swim meet age

Matt

Guest
does anyone know how your age (for an age group) is based in a USS meet. for example, if your
birthday was in the middle of a 3 day meet, would they use your age from the begining of the meet,
of would they have you swim in 2 different age groups for the meet?

TIA..

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 10:56:24 -0500, Matt wrote:

> does anyone know how your age (for an age group) is based in a USS meet. for example, if your
> birthday was in the middle of a 3 day meet, would they use your age from the begining of the meet,
> of would they have you swim in 2 different age groups for the meet?
>
> TIA..

I don't know about USS meets but here in Canada you swim the age you were as of the sanction date,
ie you don't change age groups.

GL Mike

According to the meet sheets, it is your age as of the FIRST DAY of the meet.

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 10:56:24 -0500, Matt wrote:
>
> > does anyone know how your age (for an age group) is based in a USS meet. for example, if your
> > birthday was in the middle of a 3 day meet, would
they
> > use your age from the begining of the meet, of would they have you swim
in 2
> > different age groups for the meet?
> >
> > TIA..
>
> I don't know about USS meets but here in Canada you swim the age you were as of the sanction date,
> ie you don't change age groups.

Interesting twist though - if your birthday is the second day of the meet, and so you swim (for
example) in the 11&12 100 Free on that day while you are really 13, you cannot set or break the
11&12 record - 'cause you are 13!