Your favorite travel web sites?

donaldjerry

Jun 3, 2010

What I would be really interested in knowing is what are travel sites to do feel the Best of the Best, that is, ones that you always use and rely on when planning travel. You can list them so that I may add up to my collections.
Thanks for your help.

Here in the UK we have a few good cyling tips fourms..Bike Radar ...CTC.. Bikeforums..Bikely..The Most popluar one for your type of trip which most recommend is Crazyguyonabike .com.Lots of cycling blogs etc on it..

To this I would also add ...Thorntree forum ..thats for general travel,Its the Lonely Planet forum.It has a bike section too..Also hostelworld or hostelbookers for booking accomodation on the road

Matador Network is fantastic. It's not cycling specific and I wouldn't necessarily use it for trip planning, but there's a lot of material. If you're into vagabonding, the philosophy of travel, or even just reading really good travelogues/photo essays I'd definitely check it out!

The only downside is that every time I look at Matador I wonder why the heck I'm inside at a computer and not volunteering in Thailand or riding cross country or something. :D