Introductions

I'm Bruce from Louisville, KY. I"ve bicycled off and on all my life and due to surgeries to both shoulders, stopped riding in 2015. I am now a large Clydesdale at @ 250 pounds. I'm eager to get back on the bike this season. I'm a retired Army Veteraln with 4 combat tours. I struggle with depression and do not have a riding buddy to challenge or encourage me. I'll seek out group rides and hopefully meet some new friends. I typically ride only on weekends because of a busy work schedule, but am eager to get some shorter weekday rides in as well. My short term goals are to ride at least one day every weekend and lose this excess weight. I have a 2011 Cannondale CAAD 10 that I love, but thinking of trading up to a carbon Synapse for a more comfortable ride. BTW, my avatar is my first bike; its a Huffy from around 1972.

Thats awesome Bruce, riding the bike with some dietary changes is a great way to get the excess weight off and get healthy. 5 or 6 years ago I was around 120Kg (265lbs) and now hovering around 77/78kg and *********** it feels good to be fit. If you're short on time during the week, it might be worth checking out zwift. Its become my goto during the week, i'd rather do a hard session on it than go out in the dark or wind/rain.

IM JERRY
FROM MANASSAS VA
IM 6'2" 330LBS
Im looking for a mtb with a budget of $1500. need help getting a bike that can handle my size
im 6ft2in 330lbs weight is coming down started out 6months ago today at 382.
want to get a bike thats going to last me awile as my weight goes down
thanks for any help

Who are you? Jon Lewis

Where are you? Tennessee

How big are you? 5'8" 220lbs

What do you ride? Norco Valence Sora

How do you ride? uhhh? Medium pace?

What are your goals? Get fit and healthy for my daughter and to ride in charity fun rides.

Who are you? Omar Castro

Where are you? San Diego, CA, USA

How big are you? 5' 9", 218lbs

What do you ride? 2019 Giant Defy Advanced 1

How do you ride? 2-3 a week, averaging about 20 miles per ride.

What are your goals? To lose weight and get fit. I'm not looking to race or compete in any way, just drop some weight and listen to the noise of my tires against the road.

Where?:I'm in Normal, Normal Illinois.
How Big? 6'3" and 300 pounds.
What do I ride? A Dawes Eclipse City, a Falcon San Remo (1971), a Trek 600 (1985), a bike E,(1990's) a Trek 950 modded as a 26" touring bike(1992),and some others.
How? About 30 miles per week or more
What are my goals? Get exercise, enjoy cycling.

Reactions: The Earl of Grey