Zzz Will Cancer Ever be Conquered?

Dave

Guest
DEVELOP A NATURAL CANCER TREATMENT...GO TO JAIL By Mary Starrett;

There are two major reasons we don't have a cure for cancer. Why despite a 40 year old "war" on the
disease survival rates haven't increased one bit. The governmental meddling of the National
Institutes of Health and The National Cancer Institute along with the FDA have made it difficult, if
not impossible, for doctors with breakthrough cancer therapies to bring their healing discoveries to
those who need them. The orthodox medical establishment is hell-bent on destroying anyone who dares
to challenge the status quo on cancer treatment. Even though we have lost the war on cancer, we
continue to use and promote the very methods that don't work while banishing those who try non-
pharmaceutical modalities to the scrap heap of healing.

The New England Journal of Medicine reported that women who had their entire breast removed (radical
mastectomy) didn't live longer than those who opted for the less-invasive lumpectomy.[1]

Men who had their prostate gland removed after a diagnosis of cancer lived just as long as those who
didn't. Either way the men lived about 14 years after diagnosis. [2]

Chemotherapy helped only 2% of cancer patients [3]

Infection is the most frequent cause of death in cancer patients; and those infections are likely to
have been picked up in a hospital. [4]

These grim stats are out there but they're not being shared with patients. In fact, those with a
cancer diagnosis continue to be encouraged to do the very things that will sicken, maim and
eventually kill them. All the while, naturally-derived compounds and extremely effective treatments
exist. Patients won't find out about these treatments from their doctors, however. And with
heartbreaking regularity some very effective treatments are being kept from desperate patients
because of politics. Former New York State Assemblyman Daniel Haley wrote a book about it. In
"Politics In Healing", Haley outlines ten cases of brilliant medical researchers who risked their
freedom and their fortunes to share their discoveries with terminal patients.

One such story involves Stanislaw Burzynski. With a medical degree and a Ph.D. in biochemistry,
Burzynski left Poland and came to America with a phenomenal therapy for treating cancer. He helped
countless patients through a treatment that inhibits cancer cell growth called antineoplastons. Long
explanation short, these cells reprogram cancer cells and inhibit their growth. For his pioneering
and enormously successful work the FDA tried to put him in jail. He's been put on probation, been
messed-with by the NCI (National Cancer Institute, a governmental agency) despite the fact that he
has a verified track record when it comes to difficult brain tumor cases. Parents of children with
conditions like medullablastoma (brain tumor) have had to petition the FDA requesting "compassionate
exemption" for children who would otherwise die without the treatment Dr. Burzynski offers.

Little Thomas Novarro suffered from this type of brain tumor and the prognosis wasn't good. What the
FDA recommended- chemo- would have most likely left Thomas brain damaged, retarded and deaf. He
would have lived, maybe another five years. The boy's parents battled for something better. They
struggled to point out that the chemo the FDA pushed for Thomas was "carcinogenic, toxic, unproven
and ineffective" according to the parents of another little boy named Alex Horwin who was similarly
not allowed by the FDA Gestapo to seek other treatment.

Alex died in his parents' arms.

It must tear at these parent's hearts to know that the vilified Dr. Burzynski has successfully
treated seven children with the same tumors. Of those, six are still alive, with tumors either
completely gone or stabilized. The children brought to him who had chemo or radiation have all died.

Antineoplastons work when the FDA stays out of it and doesn't require people taking the treatment to
have chemo or radiation first.

The medical doctor who came here from Poland must have wondered why in America people aren't free to
choose what type of medical care they want. Or why he was made to face the inquisition of
governmental agencies trying for years to jail him. Isn't that why he left Poland?

Shontelle Hiron was chosen to carry the Olympic torch during the games in Sydney in 2000. Seven
years before that she was given three months to live after the discovery of a brain tumor.
Shontelle's Australian town raised money to send her to Dr. Stan Burzynski's clinic in Houston. As
soon as the antineoplastons were started the tumor shrank and disappeared. Running alongside
Shontelle that day was Stan Burzynski- the man who'd saved her life.

The man America's FDA tried to put in jail.

Footnotes:
[1] The Collapse Of Conventional Medicine/ Sardi/Here And Now Books (askbillsardi.com)

[2] ibid

[3] Scientific American/ Nov '85

[4] Take This Book To The Hospital With You/ Inlander/ Pantheon Press

Resources:
Dr. Kelley's Counterperspectives on Health [http://www.drkelley.info] Politics In Healing/ Haley,
Potomac Valley Press (800- 898-0639)

Alternative Medicine, The Definitive Guide/ Goldberg Group/ Future Medicine Pub.

The Burzynski Breakthrough/ Elias/Lexikos Burzynski Clinic: (281) 597- 0111

Foundation For Advancement In Cancer Therapy (212) 741- 2790

In article <%[email protected]>,
"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

> DEVELOP A NATURAL CANCER TREATMENT...GO TO JAIL By Mary Starrett;
>

> There are two major reasons we don't have a cure for cancer. Why despite a 40 year old "war" on
> the disease survival rates haven't increased one bit.

An article that starts with a whopping lie like this is off to a bad start, you know. (The author
can't even figure out that the "war on cancer" is only around 30 years old, not 40 years old, dating
back to the National Cancer Act, passed in 1971.) We've been through this issue before, particularly
with pediatric cancers, whose survival rates are much better than they were 40 years ago. The
survival rates for adult leukemias and lymphomas, among many other tumors, are also better now than
they were 40 years ago. Of course, that it goes on to push "anti-neoplastons" and doesn't cite a
single scientific study. Heck, even when referring to a NEJM article, it doesn't actually cite the
actual article. (I think the article being referred to was a 20 year update on the original NSABP
study comparing lumpectomy and mastectomy--basically a confirmation of old news.

[Snip]

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

"Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:eek:[email protected]...
> In article <%[email protected]>, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > DEVELOP A NATURAL CANCER TREATMENT...GO TO JAIL By Mary Starrett;
> >

> > There are two major reasons we don't have a cure for cancer. Why despite
> > 40 year old "war" on the disease survival rates haven't increased one
bit.

> An article that starts with a whopping lie like this is off to a bad start, you know. (The
> author can't even figure out that the "war on cancer" is only around 30 years old, not 40 years
> old, dating back to the National Cancer Act, passed in 1971.) We've been through this issue
> before, particularly with pediatric cancers, whose survival rates are much better than they were
> 40 years ago. The survival rates for adult leukemias and lymphomas, among many other tumors, are
> also better now than they were 40 years ago. Of course, that it goes on to push "anti-
> neoplastons" and doesn't cite a single scientific study. Heck, even when referring to a NEJM
> article, it doesn't actually cite the actual article. (I think the article being referred to was
> a 20 year update on the original NSABP study comparing lumpectomy and mastectomy--basically a
> confirmation of old news.

Then this will be new news for you........

How the American Cancer Society Fights Cancer

Research

To date, the Society has invested more than $2.4 billion in cancer research and has provided grant
support to 32 Nobel Prize winners early in their careers. The Society's overall annual expenditure
in research has grown steadily from $1 million in 1946 to more than $130 million in fiscal year
2001. The research program focuses primarily on peer-reviewed projects initiated by beginning
investigators working in leading medical and scientific institutions across the country. The
research program consists of three components: extramural grants, intramural epidemiology and
surveillance research, and the intramural behavioral research center.

1946 - 2003 is actually 57 years.

> [Snip]
> --
> Orac |"A statement of fact cannot be insolent."
> |
> |"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"

In article <[email protected]>,
"Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Orac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...
> > In article <%[email protected]>, "Dave" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > DEVELOP A NATURAL CANCER TREATMENT...GO TO JAIL By Mary Starrett;
> > >

> > > There are two major reasons we don't have a cure for cancer. Why despite
> > > 40 year old "war" on the disease survival rates haven't increased one
> bit.
> >
> > An article that starts with a whopping lie like this is off to a bad start, you know. (The
> > author can't even figure out that the "war on cancer" is only around 30 years old, not 40 years
> > old, dating back to the National Cancer Act, passed in 1971.) We've been through this issue
> > before, particularly with pediatric cancers, whose survival rates are much better than they were
> > 40 years ago. The survival rates for adult leukemias and lymphomas, among many other tumors, are
> > also better now than they were 40 years ago. Of course, that it goes on to push "anti-
> > neoplastons" and doesn't cite a single scientific study. Heck, even when referring to a NEJM
> > article, it doesn't actually cite the actual article. (I think the article being referred to was
> > a 20 year update on the original NSABP study comparing lumpectomy and mastectomy--basically a
> > confirmation of old news.
>
> Then this will be new news for you........
>
> How the American Cancer Society Fights Cancer
>
> Research
>
> To date, the Society has invested more than $2.4 billion in cancer research and has provided grant
> support to 32 Nobel Prize winners early in their careers. The Society's overall annual expenditure
> in research has grown steadily from $1 million in 1946 to more than $130 million in fiscal year
> 2001. The research program focuses primarily on peer-reviewed projects initiated by beginning
> investigators working in leading medical and scientific institutions across the country. The
> research program consists of three components: extramural grants, intramural epidemiology and
> surveillance research, and the intramural behavioral research center.
>
> 1946 - 2003 is actually 57 years.

Don't be obtuse. If you want to go that way, then we've been "fighting cancer" for hundreds, if not
thousands, of years. For instance, the National Cancer Institute was founded in 1937.

The actual declared "War on Cancer," as commonly referred to by most scientists and journalists,
dates back to 1971, when Nixon signed into law the National Cancer Act, for the first time
dedicating large amounts of federal money to the cause, establishing standards for cancer
centers, etc.

And, of course, one notes that you neglected to respond to the real whopper told at the beginning of
the article you posted, namely the lie about survival and cure rates for cancer not having improved
in 40 years.

|"If you cannot listen to the answers, why do you inconvenience me with questions?"