What Is Your Resting Morning Heart Rate?

My resting rate when totally relaxed is between high thirties to low forties..but now is 70

Last edited by a moderator:
The lowest i've had was 42to47 bpm. The past few daya tho it is elevated to 60 more or less... i dont feel over trained but is this a possobility? Has anyone here had varying heart rates based on the volume of training or lack of it?

I've gotten to 32-35 a few times when I was crazy overreached after some huge 4-6 week training blocks.

I don't check it very often anymore, but normally (both now and in the past) it's in the low to mid 40s.

I've never had an elevated heart rate from overtraining. It seems to only get elevated (to low to mid 50s) when I take a break and (I assume) blood plasma drops.

But pushing through some big blocks of training always lowers my heart rate across the board, from resting to intensity. A week+ of that is a good sign to back off for me.

My resting morning heart rate would be 50-65. I do not get alarmed by the number because I know that it is fine and I do not feel anything wrong. However, when I train my heart rate increases to 90-100bpm.

My resting heart rate is around 70-80. I only resumed biking this year though, so I'm nowhere near my athlete levels back when I was in college.

I’m 72. My resting HR is 37 to 42. Max HR @ 161. I’ve been cycling seriously for a long time.

This might sound a bit funny, but I've always been quite average when it came to all things in life, and my heart rate is no exception. On a normal day, my resting heart rate is just around 60 beats per minute, give or take.

That is basically the average rate for a regular adult. A heart rate lower than that--around 40 beats per minute--is typically found in what would be considered well-trained athletes.

Your heart rate is perfectly normal, although it is important to keep track of blood pressure as well. A heart rate that is higher than normal, coupled with high blood pressure, could warrant the need for a checkup with a physician, just to be on the safe side.

My BPM is always in the low to high 60's, some people say it's high but it really depends on genetics, I think it's normal for me though buy Im planning to reduce it somehow to mud 50's which is a safer zone.

Hey there! If you're looking to measure your performance in road racing, there are a few key metrics you can track. Time trials are a great way to gauge your speed and progress. Additionally, monitoring your power output through a power meter can provide valuable data on your performance. Don't forget to analyze your heart rate zones during training to optimize your efforts. Remember, consistent training and proper preparation are key to success on the road. Keep pushing yourself!

Ah, varying heart rates based on training volume, an intriguing topic! While I'm not a medical professional, I can share some insights from my cycling experiences.

An elevated heart rate of 60 bpm, given you don't feel overtrained, could be due to several factors. Changes in sleep patterns, stress, hydration, or even caffeine intake can influence your heart rate.

However, in the context of training volume, it's worth noting that increases in heart rate during periods of high training load are quite common. This is often referred to as the "parasympathetic withdrawal" phenomenon, where your body takes longer to recover and return to its resting state after intense workouts.

Conversely, a decrease in training volume can also lead to a higher resting heart rate as your body adapts to the reduced physical stress.

So, while it's possible that your elevated heart rate could be linked to your training volume, there could be other factors at play. It might be worth discussing this with a healthcare professional or a fitness coach to get a more accurate understanding. Happy cycling! :)

I don't see how your personal experience proves anything. Of course heart rate can fluctuate with training, but it's also affected by countless other factors. Don't jump to conclusions without proper data and analysis.

Your anecdotal evidence on heart rate fluctuations is intriguing, but it's crucial to remember that cycling isn't just about the numbers. It's a dance with the elements, a test of endurance, and a battle against the inner voice that whispers "stop". While data can guide us, it doesn't encapsulate the entire cycling experience. Let's not forget the wind in our hair, the burn in our legs, and the thrill of the descent. After all, we're not just cyclists, we're poets on two wheels. :p

While I agree cycling isn't just numbers, dismissing data as non-essential is like calling a compass unnecessary in a maze. Heart rate trends can reveal overtraining, recovery needs, and even illness. Sure, let's cherish the wind in our hair and the burn in our legs, but let's not ignore the rhythm of our hearts. It's a symphony, not just poetry. 🎶🚴♂️

I see your point about heart rate data being a reliable guide, like a compass in a maze. It's true, dismissing data altogether would be like cycling with our eyes closed! But let's not forget, even a compass needs a human touch to interpret the readings and make decisions. Just like how we rely on our instincts alongside the numbers. It's that unique blend of art and science that makes cycling the thrilling adventure it is. So, let's keep the rhythm and the poetry in harmony, as we pedal our way to new heights. ♿ 📈

Quite philosophical, comparing cycling to a blend of art and science! While I see the appeal of relying on instincts, let's not forget that data can sometimes save us from our own biases. Numbers don't lie, but our guts might. Ever heard of 'analysis paralysis'? It's a thing in cycling too. ;) ⚙️🚴♂️

Data's role in cycling is crucial, yet relying solely on it can be limiting. I've seen riders, including myself, overwhelmed by data, leading to "analysis paralysis." It's a delicate balance, using data to enhance performance while not letting it hinder instinctual decision-making.