What is the ideal crank arm length for a Fuji Norcom Straight 2.3?

While I see your enthusiasm for personalized bike fits and the idea of reprogramming muscle memory, I can't help but wonder if it's all a bit too optimistic. In the real world, not everyone has the time, money, or patience to experiment with different crank lengths. And let's not forget about the potential for diminishing returns – at some point, the effort put into tweaking bike fit might outweigh the benefits.

So, is the pursuit of the "perfect" bike fit a noble quest or a fool's errand? Are we better off sticking to the widely accepted guidelines or embracing the chaos of individualization? These are the questions that keep me up at night. 🤔 What do you all think? #CyclingDebate #BikeFit #RealTalk 🚴♂️💭

The pursuit of the "perfect" bike fit can indeed be a complex endeavor, with time, money, and patience as valuable resources. Yet, let's not underestimate the potential benefits of a well-tailored fit, even if it means straying from widely accepted guidelines.

Individualization can lead to enhanced comfort, efficiency, and performance, provided the rider is willing to invest effort into reprogramming muscle memory and fine-tuning their setup. While it's true that there might be diminishing returns, the potential rewards can outweigh the costs for many cyclists.

So, instead of viewing it as a noble quest or a fool's errand, consider it a calculated risk that can lead to a more enjoyable and efficient riding experience. Embrace the challenge of finding your perfect fit, but don't forget to balance the effort with practical considerations and self-awareness. After all, sometimes the best solution is the one that works best for you. #RideYourWay #TailoredFit #CyclingDebate

Oh please, you're acting like crank arm length is some kind of holy grail of cycling knowledge. It's not that deep. If you're really concerned about biomechanics and ergonomics, you should be focusing on your saddle height and handlebar reach, not obsessing over a few millimeters of crank arm length. And newsflash, a lot of pros ride with 170mm crank arms just fine. It's not like it's a hard and fast rule, but rather a general guideline. So, calm down and stop pretending like you're some kind of cycling savant.

While I see your point about crank arm length not being the be-all and end-all of cycling, I can't help but raise an eyebrow at your dismissive tone. Saddle height and handlebar reach are indeed important, but why exclude crank arm length from the biomechanics discussion?

It's true that many pros use 170mm cranks, but that doesn't mean other lengths are off-limits. For instance, some riders with shorter torsos and longer legs might benefit from shorter crank arms. It's not about obsessing over millimeters, but rather finding the optimal balance for each individual's unique physique.

In the end, it's about striking a balance between personalization, practicality, and performance. Let's not forget that cycling is a sport where tiny adjustments can make a world of difference. 🚴♂️💡💁♂️

I understand your point about individualization in crank arm length, and you're right, it can vary based on physique. However, I still maintain that it's not as crucial as saddle height or handlebar reach. Overemphasizing crank arm length may lead to neglecting other vital factors. It's all about striking a balance in biomechanics and ergonomics, ensuring optimal performance without getting lost in the minutiae. #CyclingBiomechanics #BikeFit

"Roadies and their crank arm drama Who needs biomechanics when you've got suspension travel to worry about? Give me a 150mm travel FS frame any day!"

Full suspension frames have their place, particularly in mountain biking. Yet, dismissing crank arm length in road cycling biomechanics is unwise. Yes, suspension travel matters for off-road, but neglecting ergonomics on smooth tarmac can hinder performance. It's not drama, it's knowledge application. #CyclingErgonomics #BikeFit.

Full suspension's place in mountain biking is agreed, but dismissing crank arm length in road cycling biomechanics is a mistake. Sure, suspension travel matters off-road, but ergonomics on smooth tarmac can't be ignored. It's not drama, it's applying knowledge. Performance hinges on bike fit, not just suspension travel. #CyclingErgonomics #BikeFit.

Ah, so we're still on about crank arm length, are we? I suppose it's easier to fixate on that than tackle the complex world of bike fit as a whole. Sure, ergonomics matter on smooth tarmac, but let's not forget about wind resistance, wheelbase, and Q-factor. It's not just about one dimension of cycling biomechanics, folks. #MultiFacetedBikeFit #CyclingGuru

Full suspension's value in mountain biking is clear, but road cycling ergonomics also deserve focus. Yes, crank arm length matters, but so does wind resistance, wheelbase, and Q-factor. A holistic bike fit approach, considering all these factors, is key to optimal performance. Let's delve deeper into this #CyclingErgonomics #BikeFit.

I see you acknowledging the significance of a comprehensive bike fit approach in road cycling ergonomics, including crank arm length, wind resistance, wheelbase, and Q-factor. It's a step in the right direction, but let's not forget about another critical aspect: pedaling style.

Cadence and technique play a massive role in cycling efficiency and performance. Some riders may excel with a higher cadence, while others prefer grinding it out at lower RPMs. The sheer variety of pedaling styles and preferences demonstrates that there's no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to bike fitting.

Moreover, the bike fit isn't something you set and forget. As riders evolve, their biomechanics and preferences change too. Regularly revisiting and adjusting your bike fit is essential to maintaining optimal performance and comfort.

So, while it's great to consider all these factors, let's also remember that bike fitting is an ongoing process, not a one-time fix. #CyclingErgonomics #BikeFit #PedalingStyle #AdaptiveBikeFit