Zzz Quackwatch Quacks

Dave

Guest
Stephen Barrett: CEASE AND DESIST ORDER, AND DEMAND FOR SATISFACTION...
October 24th, 2003

Stephen Barrett:

On October 15th, 2003, the California Appeals Court District #1, in the case
titled "Barrett vs. Rosenthal," issued an OPINION which clearly states "the
facts as to Barrett and Grell, who were not defamed"

I hereby ORDER YOU to remove all information about Tim Bolen, Jan Bolen, or
JuriMed, from any publication you own, or is under your control. You have
made statements about all of these which are NOT TRUE, DEFAMATORY, and
INJURIOUS TO ME, AND MY BUSINESS INTERESTS. Both the trial court and the
California Appeals Court have verified my concerns.

(1) I hereby DEMAND that you replace any, and all, messages, or publications
currently under your control, mentioning my name, or any of the names listed
above, with a message of my choice - as follows:

"I, Stephen Barrett,have made certain claims of falsehood, defamation,
libel, conspiracy and criminal acts against Tim Bolen, a well known Consumer
Advocate and leader in the North American Health Freedom Movement. Mr. Bolen
also, separately owns and runs a business, with his wife Jan, called
JuriMed - Public Relations & Research Group. I sued Mr. & Mrs. Bolen, and
others, on the above matters, in a California court - and lost. I then
appealed the decision to the California Appeals court 1st District - and
LOST again. The courts decided against me, and pointed out that Mr. Bolen,
in his commentaries, was completely within his rights, as an American, to
voice his opinion. I published my claims on several websites. My claims have
been found to be without merit."

(2) I hereby DEMAND that you DISMISS all lawsuits against me or mine in
regard to this matter, forthwith.

(3) I hereby DEMAND that you DISMISS any, and all, lawsuits, and/or actions
filed against those that published my articles, forthwith.

(4) I hereby DEMAND that you submit to a physical and mental evaluation by
health professionals of my choice. You will follow their recommendations and
treatment choices.

My legal representatives will let you know what else I require.

You have 96 hours to comply.

WHAT THE COURT SAID...

To whit: "The trial court's conclusion that respondent's allegedly libelous
statements were protected by the anti-SLAPP statute explicitly rested on
subdivisions (e)(3) and (e)(4) of section 425.16, which declare that " 'an
act in furtherance of a person's right of petition or free speech under the
United States or California Constitution in connection with a public issue'
includes . . . (3) any written or oral statement or writing made in a place
open to the public or a public forum in connection with an issue of public
interest; (4) or any other conduct in furtherance of the exercise of the
constitutional right of petition or the constitutional right of free speech
in connection with a public issue or an issue of public interest." The order
granting the motion to strike focused upon the public nature of the issue
the parties disputed and to which Rosenthal's allegedly libelous statements
related: "the validity or invalidity of alternative medicine." The court
determined that this was "a highly controversial matter which is of
significant public importance and interest, affecting the health of millions
of people involving billions of dollars." Appellants do not challenge this
determination. Implicitly conceding Rosenthal's statements relate to "an
issue of public interest," they instead contend that the Internet sites on
which Rosenthal posted her statements were not "a place open to the public
or a public forum," as the trial court assumed, and Rosenthal therefore did
not post the statements allegedly defaming appellants in furtherance of her
right of free speech. This novel contention is difficult to take seriously."

I've met some DUMB people in my life, Barrett, but the EXTRA-DUMB argument
you put forward to the Appeals Court, stating that the internet was not "a
place open to the public or a public forum," has got to get an award. I
loved the Appeals Court's comment about your argument - "This novel
contention is difficult to take seriously." Even Judges openly laugh at
you...

YOUR BEHAVIOR IN THIS CASE...

Throughout this case, and in your publications, where you allege
"Defamation" you have FAILED to produce ANY EVIDENCE of said defamation -
except for YOUR OWN dubious statements and "interpretations" of my words and
commentaries, EVEN WHEN WE LEGALLY DEMANDED THAT YOU DO SO. You did this, I
believe, to subject me, my wife, my business, and my standing as a Consumer
Advocate, to the hatred, abuse, contempt, or ridicule, of others.

On your website, quackwatch.com, which claims "millions of hits," you have
consistently maligned me, and my wife of 38 years. On your web address
"http://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/bolen.html" titled "A Response to Tim
Bolen," you accuse me, and others, of a criminal act (fraud) when you claim
that world renowned health humanitarian Hulda Regehr Clark PhD, Naturopath,
myself, and others, are engaging in promoting "false ideas." You make
numerous statements beyond this, for none of which you offer any proof.
Indeed, you you have FAILED to produce ANY EVIDENCE of said actions - except
for YOUR OWN dubious statements, EVEN WHEN WE LEGALLY DEMANDED THAT YOU DO
SO. You did this, I believe, to subject me, my wife, my business, and my
standing as a Consumer Advocate, to the hatred, abuse, contempt, or
ridicule, of others.

You have provided information, for public consumption, on the quackwatch
website, and others, which has NOT WITHSTOOD THE TEST OF A COURTROOM. You
did this, I believe, to subject me, my wife, my business, and my standing as
a Consumer Advocate, to the hatred, abuse, contempt, or ridicule, of others.

In this so-called "Defamation" case you posted the case on your website, and
never legally served me, until I DEMANDED service, knowing, I believe, YOU
NEVER HAD A CASE FOR DEFAMATION. You inferred to the public that I "was
hiding," when in fact, my legal address for service was on the first page of
the first exhibit all of the time. You knew my address when you filed the
case. You simply, I believe, didn't want to PUBLICLY GET YOUR ASS QUICKLY
KICKED IN COURT - like what DID happen. You did this, I believe, to subject
me, my wife, my business, and my standing as a Consumer Advocate, to the
hatred, abuse, contempt, or ridicule, of others.

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST...

You should be ashamed of yourself, Stevie. For years you've made your wife
support you while you engaged in your anti-health follies. Your message
about yourself, and your relationship with health care, to me, is
transparent. You are simply a man who had ambitions, and was unable to
achieve them. So in revenge, apparently, to a society who you seem to revile
for their rejection of your hopes, you attack "real" heroes in the health
world - like Research Scientist Hulda Regehr Clark, two-time Nobel prize
winner Linus Pauling, and a host of others.

You wanted to be known as a "Psychiatrist," but you couldn't pass the
written test - so all you could find was part time work, and not much of
that. You wanted to be an "MD" but you couldn't generate enough business to
pay the malpractice insurance premiums.

Is your wife, who is now retired, paying your legal fees? According to your
courtroom statements, you haven't made enough money in the last few years to
buy a decent new car, much less pay for all the cases you are involved in.
Are you draining your wife's retirement income with these ego-related court
cases?

I don't know how you can hold your head up in public.

Tim Bolen

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dave is posting Bolen's flatulence.

> [...]

> world - like Research Scientist Hulda Regehr Clark, two-time Nobel prize
> winner Linus Pauling, and a host of others.
>
> You wanted to be known as a "Psychiatrist," but you couldn't pass the
> written test - so all you could find was part time work, and not much of
> that. You wanted to be an "MD" but you couldn't generate enough business

> pay the malpractice insurance premiums.
>
> Is your wife, who is now retired, paying your legal fees? According to

your
> courtroom statements, you haven't made enough money in the last few years

> buy a decent new car, much less pay for all the cases you are involved in.
> Are you draining your wife's retirement income with these ego-related

court
> cases?
>
> I don't know how you can hold your head up in public.

In article <[email protected]>,
Dave <[email protected]> wrote:
>Stephen Barrett: CEASE AND DESIST ORDER, AND DEMAND FOR SATISFACTION...
>October 24th, 2003

"Order?" "Demand?" Hahahaha. I just *love* this. OK, Bolen doesn't
realize how funny he's being, but I am irresistably reminded of a
bunch of 8-year-olds: "I call this!" "Well, I *demand* that!"
"Well, I double-demand this!" etc etc etc.

Typical schoolyard stuff, and about as meaningful as Bolen. More
meaningful, actually, as the kids usually manage to work it out,
whereas "consumer advocate" [hahahaha] Bolen never will.

Stuff like this:

>I hereby ORDER YOU to remove all information about Tim Bolen, Jan Bolen, or
>JuriMed, from any publication you own, or is under your control. You have
>made statements about all of these which are NOT TRUE, DEFAMATORY, and
>INJURIOUS TO ME, AND MY BUSINESS INTERESTS. Both the trial court and the
>California Appeals Court have verified my concerns.

Hardly. They agreed that Barrett wasn't defamed by Rosenthal, if I
read it right, but they said nothing about Barrett's comments about
Bolen on Barrett's web site.

>(4) I hereby DEMAND that you submit to a physical and mental
>evaluation by health professionals of my choice. You will follow their
>recommendations and treatment choices.

I think Bolen should go first on this one. They can start with a
rabies shot.

>Throughout this case, and in your publications, where you allege
>"Defamation" you have FAILED to produce ANY EVIDENCE of said defamation -
>except for YOUR OWN dubious statements and "interpretations" of my words and
>commentaries, EVEN WHEN WE LEGALLY DEMANDED THAT YOU DO SO. You did this, I
>believe, to subject me, my wife, my business, and my standing as a Consumer
>Advocate, to the hatred, abuse, contempt, or ridicule, of others.

A waste of time on Barrett's part, I agree, since Bolen is his own
worst enemy and will draw almost unlimited contempt, abuse, and
ridicule just in response to his own preposterous writings, which he
posts here (on m.h.a) himself at times.

>You did this, I believe, to subject me, my wife, my business, and my
>standing as a Consumer Advocate, to the hatred, abuse, contempt, or
>ridicule, of others.

Bolen has no standing as a Consumer Advocate; he's a paid shill for
Hulda Clark, and not acting in the public interest.

Sounds like Barrett's case was thrown out because it was too much "my
feelings are hurt." Now Bolen has the same problem, but thinks his
case is valid.

>You should be ashamed of yourself, Stevie.

Same to you, Timmie.

>So in revenge, apparently, to a society who you seem to revile
>for their rejection of your hopes, you attack "real" heroes in the health
>world - like Research Scientist Hulda Regehr Clark, two-time Nobel prize
>winner Linus Pauling, and a host of others.

Hulda Clark is a "Research Scientist" (as far as the zapper etc are
concerned) to the same high level as a cocker spaniel, although a
cocker is much cuter and more fun to have around.

>You wanted to be known as a "Psychiatrist," but you couldn't pass the
>written test - so all you could find was part time work, and not much of
>that. You wanted to be an "MD" but you couldn't generate enough business to
>pay the malpractice insurance premiums.

One wonders if this is libelous.

>I don't know how you can hold your head up in public.

Pot, kettle, black.

Thanks, Spammin' Dave, for my daily amusement.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Stephen Barrett: CEASE AND DESIST ORDER, AND DEMAND FOR SATISFACTION...
>October 24th, 2003

<snip mad ********>

How are the ambush plans going, Tim? Are there any places I should
avoid when I come to the US in January.

I will be passing through San Juan Capistrano on my way to vomit
outside Hulda's Tijuana fraud and theft clinic. Perhaps I could drop
into your mailbox for a coffee?

--
Peter Bowditch
The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (David Wright) wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>,
> Dave <[email protected]> wrote (quoting Tim Bolen):

> >So in revenge, apparently, to a society who you seem to revile
> >for their rejection of your hopes, you attack "real" heroes in the health
> >world - like Research Scientist Hulda Regehr Clark, two-time Nobel prize
> >winner Linus Pauling, and a host of others.

> Hulda Clark is a "Research Scientist" (as far as the zapper etc are
> concerned) to the same high level as a cocker spaniel, although a
> cocker is much cuter and more fun to have around.

Indeed. Hulda is perhaps the biggest quack around these days, although
unfortunately there is much competition for that dubious distinction.
Linus Pauling may have been a great physicist and a fine humanitarian,
but unfortunately in his later life he was a lousy biologist, at least
when it came to his claims for vitamin C. He was living proof that great
expertise in one area of science does not necessarily translate into
other areas.

> >You wanted to be known as a "Psychiatrist," but you couldn't pass the
> >written test - so all you could find was part time work, and not much of
> >that. You wanted to be an "MD" but you couldn't generate enough business to
> >pay the malpractice insurance premiums.

> One wonders if this is libelous.

It sure sounds libelous to me--reinforcing my impression of Bolen's
double standard. He's quick to yell "libel" if anyone criticizes him or
those he supports, but doesn't seem to have a problem writing
potentially libelous things himself--like the above. Of course, he'll
never produce a shred of convincing evidence that any of the above
assertions about Barrett are true. He also probably knows that such
assertions posted to a Usenet forum are unlikely to produce any
actionable damage to Barrett's reputation worth pursuing a legal remedy
for.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you