Team Schleck errr, Leopard could've done MUCH better on the kit...

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

Bite me big boy.

The worst cycling kit designed in modern memory is this:

After seeing photos of races in bad weather feature this team, I can only feel sorry for the guys - looking like you're riding around butt naked with a foot print across your chest, well, I don't think that's an image that even their mothers could love.

I agree with you, the Footon-Servetto kit was HORRIBLE

Of course Tony fails too see the real functional reason why the Sky kit is Sh1te - too much black. Black might be cool if your name is James Hetfield and it's 1991 but when you're half way up something 'like' the Tourmalet in 90 degree heat it's just going to suck... I tried the pearl Izumi black mega expensive P.R.O. top that claimed to be ace in the heat due to reasons which seemed to defy science... And it sucked wearing the thing in the Sac Valley sun.

Le Groupement of 1995. Besides the **** team wear design that resembled splash handlebar tape, what a disaster of a team and organization. A collection of decent riders - Millar, Leblanc, Obree, Lino. Pensec, Van Poppel, Wust - that lead to nowhere.

Originally Posted by steve .

The bikes look pretty good!

PRESS RELEASE: Bontrager today confirmed that Team LEOPARD TREK will be riding aboard Bontrager wheels and accessories throughout the 2011 season. Included in the mix of products that Bontrager will be providing are wheels, handlebars, stems, waterbottles, and waterbottle cages. In addition to providing technical direction ranging from race day wheel and component selection to fit and sizing guidance on the team’s Madone and Speed Concept time trial bikes, Bontrager opens riders and mechanics to a vast array of size and spec options that will ensure a precision fit for the team’s entire roster. The team will employ a variety of Bontrager wheels, a brand that has carried riders to more Grand Tour victories than any other, in training and competition. Bontrager’s Aeolus collection and Race *** Lite wheels will become the race-to-race workhorse wheels while much of the teams’ training time will be spent on the Bontrager Classic. In addition to competing on Bontrager wheels, LEOPARD TREK will be assisting Bontrager’s development team with prototype development throughout the year. “One of the most valuable assets our teams and riders provide us with is unparalleled feedback about the products they compete with. These guys ride more than perhaps anybody else on the planet and have so much invested in the performance of the product. If it can work for them, we know it will work for just about anybody.” Said Trek VP of Product and Marketing Joe Vadeboncoeur. Bontrager will also provide much of the cockpit for some of the world’s best riders. Team mechanics will have the benefit of utilizing the vast array of sizes and materials that make up the Bontrager handlebar and stem offerings allowing them to dial in the perfect combination given the rider and the particular race. Bontrager’s Race X Lite and carbon Race *** Lite handlebars and stems will be utilized on Trek’s Madone while Bontrager SC components will appear on Trek’s Speed Concept.

They are nice bikes. Jersey isn't the best though. Wonder if the new Aus team will ride Malvern star??

Originally Posted by Scotttri .

They are nice bikes. Jersey isn't the best though. Wonder if the new Aus team will ride Malvern star??

They had better /img/vbsmilies/smilies/nonono2.gif

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

^^^ yawn...

Wasn't it only last year that the Cervelo team though it would ace to have an all black kit only to discover that they got too hot and the Tour would be a bit sh1te wearing it thus requiring a UCI approved change mid-season?

"Changing to lighter colors is also a benefit in hot summer temperatures that are typical at the Tour de France. It is part of our philosophy to create the "best" for the riders.
http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/news-blog/testteam/article/testteam-prepares-to-shine-with-special-tour-de-france-kit/291/

^^^ either I'm just a sleepy guy, or I have a few fanboy members of this site that are exceedingly boring with their lame schtick and seem to enjoy following me from thread to thread...

Test question: I wonder which one it could be.../img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

Nevertheless, it remains Team Schleck's kit could be MUCH better...

It does get rather lame that you never learn and need to be shown the error of your ways so frequently.

ambal said:
You blokes should get a hotel room.
He offered to get a room a while back but I had to decline to tonthe excessive amount of PMS meds that would have prevented me from putting my toothbrush in the bathroom cabinet... ... At first I thought 'the bag' was a bean bag to sit on - turns out it's his Pre-L5 advil snack bag.

^^^^ LOL! Ambal, that one's been used before! LOL! I think you might be better qualified than me to relieve him of his built-up angst.

Anyway, this is just a well-documented case of peni$ envy, oops, power envy...the guy can't crack 1000 watts, so he's envious of a guy who can do the deed for almost 30s.

The mental midget's been going on consistently/constantly for 2.5yrs jumping up and down and waving to get my attention, admiration, and/or respect. Nothing's working, still...

Originally Posted by tonyzackery .

^^^^ LOL! Ambal, that one's been used before! LOL! I think you might be better qualified than me to relieve him of his built-up angst.

Anyway, this is just a well-documented case of peni$ envy, oops, power envy...the guy can't crack 1000 watts, so he's envious of a guy who can do the deed for almost 30s.

The mental midget's been going on consistently/constantly for 2.5yrs jumping up and down and waving to get my attention, admiration, and/or respect. Nothing's working, still...
Power envy? Of whom? Cavendish would be envious of your supposed output in a sprint being that he can't top 1400 watts.

You really need to stop being full of yourself and lets remember who was bragging about their podium finish...
... for what was actually fourth place. How far up the road was the guy that won that particular sprint - 20 bike lengths? I see that 1600 watts of yours worked absolutely splendidly. Yeah, I'm envious.