Zoot's Mama?

John Thompson wrote:

>>I think the whole thing was staged, as I'm pretty sure airbags are
>>triggered by accerlometers and not switches in the bumper.

> I'm not so sure. The accelerometers were probably tickled already by the
> abrupt stop (remember those shreiking brakes?) and may have only needed a
> little more to trigger the air bag.

I did a little more research. It seems that airbags also only go off
when the vehicle is travelling above some threshold speed (typically
9-16mph) when the crash occurs. Now I'm even more convinced the thing
was staged.

But it was funny.

Rich

In article <OYQ2f.5$y05.0@trndny07>,
Stephen Harding <[email protected]> writes:

> You need to find a good witch doctor.

With my luck I'd get just some John The Conqueror Root thing
that attracts women. And then Pauline would clobber me,
while kids continue to molest my bike.

"Suffer the little children to come unto me," I guess.

Last thing I need, though, is a bike with a Jesus complex.

cheers,
Tom

--
-- Nothing is safe from me.
Above address is just a spam midden.

Rich wrote:
> John Thompson wrote:
>
>>> I think the whole thing was staged, as I'm pretty sure airbags are
>>> triggered by accerlometers and not switches in the bumper.

>> I'm not so sure. The accelerometers were probably tickled already by
>> the abrupt stop (remember those shreiking brakes?) and may have only
>> needed a little more to trigger the air bag.

> I did a little more research. It seems that airbags also only go off
> when the vehicle is travelling above some threshold speed (typically
> 9-16mph) when the crash occurs. Now I'm even more convinced the thing
> was staged.
>
> But it was funny.
>
> Rich

If you are old enough to remember the tv show "Laugh In," the clip is
sort of reminiscent of some of those comedy bits.