Bike seat pain

blondie12au

Jan 7, 2007
Hello there. I have just started riding a few months ago and having huge fun riding several days a week. Usually Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hubby also bought a bike and we often just pack a backpack with cheese, wine and bikkys and ride out along the river near where we live. Perth has many scenic rides and we just rode the Belmont 2 Joondalup ride last Sunday. It was a 30 km event and we rode thru the Polly Farmer Freeway with 7010 other happy campers. It was very well run event. It was also the first one hubs and I have done AND we rode all the way back after we had recovered. We are both middle aged and 2 years ago hubs had double knee replacement so I am pretty proud of him. We both ride Giant CRX 4 tho his bike is a tad bigger than mine :p . We met a fab guy in our area who set us up and explained exactly what we needed, due 2 hubs new knees and my lack of height :) So thanks heaps George. You did good. My only complaint has been the terrible designs of the bike seats so after numerous weeks of hubs having 2 listen to me complaining about how sore "My girlie bits" were he went out and MADE me a seat. He sure is a clever man. I can now ride huge distances and not have any pain there at all. I had thought i would have to send ova 2 America 2 buy a seat but the designs were just not what i thought would be comfortable. So now NO pain and I am free 2 go riding more often and can also go longer distances. YAY i am a happy girl. Daughters are less happy cuz now i am riding i have less time 2 babysit.....hahaha how sad

matagi said:
How about a picture of the seat? :)
Will do as soon as i figure out how....believe me it is a challenge using this internet thingy....hahaha have lovely day ***:)

blondie12au said:
Hello there. I have just started riding a few months ago and having huge fun riding several days a week. Usually Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Hubby also bought a bike and we often just pack a backpack with cheese, wine and bikkys and ride out along the river near where we live. Perth has many scenic rides and we just rode the Belmont 2 Joondalup ride last Sunday. It was a 30 km event and we rode thru the Polly Farmer Freeway with 7010 other happy campers. It was very well run event. It was also the first one hubs and I have done AND we rode all the way back after we had recovered. We are both middle aged and 2 years ago hubs had double knee replacement so I am pretty proud of him. We both ride Giant CRX 4 tho his bike is a tad bigger than mine :p . We met a fab guy in our area who set us up and explained exactly what we needed, due 2 hubs new knees and my lack of height :) So thanks heaps George. You did good. My only complaint has been the terrible designs of the bike seats so after numerous weeks of hubs having 2 listen to me complaining about how sore "My girlie bits" were he went out and MADE me a seat. He sure is a clever man. I can now ride huge distances and not have any pain there at all. I had thought i would have to send ova 2 America 2 buy a seat but the designs were just not what i thought would be comfortable. So now NO pain and I am free 2 go riding more often and can also go longer distances. YAY i am a happy girl. Daughters are less happy cuz now i am riding i have less time 2 babysit.....hahaha how sad
Happy riding! We bought 2 bikes last year (Avanti Pioneers 1 large 1 medium). I opted for a men's bike and have become used to it with no problems. Being a woman I needed storage space (a carrier & home modified small saddle bag - it does the job). Have had no real problems with the seat. I find it is more comfortable though when I adjust my position every now and then to aid circulation. Husband (no rear fat layer) had problems and bought bike shorts and now won't go riding without them. Envious re your scenic rides - we are squeezing rides into spare moments on the odd weekend. Pity about the babysitting drought
biggrin.gif