What Kind Of Bike Do You Own?

I had a bmx also before, but i replace it into a mountain bike, because some of my friends encourages me for a long ride, and it's hard to use the bmx for a long ride.

I have an old GT triple triangle steel mountain bike, and a Trek 29 plus, and a Fat bike.

The bike that I'm currently using is called Voodoo Canzo Mountain Bike. I got it for a really, really good price when one of the nearby bike shops has a sale and I fell in love with it. I'm really surprised by how good it is.

One time I fell when I was riding downhill but the bike hardly got damaged at all... I thought that it would at least break something but nope. Really nice quality.

I currently own a BMX, lol. I've had this bike for a while, although I'm looking to upgrade to a nice Mountain Bike. People don't really use BMX's because they are seen as unsafe and are more for the younger generation, however I believe that if the bike suits you, your sorted. Thoughts, anybody?

I still have my old GT Silver Wing BMX bike and she's still shiny. But I really can't use it to roam around the city anymore haha I get a lot of stares from people. I now have several mountain bikes a very old huffy, a gt and my fave a newly assembled GTS.
IMG_20180322_182042.jpg
IMG_20180322_182016.jpg

I recently sold my 5 year old GT MTB for some extra spending money for the Holy Week. I had a good times riding it. I just sold it the other day for $275, wish I sold it at a higher price.
Screenshot_20180322-184425.png

Last edited:
Here's my new GTS and I'm having a great deal of fun with it. It's more comfortable for me and I've modified it to my body so its perfect for my built.
IMG_20180325_231434_200.jpg

I got a new one, actually I just bought it today from a Friend who needs money and he was lucky that I still haven't spend the money that came from the sale of my old GT which I sold recently for $275 now I bought another GT Chucker 3.0 in very good condition for only $200. I'm happy because I was able to get a better bike than my old GT plus I got a profit of $75.
IMG_20180411_171959.jpg
IMG_20180411_172039.jpg
IMG_20180411_172023.jpg

People don't really use BMX's because they are seen as unsafe and are more for the younger generation...

You definitely don't see too many adults on BMXs, so I'd certainly agree that they're far more popular among younger people. At 25 years old, I'm not exactly a youngster myself anymore. That being said, I'm still a fan of BMX bikes because they were very popular while I was growing up in the 90's. My parents never bought me one, but now that I have my own income I decided to pick one up just to fulfill that childhood desire.

I take it for a spin every now and again, but overall I prefer my mountain bike as it is a more comfortable riding experience. My BMX is for attempting tricks that ultimately result in both a bruised tailbone and ego.

My mountain bike is the only bike I can speak of although it is not really branded since I bought it in a cheap store. I don't invest much in bikes because it is only a hobby for me. And I don't believe in buying expensive bikes unless I would be serious in my riding. For my regular use of the bike, I only ride about once or twice a week because my work schedule has been hectic for the past 10 years or so. I only could bike often when I was younger, not because I was stronger but because I had more time to spare.
The mountain bike trails I ride are fire roads in the local mtns so nothing technical. But I could never make it up on a BMX. The roads are steep, 10-20% max grades for some good long sections so I need gears.

If I ever put mountain biking before road biking,

The mountain bike trails I ride are fire roads in the local mtns so nothing technical. But I could never make it up on a BMX. The roads are steep, 10-20% max grades for some good long sections so I need gears.

If I ever put mountain biking before road biking,
My mountain bike is the only bike I can speak of although it is not really branded since I bought it in a cheap store. I don't invest much in bikes because it is only a hobby for me. And I don't believe in buying expensive bikes unless I would be serious in my riding. For my regular use of the bike, I only ride about once or twice a week because my work schedule has been hectic for the past 10 years or so. I only could bike often when I was younger, not because I was stronger but because I had more time to spare.

Personally I own an 18 geared mountain bike with suspension both on the front and back. I've had it some years now and it's always done a good job when I've needed it.

I mainly ride my custom made QS 10KW ebike:
qs.png

I also own a Nishiki 750W - my first ebike.
nishiki.png

Nishiki was used for commuting until I made the QS monster.

Hi to everyone!
How do you think, which type of mountine bike will be suitable for a newer?
After a long break in riding I'm finally back , and I'm going buy good mountine bike. Right now I have an ordinary classic bike, even don't know its model.

Absolutely, if a BMX suits your needs and you feel comfortable riding it, then it's the right bike for you. However, I'm curious about your interest in a mountain bike. Are you looking to tackle more rugged terrain or participate in off-road activities?

As for additional cargo capacity, I'd recommend looking into BOB trailers. They're great for touring and can be easily attached to your bike. I recently got one for my wife and me, and it's been a game-changer for our long-distance rides.

I'd love to hear more about your experiences with different types of bikes and what you're hoping to achieve with your upgrade. Let's keep the conversation going!

While I appreciate your dedication to BMX, I must point out that safety should be a priority, especially for those of us with heart conditions. Mountain biking can offer a good balance of excitement and safety, but it's crucial to choose a bike that suits your needs and abilities. Have you considered consulting with a cycling expert or physical therapist to ensure a safe and enjoyable upgrade?

I understand your concern about safety, especially for those with heart conditions. However, let's not dismiss BMX bikes outright. With the right safety gear and modifications, BMX bikes can be just as safe as mountain bikes. It's all about the rider's comfort and ability to handle the bike.

Consulting with a cycling expert or physical therapist is a wise move, but don't forget about bike fitters. They can help adjust your bike to suit your body mechanics, reducing strain on your heart.

As for the rugged terrain, BMX bikes with wider tires can handle rough terrains quite well. If you're keen on mountain biking, consider a hardtail or full-suspension mountain bike, depending on your needs.

Remember, it's not just about the bike, but also about the rider's skills and safety measures taken. Let's keep this conversation rolling with more insights and tips. 👍

Safety's paramount, sure, but BMX modifications can't match a mountain bike's inherent design for heart patients. Bike fitters are great, yet they can't transform a BMX into a heart-friendly ride. Wide tires on rough terrains don't equate to stress-free cycling, especially with a heart condition.