keeping feet dry

gpshay

Jan 3, 2023
On my last tour I used clip-less pedals I found them problematic on starting up on grades .. I decided on BlackSpire flat platform pedals with pins .. the only shoe I have found that holds up to the pins are Vans Old School skating tennis shoes .. NOW here is my question .. How do I keep them dry in a down pour .. My Gore shoe covers come in contact with a few of the pins and will destroy the fabric .. I have thought of removing the pins on one side of the pedal BUT I think the pedal would have no grip and might create a "slipping off" problem .. I first thought of applying some rubberized coating i.e. flex seal .. not sure if that would just peel off .. then I contemplated some of that "peel and stick" traction type tape .. the kind that is used on outdoor steps .. however there is not a lot of area on the pedal to adhere the tape too ... I worry about it staying put also ... I have even done a little research on those "running gaiters" but they seemed to be glued to the shoe .. so that doesn't seem very practical .. putting on wet cold shoes in the tent, in the morning is really something I would like to remedy .... can you think of a solution ?

I use shoes with lots of holes in it made of the same material in crocs footwear. They look similar to reef shoes and can be made of the same material.

These shoes won't keep your feet dry in rain, obviously with those many holes. But they dry up very quickly and they do dry up even during rides if the rain stops. You'll never have problems with smells because they dry so quickly and fresh everytime. Seems to be the perfect footwear for rainy season unless it's very cold.