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>:>>Perhaps, but it was indeed entertaining!
>>:>>
>>:>>Click it.....
>>:>
>>:> For ***** and grins, I clicked.
>>:> It's some embedded Active X **** I refuse to run.
>>:> Thanks anyway
>>
>>Too bad...I think you would have enjoyed this one....
>>

> Ce la vie. I've not had a worm or virus on this machine since I loaded
> this OS. Mainly because I won't allow any MS products net access.


Skip the window-dressing and download the video directly:

http://www.220.ro/storage/[From_www17060.wmv


--

John ([email protected])
 
J

John Thompson

Guest
On 2005-10-09, ~R <[email protected]> wrote:

> An old lady is half asleep in the crosswalk. A ***** in a
> convertable expensive looking car honks at her. She smacks the
> car with her grocery bag and the air bag deploys in his face.
> It's funny, just watch it. Besides, if that's your mom, ya gotta
> give her that respect!


I don't think she was "half-asleep;" she just has a slow gait, which is
not uncommon in the elderly. From the markings on the road and the
signage, it appears the crosswalk is one of those pediestrian right of
way crossings where vehicles must yield to pedestrians.

Did you listen to the sound track? The shreik of the car's brakes? The
woman was in the crosswalk, the Mercedes didn't see her, slams on the
binders and barely avoids creaming her. She stops, looks at the driver,
whacks license plate with her bag, and continues across the street.

--

John ([email protected])
 
R

Rich

Guest
John Thompson wrote:

> I don't think she was "half-asleep;" she just has a slow gait, which is
> not uncommon in the elderly. From the markings on the road and the
> signage, it appears the crosswalk is one of those pediestrian right of
> way crossings where vehicles must yield to pedestrians.
>
> Did you listen to the sound track? The shreik of the car's brakes? The
> woman was in the crosswalk, the Mercedes didn't see her, slams on the
> binders and barely avoids creaming her. She stops, looks at the driver,
> whacks license plate with her bag, and continues across the street.


I think the whole thing was staged, as I'm pretty sure airbags are
triggered by accerlometers and not switches in the bumper. Hitting a
bumper will not set one off. Even a slow speed crash into anther car
will likely not set one off as you don't decellerate fast enough.

Additionally, I believe they deflate quicker then the one in this movie
is shown to deflate.

Rich
 
M

Maria Teresa Chupacabra

Guest
"John Thompson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 2005-10-09, ~R <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> Did you listen to the sound track? The shreik of the car's brakes?


Yes; that was what got the video camera operator's attention. He was out
videotaping skateboard stunts and heard the brakes squeal, and that
distracted him from the original subject and caused him to train the camera
on what was happening at the intersection.
 
M

Maria Teresa Chupacabra

Guest
"Rich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> John Thompson wrote:
>
> Additionally, I believe they deflate quicker then the one in this movie is
> shown to deflate.


You're probably over-thinking it. It may indeed have been staged, but it's
clever and it is vicariously rewarding to see the asshole in the car getting
hit by the airbag.

It's like "Little House On The Prairie" where hateful little Nellie Olson
always gets her lunch by the end of the show. Doesn't happen in real life,
but it was always kinda cathartic to watch.

If that lady isn't Zoot's Mama, she shoulda been. Or maybe more properly
grandma...
 
B

Bill

Guest
Zoot Katz wrote:
>
> I doubt that it's her. My mother is an inveterate cager.
> You're sure it's not me in drag?


Well then can we have some pictures of you in drag? This thread has gone
so far it needs another laugh.
Bill
 
M

Maggie

Guest
Bill wrote:
> Zoot Katz wrote:
> >
> > I doubt that it's her. My mother is an inveterate cager.
> > You're sure it's not me in drag?

>
> Well then can we have some pictures of you in drag? This thread has gone
> so far it needs another laugh.
> Bill


I'd love to see that. Wear stockings and a garter belt Zoot....it
makes for a sexy look. And the shoes are very important. At least 3
in heels.

Maggie.
 
S

Stephen Harding

Guest
Tom Keats wrote:

> The worst I've had to put up with in recent years is coming
> back to my parked bike to find kids had been messin' with
> my stuff -- pulling the toestraps tight, moving shifters out
> of position, and frobnicating the cycloputer buttons (when I
> had the cycloputer.) Sometimes they give my horn a honk, I
> guess just to see if it works.


You need to find a good witch doctor.

I had the very same problems with my [big powerful]
125 cc Suzuki motorcycle while working a couple years
in Cameroon, West Africa. The machine always attracted
a crowd.

The kids would sit on it while I was at work (or in
a bar [at work of course]) and move the shift lever,
reset odometer, fiddle with the brakes, turn the fuel
lever off, readjust the mirrors and move just about
anything that could move. I counted myself fortunate
that the bike never (AFAIK) took a tumble on its side.

Went to the local juju man and he made me up some sort
of gizmo with small "bag o' stuff" in it and some plant
leaves and branches sticking out of it. Hung it on a
rear view mirror et voila!

Kiddies kept a very respectful distance from the bike.

Don't know why or how, but it actually worked!


SMH
 
N

Neil Brooks

Guest
Stephen Harding <[email protected]> wrote:

>I had the very same problems with my [big powerful]
>125 cc Suzuki motorcycle while working a couple years
>in Cameroon, West Africa. The machine always attracted
>a crowd.
>
>The kids would sit on it while I was at work (or in
>a bar [at work of course]) and move the shift lever,
>reset odometer, fiddle with the brakes, turn the fuel
>lever off, readjust the mirrors and move just about
>anything that could move. I counted myself fortunate
>that the bike never (AFAIK) took a tumble on its side.


Indonesia was a different story.

We parked our 125cc bikes near Batu Kok waterfall to go for a hike in
the midday, equatorial son. By the time we got back, the local kids
had messed with our bikes, too. What they did? Placed gigantic palm
fronds atop the saddles to keep our pasty, white arses from scorching
when we left.

Not a soul in sight looking for compensation. Just a random act of
kindness from some (smarter than we were) locals :)
 
N

Neil Brooks

Guest
Neil Brooks <[email protected]> wrote:

>Stephen Harding <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>I had the very same problems with my [big powerful]
>>125 cc Suzuki motorcycle while working a couple years
>>in Cameroon, West Africa. The machine always attracted
>>a crowd.
>>
>>The kids would sit on it while I was at work (or in
>>a bar [at work of course]) and move the shift lever,
>>reset odometer, fiddle with the brakes, turn the fuel
>>lever off, readjust the mirrors and move just about
>>anything that could move. I counted myself fortunate
>>that the bike never (AFAIK) took a tumble on its side.

>
>Indonesia was a different story.
>
>We parked our 125cc bikes near Batu Kok waterfall to go for a hike in
>the midday, equatorial son.


Son = sun. Just a typo. Not a freudian slip ;-)

>By the time we got back, the local kids
>had messed with our bikes, too. What they did? Placed gigantic palm
>fronds atop the saddles to keep our pasty, white arses from scorching
>when we left.
>
>Not a soul in sight looking for compensation. Just a random act of
>kindness from some (smarter than we were) locals :)
 
J

John Thompson

Guest
On 2005-10-09, Rich <[email protected]> wrote:

> John Thompson wrote:
>
>> I don't think she was "half-asleep;" she just has a slow gait, which is
>> not uncommon in the elderly. From the markings on the road and the
>> signage, it appears the crosswalk is one of those pediestrian right of
>> way crossings where vehicles must yield to pedestrians.
>>
>> Did you listen to the sound track? The shreik of the car's brakes? The
>> woman was in the crosswalk, the Mercedes didn't see her, slams on the
>> binders and barely avoids creaming her. She stops, looks at the driver,
>> whacks license plate with her bag, and continues across the street.


> I think the whole thing was staged, as I'm pretty sure airbags are
> triggered by accerlometers and not switches in the bumper. Hitting a
> bumper will not set one off. Even a slow speed crash into anther car
> will likely not set one off as you don't decellerate fast enough.


I'm not so sure. The accelerometers were probably tickled already by the
abrupt stop (remember those shreiking brakes?) and may have only needed a
little more to trigger the air bag.

--

John ([email protected])