profile cranks

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon

Apologies if this post has been up b4 i am having issues with my news reader.

Basically I am wondering if bmx and mtb peddal threads are of the same size.

--
***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***

Simon wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>
>Apologies if this post has been up b4 i am having issues with my news reader.
>
>Basically I am wondering if bmx and mtb peddal threads are of the same
size.
>

MTB cranks take pedal axles of 9/16", as do all three piece BMX cranks. Cheaper one-piece BMX cranks
usually take1". So BMX style pedals usually come in two sizes, MTB pedals will come only in 9/16".

Steve E.

Jonathan Harris wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>spademan o---[)* wrote:
>
>> MTB cranks take pedal axles of 9/16", as do all three piece BMX cranks. Cheaper one-piece BMX
>> cranks usually take1".
>
>1"?! My Lord, that would be enormous. Try dividing by two.
>

D'oh what a bas*ard, I knew it would be dangerous answering this post, now I'll have to try and
defend my answer in the face of the obvious facts...

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:36:04 +0100, Jonathan Harris did issue forth:

> spademan o---[)* wrote:
>
>> MTB cranks take pedal axles of 9/16", as do all three piece BMX cranks. Cheaper one-piece BMX
>> cranks usually take1".
>
> 1"?! My Lord, that would be enormous. Try dividing by two.

It's the new standard to go along with 1.5" steerers and oversized bottom brackets, innit?

--
Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

"spademan o---[)*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> Jonathan Harris wrote in message <[email protected]>...
> >spademan o---[)* wrote:
> >
> >> MTB cranks take pedal axles of 9/16", as do all three piece BMX cranks. Cheaper one-piece BMX
> >> cranks usually take1".
> >
> >1"?! My Lord, that would be enormous. Try dividing by two.
> >
>
> D'oh what a bas*ard, I knew it would be dangerous answering this post, now I'll have to try and
> defend my answer in the face of the obvious facts...

May I suggest something along the lines of "my / and 2 keys don't work too good" ;-)

Andy Chequer

Huw Pritchard wrote in message ...
>On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 10:36:04 +0100, Jonathan Harris did issue forth:
>
>> spademan o---[)* wrote:
>>
>>> MTB cranks take pedal axles of 9/16", as do all three piece BMX cranks. Cheaper one-piece BMX
>>> cranks usually take1".
>>
>> 1"?! My Lord, that would be enormous. Try dividing by two.
>
>It's the new standard to go along with 1.5" steerers and oversized bottom brackets, innit?
>
>--
>Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

You see word travels fast, news about the "humungapedal" standard has already reached Wales...

Andy Chequer wrote in message ...
>
>"spademan o---[)*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>>
>> Jonathan Harris wrote in message <[email protected]>...
>> >spademan o---[)* wrote:
>> >
>> >> MTB cranks take pedal axles of 9/16", as do all three piece BMX
cranks.
>> >> Cheaper one-piece BMX cranks usually take1".
>> >
>> >1"?! My Lord, that would be enormous. Try dividing by two.
>> >
>>
>> D'oh what a bas*ard, I knew it would be dangerous answering this post,
now
>> I'll have to try and defend my answer in the face of the obvious facts...
>
>May I suggest something along the lines of "my / and 2 keys don't work too good" ;-)
>
>Andy Chequer

No no no, that sounds too much like I'm backing down, I said 1" and now I have to back it up.

In fact I'm gonna have to set up my own company, "Behemoth pedals Co." and find someone who is an
out of work engineer to knock me up a prototype pedal with 1" axle. Then I'll take my sample to
korea and have them produce about 5000 pedals out of cast "alloy", set up a webpage announcing the
arrival of the new pedal standard (sorry, I meant existing pedal standard that no-one but me had
heard about before) "humungapedal" and flood the market. I've heard that I only need to put a small
glossy ad in any MTB rag featuring someone jumping and pointing at his pedals with a caption like
"Dude these pedals rock" and I'll make a small fortune.

And If that fails I'll sell them all to Shaun aRe to go with his heeewage tyres............

Oh and then when I've sold all the pedals, people will soon discover the need for my 'Cranktastical'
crankarms as of course they won't fit anything else.

Steve E.

spademan o---[)* wrote:

> No no no, that sounds too much like I'm backing down, I said 1" and now I have to back it up.
>
> In fact I'm gonna have to set up my own company, "Behemoth pedals Co." and find someone who is an
> out of work engineer to knock me up a prototype pedal with 1" axle. Then I'll take my sample to
> korea and have them produce about 5000 pedals out of cast "alloy", set up a webpage announcing the
> arrival of the new pedal standard (sorry, I meant existing pedal standard that no-one but me had
> heard about before) "humungapedal" and flood the market. I've heard that I only need to put a
> small glossy ad in any MTB rag featuring someone jumping and pointing at his pedals with a caption
> like "Dude these pedals rock" and I'll make a small fortune.
>
> And If that fails I'll sell them all to Shaun aRe to go with his heeewage tyres............
>
> Oh and then when I've sold all the pedals, people will soon discover the need for my
> 'Cranktastical' crankarms as of course they won't fit anything else.

Excellent idea. Prime candidate for the Cannondale 2004 line up.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

>No no no, that sounds too much like I'm backing down, I said 1" and now I have to back it up.
>
>In fact I'm gonna have to set up my own company, "Behemoth pedals Co." and find someone who is an
>out of work engineer to knock me up a prototype
pedal
>with 1" axle. Then I'll take my sample to korea and have them produce about 5000 pedals out of cast
>"alloy", set up a webpage announcing the arrival of the new pedal standard (sorry, I meant existing
>pedal standard that no-one but me had heard about before) "humungapedal" and flood the market. I've
>heard that I only need to put a small glossy ad in any MTB rag featuring someone jumping and
>pointing at his pedals with a caption like "Dude these pedals rock" and I'll make a small fortune.
>
>And If that fails I'll sell them all to Shaun aRe to go with his heeewage tyres............

On second thoughts I'm sure I can sell all of them to JD - everyone knows he'll buy anything
advertised in a magazine, heck I might even post a few reviews on MTBreview to totally convince him
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------
Review: "yeah, I like, picked up these pedals in this shop and they were like, waaay rad, I mean
come on maaan there made of, like, Alloy or summink. I'd definitely give them 5 chillis".

similar products tried: "Last week I saw some gnarly looking ped's in raditude cycles, they were
kinda grey lookin' but I liked 'em"

Overall summary: "Dude you gotta be stoopid not to buy these".
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------

Note to JD - this post contains traces of sarcasm, please don't swear at me again or call
me names...

Note to JD - The above line contains traces of sarcasm, I couldn't give a f*ck you w*nker..

Steve E.

spademan o---[)* wrote:

> On second thoughts I'm sure I can sell all of them to JD - everyone knows he'll buy anything
> advertised in a magazine, heck I might even post a few reviews on MTBreview to totally
> convince him
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ------------------
> Review: "yeah, I like, picked up these pedals in this shop and they were like, waaay rad, I mean
> come on maaan there made of, like, Alloy or summink. I'd definitely give them 5 chillis".
>
> similar products tried: "Last week I saw some gnarly looking ped's in raditude cycles, they were
> kinda grey lookin' but I liked 'em"
>
> Overall summary: "Dude you gotta be stoopid not to buy these".
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> -----------------
>
> Note to JD - this post contains traces of sarcasm, please don't swear at me again or call me
> names...
>
> Note to JD - The above line contains traces of sarcasm, I couldn't give a f*ck you w*nker..

Now that's funny! ROTFL.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.