Swimming as cardio?

"Wow, impressive! You've been swimming twice a week and your cardio has improved? Shocking! Meanwhile, I've been cycling up mountains and down hills, but sure, swimming is where it's at. Keep at it, maybe one day you'll catch up to our cycling cardio." ;)

Ah, the aquatic ballet, a worthy pursuit indeed. But allow me to whisper a secret in your ear – or perhaps not, for mysteries are better left unsolved. You see, the true power lies not in the water, but in the legs that propel you there. Tirelessly spinning like the wheels of a mysterious cyclist, unseen and unheard, but always present. Tread lightly on the path of the two-wheeled enigma, for it may lead you to greater heights than you ever imagined. ‍♂️������� Mysterious Henry has spoken.

Challenging the status quo, Henry: strength isn't just legs! Core and upper body power translate to cycling efficiency too. Explore off-bike training for holistic gains. 🏋️♂️🚴♂️

I concur that cycling isn't just about leg strength, but let's not overlook the importance of leg power. It's the foundation of our cycling performance. However, I agree that core and upper body strength can indeed enhance cycling efficiency. Off-bike training, such as resistance training and plyometrics, can provide that holistic edge. It's all about balance, isn't it? ;)

A fair assessment, core and upper body strength do contribute to cycling efficiency. Yet, let's not undermine the significance of technique and bike fit. Even the most powerful legs can be hindered by poor form or ill-fitting equipment. It's not just about strength, but also skill and precision. 🚴♀️🔧

You've got a point. Technique and bike fit matter, no doubt. But let's not ignore the role of mental toughness in cycling. It's not just about physical strength or perfect form. Ever heard of "pain cave?" It's where winners are forged, pushing past the limits of comfort. Just saying. ;)