How do you avoid getting too sweaty

you don't want to stop drinking water before, during, or after a ride, if your pee is yellow or darker you're not drinking a enough, the pee should be almost clear; if you pinch a fold of skin on the back of your hand at doesn't immediately snap back you're not drinking enough water. Sweating is good for you because it helps regulate your body temperature to keep it cool, and sweating and breathing and peeing takes that important water out of your system so you need to replenish it...to the tune of 6 to 10 12 ounce glasses a day, and if you are the type that sweats a lot then you need closer to 10 glasses. If you become even partially dehydrated over a long period of time you could get kidney stones, you don't want those trust me! So drink plenty of water, and clear water is idea.

Because you sweat more than some there isn't a thing you can do about it, its who you are. So you need to arrive to work early enough to allow the sweating to stop, then use baby wipes as someone mentioned, and change into a change of clothes you brought with you and maybe some deodorant.

Speaking of deodorant do not use anti perspirant unless you were going on a date or some such outing in public to prevent that wet look on your shirt, especially wearing expensive dress shirts because they will get stained and sometimes nearly impossible to get out, but also out in public the wetness may embarrass you, wear an undershirt to help block the wetness from getting to the shirt but even then it still could. but otherwise don't stop what was intended by nature. Make sure you wash any shirt that does get stained by sweat as soon as you get home so it doesn't have the time to set, which means you need to change shirts frequently.

There is a medical procedure that can be done, but unless you sweat profusely all the time I wouldn't do that.

The best option is to avoid wearing heavy clothes while cycling. You will have to avoid putting on your sweater or any other clothes that can make you sweat. Try having a cold shower before cycling to work. If the problem persists then you can consider buying an electric bike.

The best option is to avoid wearing heavy clothes while cycling. You will have to avoid putting on your sweater or any other clothes that can make you sweat. Try having a cold shower before cycling to work. If the problem persists then you can consider buying an electric bike.

Even with an electric bike and you're out riding in 100 degree heat you'll still be sweating.

Thanks for all the responses everyone! It seems that after your answers, I have come to the conclusion that I just have to bring a change of clothes. I sweat more than the average person, so none of the ideas suggested would allow me to enter work in an acceptable state. Oh well though, such is life I suppose.

If you want to avoid getting sweaty, then you should wear a medium t-shirt. Wearing right shirts in the summer is a drag. You will sweat in five minutes. So, you should wear a shirt that is a little bigger than you. Plus, wearing a tight shirt in the summer makes you look like a idiot. The fall is the time for tight shirts. The only time.

I found a really cool towel at the store that you get wet then wring the water out of it and it stays cold. It's AMAZING for the summer or working out. I can't remember the exact name of it but I'm sure they're pretty easy to find. I put it around my neck and go about what I'm doing and it helps keep me nice and cool.

I've got to agree with many other posters here. If you drink less fluids before you set off to work on your bike. You're bound to sweat less. I also recommend wearing a vest underneath to absorb some of the sweat. And you can also apply baby powder on your underarms which seems to work quite well, and also reduce odor significantly.

The only thing that I can really tell you from experience is too use a cool pack that can wrap around your neck as a sweater. It helps a lot. I remember riding 10 miles to and from this one job that I had in the past, I would get there but lock my bike up about 400 feet from the entrance.

I would use that walk too cool me down, I even got to the point where I did not wear my work clothes while I was biking because I knew that I was going to sweat hard. It worked out really good for me. It was embarrassing but overtime I learned new methods that helped me out.

I've got to agree with many other posters here. If you drink less fluids before you set off to work on your bike. You're bound to sweat less. I also recommend wearing a vest underneath to absorb some of the sweat. And you can also apply baby powder on your underarms which seems to work quite well, and also reduce odor significantly.
You are wrong. Drinking less fluids will not have an affect on how much you sweat. Your body will just sweat anyway and it can cause dehydration.