zorinpump

Anyone tried one of these?

http://www.zorinpump.com/zorinpump.htm

There was some discussion of the concept several years ago, but I
can't find anything recent. I'm quite tempted, particularly as I am
need of 27.2 x 400mm seatpost.

Only downside that would annoy me is not having a pump available if
the bike is upside down, but I could live with that if it works well
as a pump.

Rob

Don Whybrow

Guest
[email protected] wrote:
> Anyone tried one of these?
>
> http://www.zorinpump.com/zorinpump.htm
>
> There was some discussion of the concept several years ago, but I
> can't find anything recent. I'm quite tempted, particularly as I am
> need of 27.2 x 400mm seatpost.
>
> Only downside that would annoy me is not having a pump available if
> the bike is upside down, but I could live with that if it works well
> as a pump.

Not sure why, will a bike not be stable upside down without the saddle
in? It looks like you have to remove it from the bike to use it.

--
Don Whybrow

Sequi Bonum Non Time

Sense is not cognition but sensation. (Douglas Robinson)

Rob Morley

Guest
In article <83fd0a0f-78bb-44c6-af1f-791e51e39584
@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
[email protected] says...
> Anyone tried one of these?
>
> http://www.zorinpump.com/zorinpump.htm
>
> There was some discussion of the concept several years ago, but I
> can't find anything recent. I'm quite tempted, particularly as I am
> need of 27.2 x 400mm seatpost.

Looks good.

> Only downside that would annoy me is not having a pump available if
> the bike is upside down, but I could live with that if it works well
> as a pump.

Why would you want to turn a bike upside down?

vernon

Guest
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]m...
> Anyone tried one of these?
>
> http://www.zorinpump.com/zorinpump.htm
>
> There was some discussion of the concept several years ago, but I
> can't find anything recent. I'm quite tempted, particularly as I am
> need of 27.2 x 400mm seatpost.
>
> Only downside that would annoy me is not having a pump available if
> the bike is upside down, but I could live with that if it works well
> as a pump.

Funnily enough I saw one in action at the weekend. It formed the seat stem
of a Dahon foldable bike. I was most impressed with the concept and its
owner was more than happy with its performance. I could have sworn his
pump/seat stem was longer than 400mm though.

Martin Dann

Guest
Rob Morley wrote:
> In article <83fd0a0f-78bb-44c6-af1f-791e51e39584
> @l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
> [email protected] says...
>> Anyone tried one of these?
>>
>> http://www.zorinpump.com/zorinpump.htm
>>
>> There was some discussion of the concept several years ago, but I
>> can't find anything recent. I'm quite tempted, particularly as I am
>> need of 27.2 x 400mm seatpost.

> Looks good.
>> Only downside that would annoy me is not having a pump available if
>> the bike is upside down, but I could live with that if it works well
>> as a pump.
>>

> Why would you want to turn a bike upside down?

I find it can be easier to remove and reattach the wheels if the bike is
upside down, esp. the rear wheel. This is precisely when I would need a
pump.

It looks like a good idea, however the main downside seems to be that
you need one per bike.

On Apr 23, 7:51 pm, "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]m...>Anyone tried one of these?
>
> >http://www.zorinpump.com/zorinpump.htm

> > There was some discussion of the concept several years ago, but I
> > can't find anything recent. I'm quite tempted, particularly as I am
> > need of 27.2 x 400mm seatpost.

> > Only downside that would annoy me is not having a pump available if
> > the bike is upside down, but I could live with that if it works well
> > as a pump.

> Funnily enough I saw one in action at the weekend.  It formed the seat stem
> of a Dahon foldable bike.  I was most impressed with the concept and its
> owner was more than happy with its performance.  I could have sworn his
> pump/seat stem was longer than 400mm though.

Comes in only two sizes, 415?/27.2 and 575???/33??? for Dahons.
(That's somewhere on the website but I can't find it now.) If I get
one I'd like to be able to use it on the tandem, but that takes 25.4.

Rob

On Apr 23, 6:59 pm, Don Whybrow <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Anyone tried one of these?

> >http://www.zorinpump.com/zorinpump.htm

> > There was some discussion of the concept several years ago, but I
> > can't find anything recent. I'm quite tempted, particularly as I am
> > need of 27.2 x 400mm seatpost.

> > Only downside that would annoy me is not having a pump available if
> > the bike is upside down, but I could live with that if it works well
> > as a pump.

> Not sure why, will a bike not be stable upside down without the saddle
> in?

I just assumed a compact frame wouldn't, but thinking about it I
suppose it would. Sounds like a recipe for getting dirt in the seat
tube or battering the top unless you protect it somehow thobut.

> It looks like you have to remove it from the bike to use it.

You could fix the puncture, right the bike then pump the tire up.

Rob